Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,333,091 times

Advertisements

When I was younger, I had guy friends. One by one they all ended up trying to cross the line and it strained the friendship. I get along with men great and can be the best of friends, however, I don't trust it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,405,690 times
Yes, I have many female friends I have no sexual interest in whatsoever. We just have a lot of common interests in what we like to do, games, sports, politics, spirituality, TV, music etc.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:17 AM

240 posts, read 437,620 times
It can happen but it is hard because of emotional stress that it can cause

Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
You can only be friends where there's no attraction between the two of you. If one likes the other then it's doomed from the start. Leading them on by flirting and being a tease is your mistake and this mess is all your own doing. Stop plying them for attention & validation and you'll have better relationships with men in the future. If you're the type of woman I suspect, I suggest giving this a read and this one as well (http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/01/12/eternal-solipsism-of-the-female-mind/ - broken link).
Those are interesting articles though I would have to disagree on the part stating about placing your spouse first and second is your child. Both are important people in your life and there shouldn't be preferences for any of them...

Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM

850 posts, read 1,547,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
As of now I just want friends but it seems most men won't understand this.

I already had to reject two men I would see on a previous job. Basically all we did was talk and flirt a bit, but they took it the wrong way and started talking to me as if I was their girlfriend. They went to the point of overly calling me baby or ''I love you's'' blah... blah.... I know what they were getting to..

Now I'm friends with this other co-worker but I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way either. Can't they for one second see us as friends only? I'm really not interest in relationships nor dating, just a regular talk and hang-up.. same as I would do with female friends and in addition I don't even find then attractive.
Its easy to be friends with a man as long as you know your boundaries. I have many guy friends and they know I have a boyfriend already, so they know better then to cross the line..nor would I even let it get that far.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,519,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
As of now I just want friends but it seems most men won't understand this.

I already had to reject two men I would see on a previous job. Basically all we did was talk and flirt a bit, but they took it the wrong way and started talking to me as if I was their girlfriend. They went to the point of overly calling me baby or ''I love you's'' blah... blah.... I know what they were getting to..

Now I'm friends with this other co-worker but I hope he doesn't take it the wrong way either. Can't they for one second see us as friends only? I'm really not interest in relationships nor dating, just a regular talk and hang-up.. same as I would do with female friends and in addition I don't even find then attractive.
For what it's worth, my wife and I were former co-workers and friends for years. It wasn't until she left our agency and went to work for another that I finally asked her out. Had we still worked together I wouldn't have asked and if I had, she wouldn't have accepted.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,173,488 times
yeah i have plenty of female friends. nothing odd going on in the background (that i know of!)

Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Nope. One of them always wants sex from the other, or is hoping to get some later on down the road. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
Really I have guy friends...I don't bang them?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
For what it's worth, my wife and I were former co-workers and friends for years. It wasn't until she left our agency and went to work for another that I finally asked her out. Had we still worked together I wouldn't have asked and if I had, she wouldn't have accepted.
That's a wonderful story but I'm not interested in a relationship yet. I don't want to deal with the emotional strings on it again. Perhaps two years from now maybe but I'm also a bit more picky this time on what type of man I want. In addition, I don't want to appear I'm dating a man only as a rebound.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:10 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,339,028 times
I don't think men and women can just be friends especially if they r both single and available. Maybe married couples can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships