Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 AM

4,518 posts, read 5,070,129 times

Advertisements

It may be a fake post but as the old saying goes ; "Sports do not build character, it reveals character ".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 11:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
It may be a fake post but as the old saying goes ; "Sports do not build character, it reveals character ".

That's why I quit playing

Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,902,841 times
I think you should make fake posts under a bunch of different names in City Data. Oh wait...

Old 02-13-2014, 01:14 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,778,607 times
Yeah, need to be more creative and timely with a first post....

Old 02-13-2014, 06:28 PM

993 posts, read 1,563,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Yeah, need to be more creative and timely with a first post....
Yeah, seriously. The superbowl was almost two weeks ago. That's old news now.

Also, who eats spaghetti while watching the superbowl?

Old 02-14-2014, 04:27 PM

89 posts, read 113,635 times
Clearly, you people don't understand sports fans. This post may or may not be fake, but stuff like this happens. During football season, I have to fight really hard not to throw the remote into the TV screen when I'm watching my team screw up. If it were my TV, it probably would have been busted by now. I watch football and basketball with family, though.

Us sports fans don't play when it comes to our team, man. If I were a Denver fan, I would have been tempted to do more than throw spaghetti on the TV with as ridiculous as they looked during the Superbowl. It's not losing that's the problem; it's how they do it that makes us lose it. You can't possibly understand if you're not seriously into a team.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:32 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,218,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensational View Post
Clearly, you people don't understand sports fans. This post may or may not be fake, but stuff like this happens. During football season, I have to fight really hard not to throw the remote into the TV screen when I'm watching my team screw up. If it were my TV, it probably would have been busted by now. I watch football and basketball with family, though.

Us sports fans don't play when it comes to our team, man. If I were a Denver fan, I would have been tempted to do more than throw spaghetti on the TV with as ridiculous as they looked during the Superbowl. It's not losing that's the problem; it's how they do it that makes us lose it. You can't possibly understand if you're not seriously into a team.
Wow, if watching sports on your tv, influences you to want to damage or mistreat it then it's TIME for a different hobby altogether, I don't care HOW passionate you are about the sport.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:30 AM

728 posts, read 1,902,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensational View Post

It's just a game dude.

I never understood why people would get so upset over something as trivial and utterly meaningless as sports. Gas prices may suddenly go up a dollar a gallon overnight and people might balk but if some local sports team loses a game people just lose their minds and are rioting in the streets and throwing spaghetti!

Get your priorities straight

Old 02-15-2014, 01:41 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,341,075 times
Perhaps this happens to compulsive gamblers.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 AM

1,880 posts, read 2,314,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Perhaps this happens to compulsive gamblers.
I was going to ask if the OP's friend was a gambler - he might have lost big on the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships