Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:57 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,695,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
you are asking.........."do we know each other?"
NO, ya idjit, im asking "Thanks for the friend request but would you mind telling me why exactly it was sent? If its for a game please tell me which one as I play a few different ones on FB"

Amazing how this has confused and stunned so many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 08:23 PM

22,637 posts, read 47,790,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
NO, ya idjit, im asking "Thanks for the friend request but would you mind telling me why exactly it was sent? If its for a game please tell me which one as I play a few different ones on FB"

Amazing how this has confused and stunned so many.
Well, many of us never play games... and many of us only are friends with people we know in real life.
No need to resort to name-calling! Open yourself up to other possibilities!

Old 05-29-2014, 08:25 PM

22,637 posts, read 47,790,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Why would I NOT ask someone i dont know from Adam why they wish to be my friend on FB?
Because, if I don't know them from Adam, I deny the request.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:50 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,379,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
What would you do if you friend requested someone on FB... maybe a friend, acquaintance, coworker, & they "ignored" you or hadn't added you? Or if their Friend Request said "Friend Request Pending" But you saw them every once in awhile. I know FB isn't a big deal, but would it bother you? Would you close out the "friend request?" Am I overanalyzing this?

I tend to overanalyze it and be bothered by it too, especially if someone who I thought I had a good relationship with adds other people I know but not me. I try to search my brain to figure out what I could have done to tick them off. My inclination is not to confront them about it. However, if they cannot decide in one week whether to add me or not, and it's obvious they are active on the site, then I just cancel my request. I coined a term for this..."addxiety!"

Old 10-17-2014, 04:39 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,127,939 times
I have a Facebook account but I rarely access it. So yeah a friend request may go ignored for weeks or even months sometimes. It's no reflection on the other person. I just don't care about Facebook and only keep my account because of certain family members. I was on there last Christmas and I got a couple of IM's saying "OMG Fiona's on Facebook" LOL I am sure there are others out there like me. If the pending friend request bothers you, just close it out and move on and try not to take it personally.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:13 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,092,205 times
If someone uses facebook daily.its no way they cannot see a friend request

Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,517,418 times
Quote:
What would you do if you friend requested someone on FB... maybe a friend, acquaintance, coworker, & they "ignored" you or hadn't added you? Or if their Friend Request said "Friend Request Pending" But you saw them every once in awhile. I know FB isn't a big deal, but would it bother you? Would you close out the "friend request?" Am I overanalyzing this?
Over analyzing this for sure.
I'm as slow responding as cold mollasses going uphill in Jan.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:46 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,277,795 times
Quote:
What would you do if you friend requested someone on FB... maybe a friend, acquaintance, coworker, & they "ignored" you or hadn't added you?
Oh gosh, I don't know, maybe I'd quit using Facebunk the way I did years ago because no one on there is really your friend at all and it's just an empty mouse-click gesture that means nothing 99% of the time. If you actually know the other person... personally, what do you need Facebunk for anyway? Here you are getting all worked up about being ignored on there, why not just call the other person and actually TALK TO THEM? Oh, wait, do you have their number in the first place?

Old 10-19-2014, 06:16 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,415,950 times
It could be the very thing you are wondering. They don't like you enough to want you in their Facebook.

So what??

Focus on the ones who HAVE added you and like you. You had a picture of you guys being friends on Facebook and they are missing out on that. Could've been interesting. Their loss.

And again, this is only assuming the worst-case assumption is even true. Even if this is the case, still doesn't matter.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:31 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,167,693 times
I have a huge list of friend requests that I have not responded to. I doubt any of them are offended, but who knows? I do think its an odd thing to worry about. Most of my FB friends are family and people from past places I have lived whom I no longer see on a regular basis. This is how I keep up with them. If I did not know you well, or we didn't really connect on some level I am not likely to friend you if you send a request.

Most of my good friends where I live now are not FB friends of mine, nor me of theirs. We live our friendship in real time without snapping group selfies every time we are together and then posting it so the world can see how awesome we all are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships