Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 09:59 PM

5 posts, read 5,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I am sure you care about your friend and are looking out for her (I guess), but it also sounds like you view this guy as some crazy competition, and are more concerned about the fact she is "choosing" you over him than the fact that your friend might be in danger.
If your friend does not like him and thinks he is creepy, then why would there even be a choice to be made? Your story just doesn't make sense, sorry.
No. There's no competition. I'm not about to compete over a friendship.

My friend is too nice to tell him off. That's why we argue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:59 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrett178 View Post
No, I didn't say that. I just wondered why he was threatened.
If you want to understand the mind of a stalker, then take a psychology class.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:06 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
No. There's no competition. I'm not about to compete over a friendship.

My friend is too nice to tell him off. That's why we argue.
Then she's not doing herself any favors. Stalking is scary as hell, I've watched a couple of my friends get terrorized. If your friend isn't going to take this seriously.... There's actually nothing you can do, but to direct her to educate herself.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:10 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,123 times
I had a stalker, they do not go away easily. It is not something to ignore, trust me.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:14 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
You need to back off a tad and just realize that only she can do what's right for her, even if it means getting your cousin to leave her alone. He sounds crazy though.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:03 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,417 times
Based on his erratic behavior and comments, he sounds potentially dangerous. Strongly encourage your friend to get a restraining order as Inkpoe suggested.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:02 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
I am sure you care about your friend and are looking out for her (I guess), but it also sounds like you view this guy as some crazy competition, and are more concerned about the fact she is "choosing" you over him than the fact that your friend might be in danger.
If your friend does not like him and thinks he is creepy, then why would there even be a choice to be made? Your story just doesn't make sense, sorry.
^^^^This.

We aren't getting the full story or the OP isn't getting the full story.

She thinks he's creepy yet it seems she hangs out with him.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:51 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
I am not sure that she only has one stalker.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:15 PM

830 posts, read 1,666,371 times
Default creepy stalkers!

Quote:
I had a stalker, they do not go away easily. It is not something to ignore, trust me.
You are absolutely right. "Ignoring him" makes him angrier and more persistent. That's what I've seen happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlestix View Post
Based on his erratic behavior and comments, he sounds potentially dangerous. Strongly encourage your friend to get a restraining order as Inkpoe suggested.
Everyone needs to look into what standard is necessary to "get a restraining order" in his/her jurisdiction. "Restraining order" is a common answer to these problems but the public needs to know it's not that easy to get one placed. For example if the young man is attending college at the same campus as the OP's friend, then he has a reason to be on campus and it is very difficult to prove that he is truly coming over just to stalk her. Most stalker tactics are not illegal, so they are able to continue.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Why is he threatened by me, though? I'm the closest one to her. She told me not to back off. She likes that I look out for her. My best friend is attractive, but I've never been attracted to her. Plus she dates my cousin.
C'MON! If i really need to spell it out for you: it is because you have (emotional) intimacy on a level that he doesn't. He wants that. And he wants her body which is closer to you than to him even if not sexually.

And she told you NOT to back off? Why are you even bringing up her attractiveness?

My intuition tells me that there is a two way "pseudo-crush" going on w u and bff and that maybe you want to hear he's threatened because she likes you. Maybe she does. Or maybe she just wants a "back up." This is someone who will be protective and fawn all over her may even be attractive but she doesn't really "like-like." He supplies all the emotional support needed that others can't provide. It is common for pretty chicks to have these types of relationships w "the nice guy." Some grow out of it. Some do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships