Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 05:48 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,293,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I wouldn't ask a stranger, or even a very casual acquaintance. It seems weird to me that your sorority big sister can't step in to fill the role for the weekend. Maybe one of the other upper classwomen can? I'd go back to either your "sister", or the president of the sorority for answers.

Good for you for making it to college, and, since it means something to you, being accepted into a sorority despite your difficult background. Don't let one weekend throw you off track.
I agree. You should ask your "big sister" for some help. Heck, maybe their is even an alum that would be willing. I certainly would if I lived near you..You aren't in North Dakota are you? lol

You should be very proud of your accomplishments. I'd love to hear about how you got into school, my heart breaks for kids like you coming out of the system. There is a program in our area that helps transition kids. Wonder if you've ever considered a thread about this...Bet others would learn from your accomplishments. Think about that.

And, if worse comes to worse, go alone....Believe me, there will be moms and daughters that will include you, and maybe you can help MC or with events.

Think of it this way, to the others you'll likely become much more interesting, because you don't seem to have let it hold you back, so don't let it hold you back now either. Wish I could give you a hug....All the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships