Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:38 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
During the most recent browbeating she told me I was being "defensive"
So I am not supposed to ask for her to stop or defend myself ???
Just listen to the lecture like a good little girl ???

What you do is tell her one last time that this topic is not open for discussion, debate, nor lecture and if/when she starts with this topic you will leave if you are out and about or if she is in your home she will be shown the door immediately.

When you are showing her the door tell her that she has been told numerous times the topic is not open for discussion, debate or lecture, open the door, tell her to have a nice day and close the door.

Some people do not understand civil so be downright uncivil and she might just grasp the boundary concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 04:10 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,031,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
First of all if you have mention the right story on your OP every one might have some positive answers for you. Truly sorry about your husband but I think your friend has a point. Don't see it as a nagging. Yes you lost your husband. There is nothing you can to stop that. If you could, you did it. I think church is a right place to have a relief, release the pain. And If I were you I am truly happy if some one take me to the church. And I am happy if some one try to get me in to the reality. There is nothing to defend or being aggressive towards to a friend who ask you to join the prayers at church and study the bible. Bible explain about death pain and everything. So still my hat off to your friend sorry. She is being a good friend in my view.
Isn't that for me to decide ???

Old 09-15-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What you do is tell her one last time that this topic is not open for discussion, debate, nor lecture and if/when she starts with this topic you will leave if you are out and about or if she is in your home she will be shown the door immediately.
I feel like she got her one last chance because I have told her many times it needs to stop and the last time
I clearly told her I can't continue to be around her unless she backs off with this issue and lets me figure it out on my own.
She flat out said she would not stop because she thinks its justified..and thinks it would mean she isn't
being bold for the gospel..

We talked again the next day (not in anger) and I told her I will not listen to it anymore and she said
she can't let it go. So we both said we would miss each other..

I think I didn't have a choice in this situation..

Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,642 times
Quote:
Isn't that for me to decide ???
of course it is up to you to decide but don't ask from public if you don't like the answers. Don't try to blow your anger here on me I don't even know you.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:22 AM

I didn't explain the exact issue to begin with because in a way it muddies the water.

The exception would be if it were a destructive behavior that she was
understandable concerned about..

Other than that if a friend tells me they prefer to not hear anything more about an issue I would respect that.

Last edited by kelly237; 09-15-2014 at 04:30 AM..

Old 09-15-2014, 04:27 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
Quote:
I have a friend that has nagged me to death about a particular issue..
The issue doesn't matter...
She gets on a roll about it and won't stop even when I say "please stop !!!"

I finally told her that I can't be around that anymore, that she has to stop judging &
harping on this issue..She said she can't.

So I told her I can't be around her then, because it is disrespectful for her to ignore
my asking her to stop..She can't see that it is controlling and says I am being controlling by placing
limitations on the conversation..

How do I explain that its a healthy boundary to not allow myself to be badgered.

Obviously you don't because you tried and she disagrees.

So stop making fake threats and just stop seeing her/being around her.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
of course it is up to you to decide but don't ask from public if you don't like the answers. Don't try to blow your anger here on me I don't even know you.

That is the whole point of the OP..Whether its good for me isn't the issue. The issue is whether
she can back off with the way that she is badgering me and let me figure out my spiritual walk myself.

I actually want to find a church (but not her church)
... but I want her to quit harping on it, lecturing me and
acting like I answer to her about it..I have told her this...

Old 09-15-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

I think that is the only answer..

Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Exactly, If she had said that she would try to back off then it would make sense to see how it goes,
but with her justifing it as accountablitity and saying that she will not stop I see nothing else to talk about.

She has already texted trying to explain why she won't stop.
That made me wonder if there was a way to help her see the problem..
I told her it was controlling behavior.
That is when she said I was being controlling to try to limit the conversations.
I told her lectures were not conversations..

I try to stay clear of drama and prefer friends that respect me.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:59 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,642 times
Quote:
That is the whole point of the OP..Whether its good for me isn't the issue. The issue is whether
she can back off with the way that she is badgering me and let me figure out my spiritual walk myself.

I actually want to find a church (but not her church)
... but I want her to quit harping on it, lecturing me and
acting like I answer to her about it..I have told her this...
That is not the meaning of your OP for me it does not matter. I think you are a sort woman who does not like to hear from other people. Any way good luck with your friend.
you have only two choices
either you keep the friendship and still be aggressive to her say harassing things towards to her believes and church and bible lessons.
Or just stop contact as NC and live with the evil or god you like.
Nothing much other than that you can to regarding this. By the way regarding respect you then you need to behave in a way people can respect you too. IF you being arrogant in front of people and expect them to respect you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships