Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 AM

293 posts, read 310,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
In my experience, when someone (myself included) misses a birthday or anniversary, it's usually not because they can't remember the date of the event. More likely they've lost track of the current date.
Yeah, I can see that happening. That happens to me for stuff like holidays, particularly ones I consider "non-major" like Labor Day or Memorial Day. Usually the first inkling I have of those is when I see a commercial on television.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 07:12 AM

293 posts, read 310,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I have forgotten my own anniversary a few times. I've forgotten birthdays before too. I'm horrible with remembering dates I guess and I don't always look at the calendar. I don't have a smart phone. I'm a woman.
I've never heard of a woman forgetting an anniversary.

Mind. Blown.

That would be pretty sweet to be the guy in that instance. I'd just go on and on about it forever.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:21 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,018,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
This is probably a rather useless question, but I'm just sort of curious, so I figured I'd ask. I know lots of guys forget anniversaries and birthdays and that's pretty much a running joke societally. Also, lots of guys get in trouble or get into fights over that. But with the advent of smartphones with calendars and even the ability to remind you about those things, is that a thing of the past? Anyone recently (within the past maybe three years) want to fess up to either forgetting or knowing someone who forgot?
No it is not useless question! I am happy that you post it. Well my ex husband never remember my birthday, or our anniversary either my daughters birthday. My daughters birthday I had to remine him. All the time.He words regarding those were " I don't care about those, just another day, but I do those in action" How he was done through actions are clear that is why we are divorced today. I don't mind if he forget my birthday but a day like we got married and the day our child was born is sweet memories. My view is if some one care those are not difficult things to remember.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:24 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
I feel younger for not counting every single birthday... so if it doesn't get "celebrated" then that's fine with me.

Years ago, when I was about 42 years old, I didn't even realize that I had left my thirties. It took a little Chinese girl asking me my age to notice that. I had to tell her that I was born in 1958 and that she should do the math.

I hate that Americans seem so obsessed with everyone's age and define a person by a number. I mean, what senior citizen wants everyone wishing them a happy 70th or 80th birthday? Just wish them well and be done with it, don't make them so old.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:43 AM

22,638 posts, read 47,797,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I mean, what senior citizen wants everyone wishing them a happy 70th or 80th birthday? Just wish them well and be done with it, don't make them so old.
A birthday wish does not make someone old. Living on this planet for those 70 or 80 years makes them old.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:48 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,286,520 times
Quote:
I mean, what senior citizen wants everyone wishing them a happy 70th or 80th birthday? Just wish them well and be done with it, don't make them so old.
My mother wanted a big party for her 80th. She was pretty proud of her 80 trips around the sun, and felt it should be celebrated.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I feel younger for not counting every single birthday... so if it doesn't get "celebrated" then that's fine with me.

Years ago, when I was about 42 years old, I didn't even realize that I had left my thirties. It took a little Chinese girl asking me my age to notice that. I had to tell her that I was born in 1958 and that she should do the math.

I hate that Americans seem so obsessed with everyone's age and define a person by a number. I mean, what senior citizen wants everyone wishing them a happy 70th or 80th birthday? Just wish them well and be done with it, don't make them so old.
count your age with your mind. young mind young age. When you were born let it stay on paper

Old 09-15-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
My mother wanted a big party for her 80th. She was pretty proud of her 80 trips around the sun, and felt it should be celebrated.
My mam and dad both celebrate round figures the rest no. Me I dont remember what I did. yes made a cake with my little one.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,448,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Among my friends and neighbors, the forgetful husband is exactly what you said...a joke. Not reality.
The husbands know when they got married. They know their wives' birthdays. IT is not rocket science.
Exactly. People who truly care about each other don't forget those big days.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,264,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
The only thing I can come up with is the person forgetting does not care. Birthdays, etc. mean nothing anymore to more and more people it seems. If recently told it goes in one ear and right out the other. I can't relate but whatever.
This. I have trouble remembering birthdays because honestly I don't care. Don't take it personally as it doesn't mean I don't care about YOU just that I have never attached much significance to a birthday. Mine included. I forgot my own once. I have a smartphone but I don't plug in birthdays. If I notice it's your birthday (probably on Facebook) I will wish you a happy birthday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships