Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 03:32 PM

10,120 posts, read 7,781,735 times

Advertisements

Why do people do the duck lips? Is it supposed to make one look kissable to be so puckered up? lol

And what is with the gangster hand signals or double peace signs? Is it supposed to make one look tough and macho?

So people would find this girl both kissable and tough?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 03:40 PM

238 posts, read 315,860 times
It's just a trend. Along with the selfies in the bathroom, in your car, or with your dog. Back in the 60s there was a similar pose struck in pictures with the "Peace" sign.

I guess people do it because they think they look cute; I've done it myself but more so as a joke, and I'm sure others do it because of that reason as well.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:44 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
I don't do nor will I ever - but I think it's funny. A woman can get away with it - IF SHE IS CUTE.

A guy .. not so much.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Me neither!

Old 11-13-2014, 04:35 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,126,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliefrijole71 View Post
Along with the selfies in the bathroom
^^This is what I don't understand.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:43 PM

677 posts, read 673,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Why do people do the duck lips? Is it supposed to make one look kissable to be so puckered up? lol

And what is with the gangster hand signals or double peace signs? Is it supposed to make one look tough and macho?

So people would find this girl both kissable and tough?
You answered your own questions ... not to mention, they mostly do it to hide their own insecurities.
They wish they had fuller lips and a thinner face.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:49 PM

632 posts, read 749,493 times
I can laugh at the duck lips and its pretty obvious tha most people look beyond awkward when making gang signs. What I cant figure out is why the bathroom selfies are so much the current rage. I'm proably old fashioned, or just getting old, but seeing you try to look sexy while taking a crap or peeing is simply disgusting. I'd dump any woman if I found they had intentionally taken a selfie on the sh*tter. Cheap, debasing, trashy, vulgar and self demeaning.... but hardly sexy.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:53 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
I don't get it either. The duck face expression is so overused and it looks dumb to boot. Gang sings should probably be left to gangsters.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:54 PM

10,120 posts, read 7,781,735 times
I guess I wouldn't want to make duck lips as I'd think it would attract men looking for sex. I'd rather attract nice good men that wouldn't just see me as a sex object but for much more. Maybe I could hold college books in my hand to also show how smart I am. I'm more than just sexy kissable lips and sucked in cheeks.

What girl would want men attracted to you just for your duck lips? lol I just don't find that sexy. Women are much more. Maybe some men would find a woman more attractive that does volunteer work, educates herself, has a good job, is a good person, etc.

Maybe the duck lips and hand signals are more for the younger teen crowd. They must think it makes them more attractive or 'cool'.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 11-13-2014 at 05:08 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 05:54 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,773,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I guess I wouldn't want to make duck lips as I'd think it would attract men looking for sex. I'd rather attract nice good men that wouldn't just see me as a sex object but for much more. Maybe I could hold college books in my hand to also show how smart I am. I'm more than just sexy kissable lips and sucked in cheeks.

What girl would want men attracted to you just for your duck lips? lol I just don't find that sexy. Women are much more. Maybe some men would find a woman more attractive that does volunteer work, educates herself, has a good job, is a good person, etc.

Maybe the duck lips and hand signals are more for the younger teen crowd. They must think it makes them more attractive or 'cool'.

WHOA!!!!! That last picture.....

The picture reminds me of a ...a....lamprey!
http://holykaw.alltop.com/wp-content...amprey_770.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/23...b251115a19.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships