Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 12:35 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Yes I really miss her on here. She was giving me info on places in Canada. Then all pipelines cut. Not here, phone does not work, email does not work. From somethings she told me in private I'm worried.
Same here Nomad. I know what you're referring to. Taigagirl was a great city-data poster, and her manner of leaving c-d was strange.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:29 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,587,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Three of my faves. I didn't know gymrat. But Taigagirl, Gue, and GLoryB were great.

I went through my list of friends/contacts and 12 of them haven't been on for over a year. A few have been off since 2009 thru 2011.
Yep, me too - plus TTDave, NMS, NJSocks, recently Dbl-r and others from way back. Sigh.

I was away intermittently for quite a while, including about a two year stretch. Now been back since the beginning of the year - just not as prolifically as before So, who knows, some of them might trickle back too - hope so!

Old 07-11-2016, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Yep, me too - plus TTDave, NMS, NJSocks, recently Dbl-r and others from way back. Sigh.

I was away intermittently for quite a while, including about a two year stretch. Now been back since the beginning of the year - just not as prolifically as before So, who knows, some of them might trickle back too - hope so!
Glad you came back toosie........ I'm here for the duration, or until I get banned....... Where else can I learn what Americans are concerned about, and what makes them happy? I've been fascinated by America since I was a kid, and through c-d, I get to talk to them!......

Now, there's a few who wished I wasn't here to talk to them, but they're gone, and I'm not.......

Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
You mean .... they use to have contests for Miss City-Data???
Yes, but the tap dancers complained about the talent competition being too difficult to do online.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:20 AM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Glad you came back toosie........ I'm here for the duration, or until I get banned....... Where else can I learn what Americans are concerned about, and what makes them happy? I've been fascinated by America since I was a kid, and through c-d, I get to talk to them!......

Now, there's a few who wished I wasn't here to talk to them, but they're gone, and I'm not.......
I wanted to say something nice to you the day of Brexit when you were posting to the Political forum but I turned off my DM capability a few months earlier because I felt someone was harassing me (not in a threatening type of way, just DM'ing me a little too much).

Unrelated to the above, some people may have stopped posting regularly because the topic of the forum was no longer relevant or as relevant to them anymore. For example, if you posted a lot in a state forum before you moved and right after you moved, 5 years later, it may not be as interesting to you anymore to see the same questions repeatedly as new people are thinking about their move to the state.

In the Elections forum, a whole lot of people will disappear after November.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I wanted to say something nice to you the day of Brexit when you were posting to the Political forum but I turned off my DM capability a few months earlier because I felt someone was harassing me (not in a threatening type of way, just DM'ing me a little too much).

Unrelated to the above, some people may have stopped posting regularly because the topic of the forum was no longer relevant or as relevant to them anymore. For example, if you posted a lot in a state forum before you moved and right after you moved, 5 years later, it may not be as interesting to you anymore to see the same questions repeatedly as new people are thinking about their move to the state.

In the Elections forum, a whole lot of people will disappear after November.
Hi Laura...... I remember telling you a long time ago, I love your name...... As I said, back then, if I would have been blessed with a daughter, Laura would have been her name. Many years ago, way back in the 40s, there was a film called 'Laura.' I think seeing that when I was a kid, put the name in my long term memory....

Oh yes, I was lashing out in Politics, and in the UK thread during Brexit. My wounds are slowly healing.....

I agree, once your election is over in November, many will disappear from the Election Forum. There are some strange people there for sure. But, that is the great thing about city-data..... it attracts all kinds. The mods ensure a reasonable level of decorum is maintained. I must admit, a few threads have been locked after I have joined the fray. But, I try to keep humour in my posts, and try and mask my sarcasm in a very English manner. We are very good at it here. Sometimes we insult, and it's only the day after the victim realizes it........

Old 07-11-2016, 06:55 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Same here Nomad. I know what you're referring to. Taigagirl was a great city-data poster, and her manner of leaving c-d was strange.
I miss her too. We would PM quite a bit. In her last message she told me she would talk to me again the first part of the next week. Then nothing. I've often wondered if she's ok. She was a wonderful person!!! I hope she is just very busy and happy!

Old 07-11-2016, 07:29 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
I still think about some of the Okie regulars like Goodpasture and Karibear. I wonder if some changed their username?

English Dave, I learned more from your posts than I ever did trying to read the BBC website on Brexit. I never knew what a Tory was, and probably still don't know. You done good for yourself on the Brexit threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post

I especially missed you and your bookend, Tookie. I loved you two. Give her a big hug from me and Felix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Yes, but the tap dancers complained about the talent competition being too difficult to do online.
LOL. Good one, LauraC.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:

English Dave, I learned more from your posts than I ever did trying to read the BBC website on Brexit. I never knew what a Tory was, and probably still don't know. You done good for yourself on the Brexit threads.
Hiya red...... Yeah, I fought my corner on Brexit..... still am....... Today, the new, just waiting to be anointed Prime Minister, Theresa May, said, "Brexit, means Brexit, and it will be a success." I argued till I was blue in the face against folks saying, 'there will be a second vote.'

I knew there wouldn't be another vote. I had my pitchfork and flaming torch ready though..... just in case........

Old 07-11-2016, 05:21 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,587,954 times
Quote:
I still think about some of the Okie regulars like Goodpasture and Karibear. I wonder if some changed their username?

I especially missed you and your bookend, Tookie. I loved you two. Give her a big hug from me and Felix.
I remember you introducing me to them way back when - you were already lamenting changes at the okie forum. Ya I've known a few ppl to come out to me about a name change.

Ohhhhhh my sweet bird. I missed you too! And before Tookie there was IOPbaby - such fun times. I'm chuckling now remembering some of the frantic antics when you, George, IOP or Tookie and I would get going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships