Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:52 PM

525 posts, read 816,453 times

Advertisements

SHORT VERSION OF MY STORY:

I decided to set up my own profile on match.com where "I seek women", make more money that either of them, where I would put pictures of me pretending to have a nice Corvette car, surfing, with location of residence in a nice beach town. Then I would after a month or so, logged in and look at their profiles. Match.com would show them that I looked at their profile and in turn they would look at mine. This would show that despite them having had oppressed me in past, my life turned out to be better than theirs, I don't live in Iowa or cold Minnesota and found myself nice home.

LONG VERSION OF MY STORY:

I used to know 2 guys who were my best friends but they are no longer my friends and I know they were involved in malicious rumors about me. I came here as immigrant to Chicago from Europe, I never had a chance to spend time with my dad until I got 17 because he was in America getting papers in order before rest of my family came. Once I got to know him, he turned out to be not type who likes to go fishing, or go somewhere for weekend, but just work and watch TV or sleep on weekend. He never wanted to go anywhere. My parents also only got low paid jobs so it was hard to afford peace of mind life through high school until I got in college. When I thought my life was gonna turn better and make more friends, then these 2 guys I befriended fell out in relationship and poisoned other relationships I had in college. One of them told his friends that were also my friends in classes that I am gay. This put me in awkward situation of dealing with passive ostracism. For ex, I could not involve a Computer Science friend in hobby after school, he denied Facebook friend request and treated me weird because he knew from them I am gay. After few more repeated incidents like these I confronted one of my ex-friends and I admitted I am gay and came out. Then these made things only worse. I got because of that depressed, I was on meds, seeing psychologists and thinking about killing myself. I spent weekend lonely, ostracized and broke as college student too. Somehow I managed to keep on studying, graduating from college and got my first job and later better second job in an area. Later I met a great friend from college who is still my friend but he knows some older brother of the younger one who is friends with my enemies. I don't think he is close friend of him though, I just know they are from Facebook and went together to high school.

Those 2 guys who were cruel, joined a fraternity and later after they graduated they got really good and higher paying job than mine through connections, one of them got through his dad. One lives now in Minneapolis and other in Cedar Rapids. I recently found, they have match.com profile and they still don't have girlfriends and are looking for them, even though they should not have had trouble finding in college. They have always looked better, healthier and never had any second language language barriers that I frequently encountered due to my accent like "where you from".

This sound crazy but I decided to get a little revenge on them for giving me grief due to their prejudiced attitude. I myself moved in California where I found job after losing my last in Chicago and found people less judgmental that Midwestern folks. The current job I got has low pay because I had none previously when I got offer. I have no time to meet new friends and socialize because my job requires me to train myself for job on weekends at home and have tight deadlines. I also work odd shifts so I have no chance to be free on weekends, except on my days off to go to beach or somewhere else to relax.

I decided to set up my own profile on match.com where "I seek women", make more money that either of them, where I would put pictures of me pretending to have a nice Corvette car, surfing, with location of residence in a nice beach town. Then I would after a month or so, logged in and look at their profiles. Match.com would show them that I looked at their profile and in turn they would look at mine. This would show that despite them having had oppressed me in past, my life turned out to be better than theirs, I don't live in Iowa or cold Minnesota and found myself nice home.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:59 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,407,834 times
Why not forget about them and move on? It seems like an awful lot of effort for nothing. I just don't see much of a reward in your plan.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:01 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,220,706 times
That sounds silly. They may not care about you much. They may have forgotten you already. I think you care about that more than they do about you.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:06 PM

I still find it psychologically rewarding: they make 50-75, and other 75-100k each, I make 125k-150k, much more than either of them and live in better location. Envy them for 10-30 minutes of my time. That does not sound like too much effort.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
Actually, they will not look at your profile. They will assume you, the gay man they were uncomfortable around, is cruising them.

Now try and imagine all the other things that could go wrong with your bizarre and convoluted plan.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Actually, they will not look at your profile. They will assume you, the gay man they were uncomfortable around, is cruising them.

Now try and imagine all the other things that could go wrong with your bizarre and convoluted plan.
They will. One of them looked at my LinkedIn profile. What could go wrong? Are they gonna send ninjas to attack me where I live? LOL

Old 01-05-2015, 10:18 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,950,949 times
No one cares about your "success". They probably don't remember your name.

It's kind of sad you haven't moved on to be honest. like someone above said, they will just think you are gay.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
No one cares about your "success". They probably don't remember your name.

It's kind of sad you haven't moved on to be honest. like someone above said, they will just think you are gay.
Whether they believe or not, they will still think I make more money than them. Perhaps I should fake I have a girlfriend, but then match.com isn't made for polygamous encounters.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,750,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242 View Post
They will. One of them looked at my LinkedIn profile. What could go wrong? Are they gonna send ninjas to attack me where I live? LOL
What could go wrong? You could be exposed as a liar and fake. In fact you will be. You are so clueless. You can't even see the significance of one of them having previously looked at your Linkedin profile. DUH.

What could go wrong? Hm. You could be a laughingstock and fodder for gossip.

Ninjas. good god. Grow up.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What could go wrong? You could be exposed as a liar and fake. In fact you will be. You are so clueless. You can't even see the significance of one of them having previously looked at your Linkedin profile. DUH.

What could go wrong? Hm. You could be a laughingstock and fodder for gossip.

Ninjas. good god. Grow up.
How? They cut all of the contact with me and no longer have contact with their friends! They have no connections in California. They can't verify how much I make. Ninja reference was just a joke :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships