Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:44 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

love the quotes, history, recipes, just everything people post....
hooking up with people I haven't seen in a while, their family vacation photos, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 10:15 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Sorry, there is no such thing as an interesting post on Facebook.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
News links (friends), community updates (by local organizations), memes (DudePerfect for the win even though they're not a "friend") and Mike Rowe has really well written, funny posts.

Otherwise I feel like 95% of FB users abuse it.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
I am not on Facebook, so am limited to viewing only "open" accounts. I follow several NGOs/charities which focus on international special needs adoption and service to orphans in other countries, such as Reece's Rainbow and Bible Orphan Ministry, as these are causes dear to my heart for family reasons.

Currently, a classmate is heavily pressuring me to join FB so I can be part of a high school alum group that has a closed account. Sorry, not interested, and pressure isn't going to change my mind. Email, phone calls, personal visits and old fashioned snail-mail work just fine for the degree of contact I want, and I waste far too much time online anyway, and can only imagine how bad that would be likely to become if I were on Facebook as well!

Old 01-23-2015, 06:04 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I am late to the FB party. But I joined to keep up with friends, and those are the posts I enjoy the most. I think I've posted elsewhere that I don't need to see tens of mediocre pics of any one event, but I do like a good pic of a good friend.

I don't care about most funny videos, although some are better than others. And I hate sappy sentimental stuff. And I don't like have someone's politics shoved in my face. Just give me pics of my friends, and news.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:37 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,237,303 times
I enjoy posts and pictures of vacations and trips. I also have a few friends who post interesting news articles. My least favorite posts are the ones always complaining about their job/how busy they are at work. I also have a friend who only posts quotes from a particular leadership guru....it gets so old that I've hidden his posts.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:14 PM

24 posts, read 98,564 times
I enjoy on Facebook.... Photography journeys (people who have photography as a hobby or business) and their myriad of photos, quotes, kids. I don't enjoy seeing women fighting over a loser and vice versa.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:32 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,732 times
Those are all great reasons to remain on FB. I had it for a while and then deleted it and then started a new one since my brother got married to show pictures.
I've grown tired of most posts but I like family photos on vacation, information from the groups I've joined and those cute kitty photos!
I love posts that are about current topics a lot and realize these friends have some substance. I do not like Fish lips and risque photos. Nothing screams **** louder than seeing butt and chest.
I like Kerry Shook's and Joel Osteen's messages too.
Thanks for sharing guys and gals!

Old 01-23-2015, 08:36 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,330,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don't care about most funny videos, although some are better than others.
That's because most videos aren't funny. I have friends who have earned my credibility, so when they share a video and say it's funny, it really is. But the vast majority post something saying it's "Hilarious!!" and I waste 2 minutes of my life finding out it was only mildly amusing.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:19 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,349,927 times
I'm brand new to FB & only joined as I left SoCal in Oct & some L.A. friends wanted to stay in touch.

What I do appreciate is good writing, no matter the subject & that just tends to be those who are involved with fashion, music, art or are writers... all people I know in real life or people they know. When someone has a personal, concise or humorous story, I'm all ears. Anything about celebs, agenda pushing, politics or 'cute' animal/kid videos (a parent is the only one who thinks his/her spaghetti smeared kid is adorable or that their scruffy mop-with-legs pooch running in a circle is cuter than bleedin' candy... yikes!) are by far, my least faves.

I like to read an inspiring, different, amusing or interesting slice of someone's life & matching pics are great, too. Just be yourself & it's fine... I then feel as if I'm there, getting to see someone during a bit of time during their day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships