Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 04:01 AM

6,474 posts, read 9,857,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So "I'm Retired Now" is no longer retired? Well congratulations on having finally found employment and hope this position lasts a while and you're able to settle down and work peacefully with both coworkers and management.

You do seem to have been continuously surrounded by very negative circumstances and people for so very long, none of which have been your fault. All the nasty people seem to gravitate towards you solely to make your life miserable, from the terrible employers to the horribly dysfunctional family members who ignore you when they're not asking for money. Over a lifetime we all have met "bad" people but dwelling on it/them and reliving the misery over and over again achieves nothing and is counterproductive. The previous poster got it right, viz, "Too much energy expenditure."

I cant rep you yet for this one but I will keep trying! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 10:14 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,498,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So "I'm Retired Now" is no longer retired? Well congratulations on having finally found employment and hope this position lasts a while and you're able to settle down and work peacefully with both coworkers and management.

You do seem to have been continuously surrounded by very negative circumstances and people for so very long, none of which have been your fault. All the nasty people seem to gravitate towards you solely to make your life miserable, from the terrible employers to the horribly dysfunctional family members who ignore you when they're not asking for money. Over a lifetime we all have met "bad" people but dwelling on it/them and reliving the misery over and over again achieves nothing and is counterproductive. The previous poster got it right, viz, "Too much energy expenditure."
Some of the alternate personas have always been working.

In so far as the latter, if someone has issues with just about everyone, I think that's a good clue that there's a problem that doesn't have to do with the other people.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-06-2015 at 10:49 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 10:35 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,834,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Some of the alternate personas have always been working.
When one leads a Walter Mitty existence, the reality is always there despite the layers of guise!

Old 02-07-2015, 11:32 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,833,133 times
I've learned how to eliminate the rectums and crazies a long time ago. I'm very particular about who visits my heart these days and I only have good people in my life. My life moves very fast and I don't have time to deal with anything but the bottom line. Anything else is a just to frustrating for me. There's a real toxic rectum at work and she is kept at arms length all the time unless I have to interact with her professionally. I'll never understand that mentality. I had a stalker friend once that went over the deep end. It took a couple of years to get her out of my life. I have another close friend that went over the deep end as well. We are not enemies and deep down I still care about her but she gives me far more grief then joy. She has to stay at arms length for now. I'm open to change with her if she improves. It's a delicate balance with people. They change direction all the time. I can't say I've had anyone really evil in my life, but there are a lot of screwed up people out there.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:13 AM

6,474 posts, read 9,857,840 times
He is no longer a member lol

Old 02-09-2015, 07:20 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,834,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
He is no longer a member lol
Every time he's "outed" he does the same thing. New name will come along soon enough!

Old 02-09-2015, 02:12 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,846,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Point View Post

What is your experience with people? Have you had basically good experience with your fellow man (and women) or has their been just enough psychopaths that your life really suffered? Tell us your story!
Oh yes. I grew up in a close-knit, joint family with a lot of colorful personalities. Most behavior was acceptable but there were 2 cousins of mine whose parents had almost broken up but decided to stay together for the kids. The mother was always out of the home & the father hardly cared about his family & stayed at his job a lot. The sisters grew up with mostly aunts, uncles around them who loved them enough but not as much as their parents. They grew up into drama queens, always seeking attention. They would do favors to feel needed. But in return they would completely try to dominate that person. They often got into fights with others & wanted the people who owed them for favors, not to have any contact with their new enemies but they would end up making amends, leaving their 'followers' out in the cold. They had terrible marriages because they tried to dominate their spouse the same way but the men set them straight. I left that home (in India) as soon as I could & its amusing to watch them play the same politics on others. They no longer have any hold on me though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships