Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:22 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,888,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Frankly, I could not. I know we're not supposed to be judgmental,
I will never understand how this became a thing.

I have values and they are unshakable and intrinsic to who I am. You do too, so don't apologize for it.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:27 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
God, NO.
I would not, under any circumstances, ever, be friends with a known child molester. People who harm children are awful. I could find no redeeming qualities whatsoever. That heinous act would overshadow everything else.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,764,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
.... I know we're not supposed to be judgmental, ...
People are judgmental all the time about a variety of things.

We make a judgment whether or not to wear a jacket.
We make a judgment whether or not to accept a date.
We make a judgment whether or not to say yes...or no.

We make judgments about the types of people we wish to spend time with. And about those we do NOT wish to spend time with.

I would not spend any time with any type of criminal.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:47 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
If I had reason to believe that he truly was a child molester, I would cut ties. But sadly, accusations aren't always accurate. I dated a man whose wife had accused him during an extremely nasty divorce. I firmly believe she made it up as a way to try to get sole custody while leaving him responsible for high child support payments. The judge didn't believe it either as he was awarded joint custody, which also contributed to my willingness to accept his version of events.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:10 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
I left law enforcement and the streets and entered the field of forensic mental health where issues I dealt with included sexually violent predators and mentally disordered sex offenders, among others. Reading those files was nothing short of sickening and I had employees leave because they just couldn't stomach it. In response to the original question, I would not become or remain the friend of a child molester.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
I'd be pen pals to them in jail...they don't do well in the prison community.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:34 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,499,932 times
What type of POS would remain friends with that type of human garbage? I think they should all be tortured and killed. There is nothing more vile and disgusting than a child molester. I just hope they die a painful death and go straight to hell where they will burn for eternity.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:37 PM

176 posts, read 180,805 times
Probably not.. though it saddens me to admit that. If they have been convicted and served their time.. then technically they have paid their dues in the laws eyes and should have also in the public's eyes. As a parent with two small kids though... I couldn't justify possibly putting them in that risk.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 PM

25,942 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farscapesg01 View Post
Probably not.. though it saddens me to admit that. If they have been convicted and served their time.. then technically they have paid their dues in the laws eyes and should have also in the public's eyes. As a parent with two small kids though... I couldn't justify possibly putting them in that risk.
I am guessing you don't realize how sick these people are and that many are beyond help. Why do you think they put them on a register if they feel that they are safe? They even have a system for ranking them according to their likelihood to do again and again.

I had the misfortune to see files of two different child molesters. They sat next to my desk as I did paperwork for them. All I could think about was the filth that they were. They were so arrogant like they had nothing to be ashamed of. One was even excited about going back home to his wife and that sicko had molested his own children. The other had a wife that was a lookout when he was molesting little girls on the playground. Both were on there way back to access to children.

I would never have a friendship with a child molester and would make sure that everyone I knew also knew so that they could provide protection for their loved ones.

Editing to say the old molester that molested his own children was rated at the highest risk of reoffending. Had he been my husband, he wouldn't be coming home and they never would have had to lock him up in the first place.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:25 PM

465 posts, read 613,478 times
You will be judged. Human nature. I would cut ties with someone who is friends with a molester. I have kids. I would not risk it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships