Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:51 AM

11,180 posts, read 9,803,279 times

Advertisements

In CA you must give a tenant 30 days notice, even if he is not on the lease. Give him a 30 day notice sign it and keep a copy for yourself. You do not have to give a reason at all. If he fails to leave after that, you will have to start legal eviction process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 08:35 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,819,075 times
I agree that you have to give him a 30 day notice. Once you accept money from a tenant without a lease it becomes a verbal agreement. One of my tenants rented my property to his brother and moved out. While we had no lease I did accept a check from him which in tern gave him tenants rights. I agree that the girlfriend should be banned from the property. If she shows up after you tell her that she is no longer allowed there call the police. I'm sure your room mate will be more willing to hit the road if he can't have his girlfriend there.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:29 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,629,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
ban the girlfriend straight away, she came in later so is not part of the renting agreement(I don't suppose she is contributing to the rent or bills?) if he dosent like it tell him he is free to leave.
Absolutely, she doesn't live there, she is just an occasional visitor. Once she is banned he will leave.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:37 PM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 538,019 times
I am going to sit them down and tell them when I'm home

Old 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,316,759 times
Before you have the talk watch this video clip to get in the right frame of mind.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZVW5o92ps

The talk will go much smoother this way .

Old 04-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Before you have the talk watch this video clip to get in the right frame of mind.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZVW5o92ps

The talk will go much smoother this way .
Thank you for that. I love the Sopranos.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:24 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,137,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSanDimas View Post
I was hoping that since there is no paper trail at all and everything was done via handshake agreement that I could just kick him out. Or take a day and pack all his stuff up (nicely of course, unlikn them I try and be decent and would never damage/steal someone's things) and drop it off at his work while he is at work after I change the locks. I don't know how he could prove that he resided there and wasn't just a guest.

I think this sounds great!! LOL!!

Seriously, she is breaking into the home by disabling the alarm system.

Start the eviction process ASAP.

Also, does your school have a law school? If so, go talk to one of the professors about this.

If they get crazy again towards you, call the police immediately.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:37 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,247,154 times
45 minute showers? I thought you folks in California are having a water shortage. LOL.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
45 minute showers? I thought you folks in California are having a water shortage. LOL.
We are! A very bad one. I'm big on conserving water because this state is legit about to dry up (I take 5 minute shows and brush my teeth in the shower, let it mellow when it's yellow in the toilet etc.) but she will down 45 minutes in there singing Selena songs on the top of her lungs, clog our drain with her leg and (what looks like) pube shavings...ugh

Old 04-01-2015, 07:18 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,242,166 times
Quote:

So, what should I do? This is getting to the point of insanity and I feel so uncomfortable in my own home and the fact that she keeps us all up at night (half from noise and half from fear/apprehension that she is going to do something crazy/stupid while we are asleep like invite her trash friends over or try and take my car which is something she had tried.)

She doesn't live there. Ban her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships