Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:57 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine asked my help in relocating a relative of theirs; this relative was a witness to a murder. Yes, the relative was instrumental in information and the killer is now behind bars. So we took this witness/relative to an undisclosed location in another state (O.K.'d by the authorities, of course) but this person is still shook up, which can be understood. Doubtful (very doubtful) that there will be anything hinting on retribution, as no one but three people (my friend, myself, and another relative) know where this person is, and the killer was just a two-bit punk. How can we get this person to calm down, assure them that they are safe where they are? BTW, the individual with whom this person is staying is a retired cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
This is one of those instances where the counsel of a trained professional is necessary. You are not equipped to emotionally and mentally stabilize the person so I implore that you guys connect the person with someone that rehabs people like s/he for a living.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:04 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
If this person is in danger then it may not be a good idea to post about this on a public website. Maybe I watch too many crime shows on tv but it seems like a bad idea.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
If this person is in danger then it may not be a good idea to post about this on a public website. Maybe I watch too many crime shows on tv but it seems like a bad idea.
I share your opinion but I also keep in mind the high ratio of murders in any city/town on any given day. This is just one of thousands; consider the odds of singling out one of thousands that happened in the past. Also, the city/town/name or even gender was never mentioned - could be Anytown, U.S.A.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:27 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
this person need some one on one counseling really they do and it will help . Seek out a therapist .

Old 04-20-2015, 11:53 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
Find a therapist. They are professionally trained to deal with such trauma cases & calm them. Other than that, being there for emotional support is the best you can do.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:03 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
A friend of mine asked my help in relocating a relative of theirs; this relative was a witness to a murder. Yes, the relative was instrumental in information and the killer is now behind bars. So we took this witness/relative to an undisclosed location in another state (O.K.'d by the authorities, of course) but this person is still shook up, which can be understood. Doubtful (very doubtful) that there will be anything hinting on retribution, as no one but three people (my friend, myself, and another relative) know where this person is, and the killer was just a two-bit punk. How can we get this person to calm down, assure them that they are safe where they are? BTW, the individual with whom this person is staying is a retired cop.
They have every reason to be scared if the witness protection agency wasn't involved. If that person was the ONLY person to know where he was, it would be one thing. But three other people know about it; it will get out. Oh wait, here it is.

Great friend you are. Thanks, Genius.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
They have every reason to be scared if the witness protection agency wasn't involved. If that person was the ONLY person to know where he was, it would be one thing. But three other people know about it; it will get out. Oh wait, here it is.

Great friend you are. Thanks, Genius.
Did I say anything about witness protection? Did I say anything about location? Refer to my last post, "Genius"!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Did I say anything about witness protection? Did I say anything about location? Refer to my last post, "Genius"!
I did read your last post. I am saying that unless your "friend" is in witness protection, they have every right to be scared because other people know where they are.

I don't care how little you think this event was. Gangs perform retribution all the time. A guy came down to little ole Macon GA last year and killed a witness to his brother's murder in NYC that put his brother away. You might want to delete this whole thread, if he really is your friend.

Last edited by convextech; 04-20-2015 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM

1,188 posts, read 1,465,707 times
Your friend may already be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships