Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 03:41 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,752,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenretrievermom View Post
OP here. Mom friends would be nice to socialize with during the week when I'm trying to entertain the kids (often we just do things ourselves, like going to the park or mall, etc. and it would be nice to have company). Sometimes we go to organized mom group activities, and we do a weekly swim class as well. On the weekends I often have the kids with me as well, so mom friends to socialize with at the park or whatever would be nice. I find that on the weekends, my stay at home mom friends aren't interested in getting together, and my working mom friends are usually busy with errands and catching up from the week. So it's hard to find anyone who wants to get together on the weekends. My husband works some weekends and on those weekends it can be especially lonely for me.

But I also love to go to ladies night out type of events, and haven't been able to find any other moms to go out with. I have started to try to make friends outside of moms, but that's hard too because I have limited time for hobbies right now (maybe that will change when my kids are in school).

Making friends as an adult is hard. I feel like most people just aren't looking for real friendships, and are satisfied with just being acquaintances. I, on the other hand, am looking for good friends and even a best friend (I'd love to have a best female friend). I haven't had a best friend in years.

Well to be honest, it doesn't really sound like you want to make real friends either. This is what you said in your first post "I have made a few mom friends but not many, and I need more friends."

Why not concentrate on 1 or 2 other moms and form a real bond? If that's what you want, but it doesn't sound like it, it looks more like the more "friends" I have, the more popular I will be.

In reality, you only really have a couple of real friends, and many acquaintances.

If you want real friendship than quit trying to add more people to your collection, and focus on one or two.

You need to figure out if you want one or two real friends, or lots of moms to do stuff with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships