Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys (or women) would you still stay with a woman that bullied your sister or other dear female memb
No, she would get dumped as soon as I see the video 11 100.00%
I would have to think about it but maybe not 0 0%
I would still stay with her 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:58 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,171,965 times

Advertisements

Not only did it but clearly had no regret at all until she got caught. In the movie, a video was shown during a dinner rehearsal of the guy's fiancee clearly harassing his dear sister (not once but many times during her entire HS years all the way till she's 18).

Harassing video of his fiancee picking on his sister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5aHVY6DekI

His fiancee telling the woman to get over it by saying ''that was HS'' when the woman demands an apology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcqN_g_NhU

His fiancee getting caught by him throwing guacamole slime on his sister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbS1RRkMaG4

Guys (women can join in too), if your gf or fiancee was the ringleader just like on the video and did this to your sister or a female member you care about and love (and you even walked in on her throwing green slime at your sister and laughing, by then both of them are in their mid-late 20's), would you still be in the relationship with her or yet still marry her?

Spoiler...he still married her in the end.

Last edited by Laychick; 07-03-2015 at 12:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 07:26 AM

1,019 posts, read 1,048,738 times
I know I have grown as a person since high school, and I'd like to think my fiance did too. If they were apologetic about their past, then yes, I'd go forward with the wedding.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 AM

15,898 posts, read 21,523,970 times
Um, why stop at a relative? If I found out someone I was involved with had bullied others during high school, I would have serious conversation with him. It would be quite likely that the relationship would not continue.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:20 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,366,849 times
No. I wouldn't be with someone who I found out bullied anyone at all--no matter if it was years ago.

I was bullied in school myself. Also, I stuck up for other people getting bullied. The reasons I was bullied that I know of is because (as mentioned in previous post) I mispronounced words and had a very unique accent, I was not very developed like some of my other friends and I was way too nice--seriously. We had mean kids where I grew up--I mean really mean and some of them were always picking on others, pushing, shoving, beating who were considered the not very popular ones. These bullies were getting expelled right and left. They were mainly the boys. Now the girls were not a lot better--I had ones who were tall and gawky and they were jealous of me because quite a few boys liked me and I did have quite a few friends (although not in the cheerleading section-Ha!). Anyway, these girls just wanted to beat the he** out of me for merely existing. I talked my way out of it and even stood up for the overweight and less popular girls in school.

I cannot tolerate bullying. It is up to the parents to raise kids to have respect and tolerance for other people. When the parent bullies their own kids, it sure doesn't give the kid much to learn from when they have losers as parents. I do think the schools should have stiffer penalties for bullying. It has gotten so much worse over the years and there is not a lot of hope for kids in the future.

Old 07-04-2015, 03:07 PM

26,709 posts, read 41,868,111 times
I was bullied relentlessly during school. I to this day have not been on the grounds of my old HS in Southern VA since I left that school. I would not end a relationship with said person who bullied others, provided that they changed their ways, owned what they did and were remorseful for it. In the 9 years since I graduated from school, I have had a lot of stuff that has changed the way I think including losing my father and having a couple of friends die suddenly. I think and would hope 9 years of life is enough time for a HS bully to pull their head out of their a&# and change.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:29 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,171,965 times
Rosebyanothername and The Dissenter, sorry to hear what you both went through. I understand that feeling of your classmates not liking you and always have to go to school feeling horrible about yourself and that you don't belong all because of mean kids.

I was also socially bullied from grades 4th to 7th (not too much in 8th grade but it was till annoying dealing with snobs). For me the worst school year ever was 7th grade and that was because I got laughed by the whole science class that one time and then again ridiculed in math class. Luckily nothing like that in HS but damn junior high was my worst nightmare.

I think that it can be more forgiving if the bully was a kid all the way to maybe age 14 or within the first year of HS but for someone to still bullying when they're 18 (like that video shows), that's really already an adult to me. That's not a ''stupid kid'' as that woman tries to excuse it. Bullies sucks. They'll never know what's it like being picked on every day. I hated the ending of the movie. It's like telling all of us that have been bullied that a bully can get away with still being a bully even as an adult, never own up to it nor apologize until they're caught and get to marry their dream man/woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships