Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 05:37 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,250,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
How am I the bad person here?

Plus, if I'm correct, I only asked about four or five times since I've been buying from them, which is about three years.
Maybe that's normal but I haven't asked for something to be remade four or five times total in all the restaurants I've visited in over 50 years. If I don't like something I just don't order it again or I don't go back to that establishment. My feelings don't get hurt. Respectfully, you sound like a difficult customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 05:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post

You are not bad. You are stubborn.
That's putting it mildly.

Restaurants don't usually randomly offer to remake food. You had to have commented or made a face or indicated in some way those first times that you did not like them.

This is one of those social cues that is hard for you to get, OP. By doing it multiple times, you were taking advantage if them and costing them money.

AT the next smoothie place, try a combination off the menu board that has ingredients you like. Don't make up your own.

Or, like I said, make your own at home.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:07 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,588,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's putting it mildly.

Restaurants don't usually randomly offer to remake food. You had to have commented or made a face or indicated in some way those first times that you did not like them.

This is one of those social cues that is hard for you to get, OP. By doing it multiple times, you were taking advantage if them and costing them money.

AT the next smoothie place, try a combination off the menu board that has ingredients you like. Don't make up your own.

Or, like I said, make your own at home.

I normally don't send food back at a restaurant because I know that it is impolite. If I order it, I usually eat it, but they offered to remake these for me. They never said anything up to this point about it being a problem. That's what I find odd. They never said anything about it being a problem until recently. Were they really even throwing away the smoothie? Couldn't they put the ingredients back in a blender, add some sugar or cinnamon and then serve me the same thing? They can wash the blenders, can't they? How was I supposed to know they were throwing away the smoothie every time I requested it to be remade?

Old 12-06-2015, 06:23 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
Quote:
I normally don't send food back at a restaurant because I know that it is impolite. If I order it, I usually eat it, but they offered to remake these for me. They never said anything up to this point about it being a problem. That's what I find odd. They never said anything about it being a problem until recently. Were they really even throwing away the smoothie? Couldn't they put the ingredients back in a blender, add some sugar or cinnamon and then serve me the same thing? They can wash the blenders, can't they? How was I supposed to know they were throwing away the smoothie every time I requested it to be remade?
Now you know.

They can't put something you already drank out of back into the equipment. It's against health dept rules.

You cost them money, and they thought you were scamming them because of the inordinate number of times you did it.

Live and learn and move on.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:02 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,421,064 times
How much do you drink before you ask to have it remade? If it's more than a few sips then I think you're taking advantage. Why do you even go there if you have so many remakes? Most people would find another place more to their liking - that also seems a little fishy.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:04 AM

17,154 posts, read 12,991,817 times
Quote:
No it isn't. If the food tastes terrible, you need to send it back. For those who suggest that the cook will put something nasty in it, I take my chances, because he/she may have put something nasty in it the first time anyway. The food I send back most often is steaks. Restaurants seem to be in frequent disagreement about what constitutes a medium steak, and I often get it bloody rare. One the infrequent occasions I go to Starbucks, I occasionally ask them to add more flavor because they have weakened their coffee syrups and spices somewhat the past few years, IMO. I also usually ask them to fill my cup more because they do not fill it, and I don't want to pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee that is only 2/3 full. But none of these involve redoing the food; only cooking it more or adding something to the existing order.

And yes, they probably threw away the smoothie. Since you complained that it tasted too sweet/salty/bitter/whatever, it would be difficult for them to jack with the original smoothie and think that they will get it adjusted to your satisfaction, thus they would toss it and start over. And asking for it to be remade more than once does get frustrating for the shop.

BTW, why is this in Non-Romantic Relationships? It should be in Shopping and Consumer Products.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:11 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,250,466 times
They will be happy if you never step foot there again. So you had them remake your smoothie "4 or 5 times" which could easily be more than that, and you keep going back? Im surprised they havent asked you not to come back.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:25 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,421,766 times
You're being very unreasonable.

Your behavior is not typical at all.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:27 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,569,626 times
Agree with all posters who mentioned that you are most likely a difficult customer.
The manager probably said to herself the last time you did this, that she was going to tell you no.
The staff has alerted her to you, and she was told when you walked in that you were there-again.
How she did it is probably because this has been building up for 'some time,' as you put it.
I would never go there again, because she's not going to forget your face, and may even refuse you service.

I can't believe you think they would keep a smoothie that someone else had drank out of (backwash?)
Ugh.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:29 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,495,041 times
Quote:
There's nothing odd about this. Most food businesses will replace something if you don't like it for some reason, and will often offer to do so. They never said anything until now because it wasn't a problem until now. As others have told you, it is the frequency of your requests that has made it a problem! You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how businesses operate. Most want their customers to be pleased, but they can't replace their order every time they come in. Obviously the manager remembered your history, and while I agree she was rude and unprofessional, her responding that way is a clear indication that your requests had become too frequent. You're a problematic customer and she doesn't want you to return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships