Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM

11,831 posts, read 12,096,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I said most of days because of that one day I was late one day because my car broke down. The pictures of me parting were completely innocent that my dad wasn't even mad one bit and he is usually strict. I have never shared my personal life with these women, so I do not know how they can spread rumor about me, because none of them have a hint of truth to them.

It seems people in this thread can't accept the fact that being gossiping catty witch isn't confined to one demographic.
Yet here you are trying to confine it to one demographic, middle aged women.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,301,450 times
I think if all the older women you encounter everywhere hate you, then you have evaluate how you are treating them.

Not all older women hate all younger women. That's nonsense.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,712,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKathy View Post
I can't be the only who has noticed this animosity that a lot of middle aged women have towards younger women( specifically those in their teens and twenties.) To give you a little background on myself, my mother died of breast cancer when I was thirteen, and never saw much of her growing up since she was in out of mental health institutions all her life. I have grown up with my father who is a wonderful men, but I have always tried to seek out women around his age for friendship since I never saw much of my own mother. My father, like I said is wonderful but there were certain things I never talked to him about growing up that made me uncomfortable, I always felt if I had more female guidance growing up then I would have had easier time making it through middle school and high school.

However every middle aged women that I have tried to befriend or gotten to know on a personal level have all without exception hated me, or greatly disliked me. My middle aged coworkers hated me, my father's girlfriends have all hated me, my female teachers hated me, my ex bf's mother hated me, etc. It is stranger because elderly women specifically those over 75 seem to love me and are very maternal. Every time I tried to seek out maternal guidance for a middle aged women it has always ended badly. For instances I volunteered at a retirement home over the summer, and my coworkers were mostly middle aged women and they were awful! They spread lies about me, trashed me behind my back and always made rude /curt comments about my appearance. I literally bended over backwards to please these women so they would stop trashing me behind my back but it seemed no matter what I did I was always an example of what is wrong with my "generation." All my middle aged female teachers I had growing up use to make disparaging comments about how awful younger women are and how we are all bunch of spoiled rotten entitled brats and were generally emotionally abusive. I remember one time one of my teachers called me a **** in front of the whole class because I wore a top on hot day with spaghetti straps. Nearly all my dad's gfs have emotionally abused me and made me feel like an awful person about myself. All my boyfriends' mothers have hated me, honestly it seems as though women with sons are the worse, they all seem to have this delusional belief that no women especially younger women is good enough for their special snowflake son . I have had more women in this age group spread malicious lies about me, make disparaging comments about my appearance, and just in general treat me like garbage then women my own age!

So all I am asking is, why? I know I am not the only one who has experienced this because my female friends report the same thing. Do women become more socially conservative when they get older therefor look down on younger women because they think they are too liberal? When I worked at the retirement home I made many friends with women in their 70s and 80s who were absolute angels to me and very kind/maternal like my grandmothers. Why do women in their 40s-50s have such a false sense of moral superiority that they think they can trash younger women for not living up to their moral standards, since they were all such virginal innocent angels when they were younger . I am not exaggerating my situation, I get along great with women/men of all ages, race, and religions, its just middle aged women that I have never got along with and I can't seem to figure out why.
I'm sorry you lost your mom at such a young age, but something is not right here.

I can't believe schoolteachers(maybe one) but you said "teachers" as in plural would say these things. For one thing if they value their job, for another it just doesn't have the ring of truth to it.

You say your dad is wonderful and you sound close, but you never spoke up and said "you know Linda who you're dating is rude to me".

Something is not adding up here. People have all kinds of personalities, and that includes middle aged women, they range from very nice to b**ches from hell, it's not possible that you only meet the same types over and over again, in all these different scenarios.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:49 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,648,209 times
Clear as a bell to me. Younger women are more like friends. Elderly women don't care - and they weren't in any type of authority role over you.

Middle aged women are the authority figures - at the work place and as adults who know your father. They aren't going to put up with your baloney.

Your posts say you had photos taken of you partying - not lies. And that your co-workers were mad because you didn't show up or tell them you weren't going to show up. You also say that you're "usually" on time.

Which means, you have been caught acting like a sl*t, and you've been irresponsible at work. That tends to irritate people who are authority figures and/or co-workers.

It's not their ages. It's the fact that they are the authority roles in your life and you're irresponsible. And, since they aren't men, they aren't impressed by whatever you might do to get away with it with men.

Dad's gf was concerned about your behavior, so she talked about you to your dad. The others talk about how much you irritate them. And rightly so.

You're not special enough in any other way to cause the entire world of middle aged women to think that much about you.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:55 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,712,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think if all the older women you encounter everywhere hate you, then you have evaluate how you are treating them.

Not all older women hate all younger women. That's nonsense.
Exactly, wondering(sorry going to sound like Dr. Phil here) if the OP resents her own mother who was most likely middle aged when she died for not being there for her? She gives off a vibe/attitude to women of a certain age and isn't nice to them, they in turn aren't fond of her, and she makes it out to be all middle aged women hate her.

Because not all old ladies are as sweet as the OP makes them out to be.

So any middle aged woman she crosses paths with, she already resents them due to her mother.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:13 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,187,887 times
You didn't have anyone to model the female-female dynamic for you, and now you're unable to navigate it.

The methods you came up with as a child don't work anymore.

Your issues are above our pay grade.

Can you afford therapy?

Old 02-02-2016, 03:39 PM

10 posts, read 25,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Clear as a bell to me. Younger women are more like friends. Elderly women don't care - and they weren't in any type of authority role over you.

Middle aged women are the authority figures - at the work place and as adults who know your father. They aren't going to put up with your baloney.

Your posts say you had photos taken of you partying - not lies. And that your co-workers were mad because you didn't show up or tell them you weren't going to show up. You also say that you're "usually" on time.

Which means, you have been caught acting like a sl*t, and you've been irresponsible at work. That tends to irritate people who are authority figures and/or co-workers.

It's not their ages. It's the fact that they are the authority roles in your life and you're irresponsible. And, since they aren't men, they aren't impressed by whatever you might do to get away with it with men.

Dad's gf was concerned about your behavior, so she talked about you to your dad. The others talk about how much you irritate them. And rightly so.

You're not special enough in any other way to cause the entire world of middle aged women to think that much about you.
How many times do I have to repeat that everything they say about me are lies. I have never slept around, my father's ex gf was pathological liar who cheated on him and my coworkers have been nothing but miserable mean spirited harpies. This isn't about authority, this about engaging in petty, silly gossip that only middle school girls do. If they were so mature they would stop all this nonsense so we can move on but no they keep going at it. My coworkers have no authority over me, only my boss does and I have tried to talk to him about but he doesn't understand why we all can't get along . I tried to engage with them on a personal level but it doesn't work. They are catty beyond belief and it is getting tiresome and starting to take a toll on me. One my other coworkers is late at least once a week, but its only when I was late one time that they were annoyed even though I texted them .

This thread seems to fall into same cycle, everyone thinks that everything is my fault, these older women must have a good reason to hate me because we all know middle aged women never gossip or aren't catty .

Last edited by KathyKathy; 02-02-2016 at 03:55 PM..

Old 02-02-2016, 03:52 PM

10 posts, read 25,760 times
About my father and his gfs, the thing is my father is a bit of a loner. He seems to latch onto any decent looking female that gives him attention. I know my mother was a nightmare to be around, even my grandmother admits to that, so he easily gets whipped to put it lightly. He has actually agreed to stop dating because his string of gfs have all been nightmares.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:02 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,489,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
No dear, we don't bash your generation. I, and many other women in that middle age group spend lots of time with younger women. It's you.
OP seems to be absolutely oblivious to the fact that women our age often have daughters and nieces her age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

Oooh, SNAP! Nailed this one to the wall!

Old 02-02-2016, 04:03 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,489,282 times
My experience isn't the same as yours Kathy. Middle aged women don't treat me any better or worse than younger or older women. I think there is some issue with you or maybe just the select group of three women you are talking about... Four if you include your father's ex girlfriend.

Have I met middle aged women like you mention... Sure. But most aren't like that to me at all. All of the middle aged women I work with are kind and mentors to me in a way. One of them actually recommended me for the promotion I got. Put me at her level as far as the hierarchy goes.

And those women I met who are like the ones you mention, they are like that to everybody. Not just me. Did I have a teacher or two who seemed to hate me. Again sure. The worst was a man though.

If you really think it's not you, then it sounds like you are in a toxic work environment and your boss is blind to it. Start looking around for another job. I've worked in toxic places too... It's not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.