Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 04:39 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,200,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well, I adopt an "innocent until proven guilty" position on here; I don't doubt what people are telling me unless and until I'm given reason to. Call me crazy!
Would that not also apply to the SIL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You like some describing a DEEP ROOTED HATE for someone they they have hardly spoken to the entire time they've "known" each other, never had an argument with and admittedly refuses to give a chance?
Ya, when she didn't give any reason for her feelings, I was suspicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 06:20 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,554,553 times
I can't say I ever hated anyone in my life, but I have 3 sister in laws that I get along with fine. The forth one passed away a couple of years ago, and I disliked her, but didn't hate her.

She hurt my feelings a few times and humiliated my brother a few times in front of people. He loved her anyways, faults and all, so who am I to judge? I didn't have to live with/put up with her.

His twin brother once said to him " _____ is as ugly on the inside as she is on the outside" All of us siblings weren't too keen on her.

She had no class at all.
Even her cousin made fun of the way she used to yell at my brother when she was alive.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:46 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,970,508 times
Thankfully I like mine.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:27 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,573,905 times
My SIL is about to become my EX SIL. She's nice enough. But she can't stop spending money. She worked my brother to the bone, and drained my father dry too (so long, inheritance!).
She's high-maintenance, and always has the clothing, and the make-up and hair and nails done. Guys love her, so she'll be on to her next husband quite soon, I'd imagine.
See ya!!
My brother is a charming guy. He'll find someone else soon, too.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:50 PM

10,052 posts, read 18,098,797 times
So, OP, someone asked ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
Why do you hate her so much?
And you wrote ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
The interesting is, I've known her for 15 years (unfortunately) and have hardly spoken to her. Cant stand her demeanor, attitude, etc. I will NOT give her a chance- the hate between us is too deep-rooted. There has never been any outright brawl or argument or anything- just tension when we are in the same room (I do everything to avoid her like the plague). That is the interesting thing. And it is mutual dislike. The brother KNOWS very well I think she's the plague and vice versa.

What has become complicating is they have 2 kids, mind you they are very adorable.

I will keep my distance.
In other words, you didn't answer at all other than to repeat how much you can't stand this person. Absolutely no reason WHY you "hate" this person that you have barely spoken to.

How can you "hate" someone you've barely spoken to? How can you refuse to give someone a chance? You DO realize that these things reflect more on YOU than they do on the object of your weird "hatred," right?

Old 04-29-2016, 09:07 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,255,660 times
Quote:
I cant stand her so much I don't even consider her an "in-law"!! Can slice the tension with a knife when we're in the same room and we don't even speak a word to each other.

Anyone else feel the same.
Are you male or female?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:15 PM

603 posts, read 933,033 times
To the OP

I don't want to use the word hate but it is pretty close to accurate. My brother is an alcoholic. He had major problems until he was able to quit drinking. His first marriage failed due largely to his drinking problems.

Enter the new wife/sister-in-law. She didn't know him back then but she likes to drink wine with her dinner and some here and there throughout the nights at home. She didn't want to drink alone so encouraged him to start drinking with her, which eventually happened.

I recognize my brother is ultimately responsible for his actions but I deeply resent her sabotaging his efforts to remain sober. I don't talk to her other than forced polite replies.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:54 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,255,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
So, OP, someone asked ...

And you wrote ...

In other words, you didn't answer at all other than to repeat how much you can't stand this person. Absolutely no reason WHY you "hate" this person that you have barely spoken to.

How can you "hate" someone you've barely spoken to? How can you refuse to give someone a chance? You DO realize that these things reflect more on YOU than they do on the object of your weird "hatred," right?
Maybe you don't fully understand her situation. You antagonizing her is not helping anything.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:38 AM

5,411 posts, read 3,611,034 times
Quote:
I cant stand her so much I don't even consider her an "in-law"!! Can slice the tension with a knife when we're in the same room and we don't even speak a word to each other.

Anyone else feel the same.
nobody in my family can stand my SIL and she's their sister!!!
she is a horrible, interfering, nosy ***** and nobody likes her.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:55 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,200,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Maybe you don't fully understand her situation. You antagonizing her is not helping anything.
We don't fully understand because she avoided the question... Or because she has no valid reason for her hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships