Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 02:07 PM

11 posts, read 10,942 times

Advertisements

Call it a mixture of quarter life crisis and FOMO. I had a lot of tough situations financially, family wise, and in other areas which made it tough for me to enjoy the alcohol fueled college experience full of drunk wild parties and all of the craziness. I will say that some days, it just borderline consumes my thoughts and stops me from really getting much done. It is like some strong form of OCD to where I am really frustrated, angry, and pissed off because I didn't get to do keg stands, make friends to get wasted with, party, rage, and all of that stuff back in college.

My college was more or less run by fraternities and sororities who took part in that lifestyle and since I wasn't in one, I had a tough time being a part of that sort of lifestyle. The friends I ended up with were ones who were completely against getting wasted and though they were good friends, they did not want to take part in this lifestyle with me.

One of my major worries now is that I have always wanted to experience that lifestyle, despite everyone telling me the horror stories of it, and I really want to experience it. Unfortunately, I am stuck in a podunk small city loaded with overly religious people that look down on anyone wanting to engage in that sort of life.

A key lingering issue in my mind is by the time I get the finances and opportunities to move to a big city where that lifestyle is acceptable, I am going to have a tough time living that sort of life because I will be too old for it.

I also fear having a tough time making friends who want to take part in that lifestyle because from what I read, it is impossible to find people in their late 20s and 30s who want to get wasted, rage, and party hard.

It's just consuming my thoughts so much because I just want to live that lifestyle for at least a year so I can knock it off my bucket list. So many of these days I wish I had friends who wanted to get wasted with me, party with me, live that sort of a life with me but for the love of god I cannot find friends like these.

Help me please, I am lost.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:12 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,246,440 times
Instead of looking back and wanting to act like a total a$$hole for a year, why not look forward and try to make your future the best you can be? If you want to act like a juvenile delinquent, you could end up doing something that will affect you for the rest of your life, or for a long time anyway.

Start making smart decisions for yourself instead of stupid ones.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:15 PM

11 posts, read 10,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Instead of looking back and wanting to act like a total a$$hole for a year, why not look forward and try to make your future the best you can be? If you want to act like a juvenile delinquent, you could end up doing something that will affect you for the rest of your life, or for a long time anyway.

Start making smart decisions for yourself instead of stupid ones.
and end up even more depressed at 40 because I didn't have fun in life at least once? Jeez, what is your beef with people like me wanting to get wasted and have fun in life? Why are you giving such horrible advice?

I don't care if it kills me, it is a lifestyle I just have to have.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:16 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,444,246 times
Getting wasted and having fun aren't necessarily the same thing. You can have a blast in life without acting like an overgrown frat bro.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:17 PM

22,617 posts, read 47,750,325 times
So go get wasted.
No one is stopping you, as you are (at 25) of legal drinking age & there is no law against being stupid.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragr2016 View Post
and end up even more depressed at 40 because I didn't have fun in life at least once?
So sad that you think getting wasted will mean you had fun once in your life.
Will you still be whining about this at age 40? Really?

Old 08-29-2016, 02:20 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,539,940 times
If it is consuming your thoughts as you say, I strongly suggest seeking professional help in the form of therapy. This is not a healthy desire to have. I went through the party stage, and I wish with every ounce of my being that I hadn't. I honestly don't remember my freshman year because I was drunk nearly the entire time. That's not something to aspire to.

It is not a "lifestyle." It's sheer stupidity. And stupid decisions made while on your bucket list benders can adversely affect the rest of your life. Don't do it. Figure out why you so desperately want to do it, and do whatever it takes to fix that.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
So many of these days I wish I had friends who wanted to get wasted with me, party with me, live that sort of a life with me but for the love of god I cannot find friends like these.
Because they are smart.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:21 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,539,940 times
Quote:
and end up even more depressed at 40 because I didn't have fun in life at least once? Jeez, what is your beef with people like me wanting to get wasted and have fun in life? Why are you giving such horrible advice?

I don't care if it kills me, it is a lifestyle I just have to have.
You don't have to get wasted to have fun in life.

You don't care if it kills you????? Your need for professional help is even more severe than I initially thought.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:23 PM

OP doesn't really want that lifestyle.
He could be doing it if that was the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships