Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 06:16 PM

997 posts, read 940,388 times

Advertisements

I think there are people of all ages who like to party, sleep around, and live it up. Some people never stop but the environment changes.

In my day, it was never an option to live at home. A person who lived with their parents was a big fat loser. You wouldn't let them into your party and you certainly wouldn't sleep with them.

Times have changed and people live at home longer out of need and for practical reasons. It is very expensive to support yourself if you don't have a good job. Good jobs are scarce and housing is expensive. Sometimes there are good reasons to live at home until you are in your 30's and it is socially accepted but it still isn't cool.

People don't usually have a lot of keggers when they are in their 30's. They have jobs and babies instead. No matter how times change, the biological clock is still ticking.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:36 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,415,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
God, I hope not. Nothing more depressing than a 35 year old who acts like a spring breaker. Grow the f@#k up.
I don't see what's wrong with it as long as that person has a job, maintains their bills, maybe their own place and generally just takes care of themselves.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:46 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,598,716 times
No. Most outgrow it. And starting a new thread with a slightly different name but the same old subject won't change the responses you get.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:47 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,813,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrentzer View Post
I read statistics of how less and less people are getting married and how a lot more kids are moving back home after college or still living with their parents after the age of 25. Now that makes me wonder if this means that once a lot of these people hit their 30s and get their financial/economic situations worked out, a lot of them are going to want to spend a few years just living it up by drinking, enjoying nightlife, occasionally partying at nightclubs/bars, and doing the sorts of things they might not have experienced in college or right after college.
I live in DC, I have many friends that party hard after age 30, but they do have solid careers and handle their bills. I think it is a great thing.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:10 PM

13,679 posts, read 9,762,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Isn't that what your college years are for?

NO need to do it all again in your 30s.
Besides, the vast majority of the 30 something I know are married homeowners, and many are starting families
On the contrary, the purpose of college is preparation for graduate or professional school. The purpose of the latter is to secure one's career in scientific research, in the various professions, or in business. In the next stage, the objective is to become established in one's career, and then to reach financial stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
God, I hope not. Nothing more depressing than a 35 year old who acts like a spring breaker. Grow the f@#k up.
As a person well into his 40s, who entirely missed the "party scene" in college and grad school, and who at least theoretically is close to early-retirement, I very much crave segue into the next phase of life: wanton partying, debauchery and revelry. Such excesses are the reward for a well-established life, and not an interregnum before attempting to launch "responsible" life. The key point is whether middle-aged adults have children. If they do, then of course child-rearing takes precedence. But for the child-free, the boundary-conditions are markedly different.

Never mind the 30s. Here's hoping that more people in their 40s and 50s have the temperament and wherewithal to join me!

Old 09-11-2016, 07:22 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,564,943 times
Heck no. People become more mature (read that tired lol) in their 30's. Morning comes early if you are trying to keep up to the same lifestye of your 20's

Old 09-11-2016, 08:42 PM

11,817 posts, read 12,068,109 times
Quote:
Man, looks like my thread itself started an argument. You have the puritans on one side who want everyone to "grow up" after college and never touch alcohol in their lives again and you have the normal people on the other side who are all like "whoa whoa whoa there, calm down, let a person live!".

I think it is good that we're having this discussion so others can say how unreasonable and irrational these people are being for trying to stop a guy from partying in his 30s. Would be scary to have to associate with such people in your life.
Ooooooh, so scary. Who are the people stopping you from doing what you want?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:55 PM

22,642 posts, read 47,813,230 times
Quote:
Man, looks like my thread itself started an argument. You have the puritans on one side who want everyone to "grow up" after college and never touch alcohol in their lives again
Where on earth did you read that you should never touch alcohol again? It certainly was not here.
Quote:

I think it is good that we're having this discussion so others can say how unreasonable and irrational these people are being for trying to stop a guy from partying in his 30s. Would be scary to have to associate with such people in your life.
Ummm.. the only person stopping you is YOU. Just like was said when you posted under another user name, you are old enough to do whatever you want. But the only thing stopping you is ....... what?
Those that can, do.
Those that can't, whine on message boards that they can't.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:59 PM

22,642 posts, read 47,813,230 times
Quote:
please rescue me and take me to where you live.....

I am tired of living in my ****hole town where people get married at 25 and look down on everyone past that age that isn't married.
Seriously?!?! You need to be rescued?
Just move already.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,130,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
On the contrary, the purpose of college is preparation for graduate or professional school. The purpose of the latter is to secure one's career in scientific research, in the various professions, or in business. In the next stage, the objective is to become established in one's career, and then to reach financial stability.

As a person well into his 40s, who entirely missed the "party scene" in college and grad school, and who at least theoretically is close to early-retirement, I very much crave segue into the next phase of life: wanton partying, debauchery and revelry. Such excesses are the reward for a well-established life, and not an interregnum before attempting to launch "responsible" life. The key point is whether middle-aged adults have children. If they do, then of course child-rearing takes precedence. But for the child-free, the boundary-conditions are markedly different.

Never mind the 30s. Here's hoping that more people in their 40s and 50s have the temperament and wherewithal to join me!
Yes. You can't have earned your "Second Childhood" if you never outgrew your First.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships