Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 02:12 PM

101 posts, read 103,834 times

Advertisements

Old

Realising people born 1999/2000 are now 16/17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 06:46 PM

539 posts, read 567,689 times
Old
People 5 years younger than me have no clue what a cassette tape is.
People 30 years older than me have never had to deal with a car with no power steering like I'm going through, yet people 40 years older than me remember the good driving days of cars like that ehich also apparently didn't have a floor for the backseat.
Screaming out loud I need a blanket rack while throwing said blankets, when just a couple years back I whined at my parents because they had to put blankets on a blanket rack.
People never hearing of The Legend of Zelda.
People never hearing of the "original" movie, thinking the remake, or the second remake was an original.
People my age don't know anything about how current rock or rap came to be.
I used to think waist high pants were the ugliest thing, always wore hip huggers, now "mom" pants are the most comfy pants ever.
I had a cord phone, abd smart phones are still new to me.
I hate FB. With a passion to tell coworkers to shut up about it.

Young
Still not giving a crap about my mom's dead poplar trees, even though I know in another 20 years dead plants will be my top priority too.
I still hate old people, in the sense that if you seriously can't understand what I'm saying after repeating it several times, or if you're blind and still driving, or other things young people complain about old people
I have only voted through one presidential election.
I still think cartoons are awesome, coworkers call me a weeaboo.
I think it's crazy people choose or want to live without air conditioning.
"Like" is still my most used word, or "umm"

Many others, but I can't remember all, of course. Wonder what other will say?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:01 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,875,876 times
Young: "WHAT-EVER!!!"

Old: " Depends"

Old 09-20-2016, 09:26 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,344,579 times
Young: playing on the floor with a baby and still being able to get up off the floor (son's child)

Old: your 'baby' son is 34 years old....today

Young: your oldest grandchildren still want to spend a couple of weeks with you

Old: the oldest grandchild is almost 18 and a senior in high school. The second oldest is 14 and a freshman in high school.

Young: still enjoy going out and having fun with the younger generation.

Old: takes more than a day (or two) to recover...

Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,410,209 times
I'm 40.
I graduated high school in 1993.
Just like the kids on Beverly Hills 90210.
One of whom is OLDER THAN THE PRESIDENT.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:54 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,794,362 times
I feel old when I realize I have a son who's 27. When I was 27, he was 6 years old!

But then I listen to some Queens of the Stone Age, my favorite band, and the 19 year old bag boy at the grocery store tells me that he thinks I'm cool because of it.

I feel young when the deli lady at the store tells me, "Just wait until you hit your 40s!" the other night and I tell her that I am already way IN my 40s... 48, to be exact. And she says, "Your skin is great... you're gonna love having that skin when you're my age." Now that I think about how many times she mentioned "skin" maybe I should be a little concerned. Either she's a big fan of Silence of the Lambs or a former Mary Kay saleslady.

I feel old when I go to bed at 10 pm and feel really good about it. "Well, isn't this nice? Tucked into bed at 10 pm. Yep, good for me."

I feel young when I go to open studio at a local gallery and paint and have fun and laugh with my artist friends. We are immature and no one cares or judges each other.

I feel old when I look at the hundred pairs of high heels I have sitting here but there's no way I want to wear those suckers because they really hurt and who do I have to impress, anyway?

I feel young when I get a burst of energy and speed up the stairs from the basement art studio to the kitchen... where I kinda feel old because I see all the broccoli and cauliflower I have (and love to eat!) I feel both young and old after eating those vegetables because I think, "Wow, I really took care of my digestive tract with all that fiber. Yay me." And then I toot and I feel like a 10 year old because I might giggle. Farts are kind of funny.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:19 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,334,199 times
I feel old when I realize I remember where I was when JFK died. I feel old because my oldest is 31. I feel young when people are shocked that I am 61. A man at my mother's house who we were playing cards with thought I was 48 and one of the friends stills calls me "kid". LOL.

I feel young when I can still lift weights, wear high heels (on occasion) and I still have great legs. I feel old when I wake up in the morning and everything hurts until I get started, sort of like the Tin Man on The Wizard of Oz who needed to be oiled.

I feel old when I go to Perkins and they don't ask to see my ID when I order from the senior's menu. Ditto when I go to the movies.

I feel old when I realize that I probably only have 20 years ahead of me at most and that most of my life is over. I feel young when I get dressed up with nice clothes, make-up and hair looking good and I see myself in the mirror and think "not too shabby for 61". :-)

Old 09-21-2016, 07:21 AM

922 posts, read 793,484 times
Old:
My son turning 36
My granddaughter learning to drive
Hearing songs on the radio I used to listen to all the time, now they are "oldies"
My body no longer working like it used to
Turning 60 but feeling 30

Young:
Getting excited over catching a fish
Being silly with my husband
Learning something new
Painting my toenails blue with glitter

Old 09-21-2016, 09:12 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,883,053 times
Old:
* Starting a sentence with "Ten years ago, when I was 23, ..."
* Getting sleepy around 1:00 AM when staying out late on weekends
* Acquiring a habit of calling college students "kids"
* Dating a woman in her mid 20's, and feeling flattered that she still finds me attractive

Young:
* Attending a singles' dance, and seeing 50 being the average age
* Taking a flying lesson and handling it like a trooper
* Going to a Latin club and dancing floor until closing time
* Dating a woman in her mid 20's, and feeling flattered that she still finds me attractive

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 09-21-2016 at 09:37 AM..

Old 09-21-2016, 09:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I feel old when I realize I remember where I was when JFK died. I feel old because my oldest is 31. I feel young when people are shocked that I am 61. A man at my mother's house who we were playing cards with thought I was 48 and one of the friends stills calls me "kid". LOL. :-)
This made me chuckle, I am 55 and my oldest child is 37, middle child is 32, youngest child is 30.

I feel old most days but my health dictates that feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships