Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 10:43 PM

50 posts, read 51,886 times

Advertisements

I found an old classmate of mine<edit> on line about six months ago. He put his cell on there so I figured I'd text him and see how he is. He ignored the text. I checked his public court records and found out he had disorderly conduct charge from several years ago. Based on some of the people on his friends list, it looks like he may have taken the wrong path. I just remember us joking around a lot in school and we worked our first job together. I graduated in 2004 and he was 2005. I would have my days where I felt like being goofy then my days where I didn't wanna talk to anyone. This used to frustrate him.

Anyways, would he not get back to me because he may have taken a wrong life path? This is the only reason I see for him not to respond. He did add me as a friend <edit> but no text response from him. I noticed someone else posted on his wall asking how he is and he didn't respond to them either. Maybe he's just not the best respondent lol. He works in landscaping which isn't the best job in the world as it's not year-round employment usually but it's a paycheck.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-22-2016 at 06:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 01:41 AM

997 posts, read 936,291 times
Probably because he is not in a good place. Usually that is why people don't respond.

Either that, or he doesn't check his facebook, or bother with it.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:50 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Perhaps it's a land line and not a cell. Perhaps he doesn't do texting. Perhaps he got a new number and forgot to change it <edit>on line. Any number of reasons that have nothing to do with you.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-22-2016 at 06:44 AM..

Old 10-20-2016, 04:08 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Take the hint, he doesn't want to rekindle your 'friendship' and based on your judgmental post, I wouldn't either.

Who wants to be friends with someone who scours court records for info and makes derogatory comments about your job while knowing nothing about your life???

I know people in the landscaping business that are doing quite well for themselves and would disagree with your 'not the best job' comment.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:12 AM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
I get so many robocalls that I just dont respond to calls from numbers not totally known. Texts and VMs, if and when i get to them.

There are so many reasons for a non response.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-22-2016 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: deleted the FB response as orphaned . See sticky post atop forum

Old 10-20-2016, 05:48 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden17 View Post
I found an old classmate of mine on Facebook about six months ago. He put his cell on there so I figured I'd text him and see how he is. He ignored the text. I checked his public court records and found out he had disorderly conduct charge from several years ago. Based on some of the people on his friends list, it looks like he may have taken the wrong path. I just remember us joking around a lot in school and we worked our first job together. I graduated in 2004 and he was 2005. I would have my days where I felt like being goofy then my days where I didn't wanna talk to anyone. This used to frustrate him.

Anyways, would he not get back to me because he may have taken a wrong life path? This is the only reason I see for him not to respond. He did add me as a friend on Facebook, but no text response from him. I noticed someone else posted on his wall asking how he is and he didn't respond to them either. Maybe he's just not the best respondent lol. He works in landscaping which isn't the best job in the world as it's not year-round employment usually but it's a paycheck.

Thanks in advance.
Things change in 10 years, good chance the people you talk to now, you will not talk to in 10 years.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:21 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Perhaps it's a land line and not a cell. Perhaps he doesn't do texting. Perhaps he got a new number and forgot to change it on . Any number of reasons that have nothing to do with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post

I get so many robocalls that I just dont respond to calls from numbers not totally known. Texts and VMs, if and when i get to them.

There are so many reasons for a non response.
Good points.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-22-2016 at 06:47 AM..

Old 10-20-2016, 10:08 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I like to keep life simple. If I have not talked to someone in 10 years and things are working out the way they are, why change it by starting a conversation now.

Life is never as sweet as how it used to be in the past. People change and if you had been close friends you probably would not need<edit> social media to reconnect.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 10-22-2016 at 06:49 AM..

Old 10-20-2016, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 3,397 times
Instead of texting why don't you call and speak to him? Be more personal rather than a random text? I wouldn't respond to a random text but would return a call.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:54 PM

540 posts, read 1,096,158 times
Why are you googling and going through records for a high school acquaintance that you haven't seen in 10 years? Very creepy. I wouldn't talk to you either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships