Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,135,502 times

Advertisements

If someone bothers you, what you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of their leg right at the bottom, They'll never play golf again, because their weight displacement goes back, all their weight is on their right foot, and they'll push everything off to the right, They'll never come through on anything. They'll quit the game.

--- Carl

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 05:39 PM

2,793 posts, read 1,650,651 times
Anyone who hurts me, such as the Evil SIL I have. And a co-worker. Anyone who pretends I don't exist, who excludes me, who treats everyone else nicely and respectfully but treats me like I don't exist. I hate being left out. It hurts like a mofo.

I do not hate my mother, but she has emotional breakdowns and she says point blank that I'm the reason she's unhappy. She insults me, saying I don't care for her. She sneers at me and asks how she offended me (she really doesn't know, does she?) Who wants to hear all that? Who wants to be judged like that? She wonders why I don't want to talk to her normally, and then has a breakdown that we don't have a close relationship that she wants.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:06 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,917,714 times
There is one person who deliberately sabotaged me at work that I would love to have my revenge on. She was nasty to me from the very first day. It still upsets me to think about it. Funny the boss there was horrible also, but I don't hate her as much, I don't even really know why. Probably because the reason she was so awful to me was the other woman was feeding her dirt on me (most of it false). She may have hated me regardless, but I'll never know.

I'm 48. I think that's a lot of people over the years to only have 2 that I truly hate.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:14 AM

296 posts, read 218,358 times
Just going to say, there are people whom I'd love to read or hear about something bad happening to them, but no way am I going to take action which would cause them problems.

I don't need to create bad Karma for myself!

Old 01-12-2017, 08:29 AM

88,741 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
There is one person who deliberately sabotaged me at work that I would love to have my revenge on. She was nasty to me from the very first day. It still upsets me to think about it. Funny the boss there was horrible also, but I don't hate her as much, I don't even really know why. Probably because the reason she was so awful to me was the other woman was feeding her dirt on me (most of it false). She may have hated me regardless, but I'll never know.

I'm 48. I think that's a lot of people over the years to only have 2 that I truly hate.
I had one like that in my office, years ago, when I was still in my 20s. I was still a secretary then, and she was the office supervisor and much older. The boss didn't like her also-older office buddy, who was a bitter, angry woman, and instead he gave me the better assignments and was grooming me to be the Manager's secretary, which the supervisor thought should be her friend's job.

She was just nasty to me, so nasty. Then one day I had an assignment that I was supposed to do first thing in the morning. I left the paperwork in the middle of my desk. The next morning it was gone. She proclaimed that I must have misplaced it and made a big deal about having to make SUCH an effort to get me replacement paperwork in front of the boss. I later found the original paperwork hidden under my inbox.

It takes a lot to get me to despise someone that strongly, but I HATED that woman to the point that I actually wished she would drop dead. I immediately felt bad, and because of the way my mind works, I was afraid that I was going to make it happen.

Well, wouldn't you know, within a week's time, the hag was rushing to catch her train and slipped and fell on some tiles and broke her leg so badly she needed surgery and was out for months. She eventually came back briefly and then retired. I got the promotion in the meantime.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:32 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,483,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Anyone who hurts me, such as the Evil SIL I have. And a co-worker. Anyone who pretends I don't exist, who excludes me, who treats everyone else nicely and respectfully but treats me like I don't exist. I hate being left out. It hurts like a mofo.

I do not hate my mother, but she has emotional breakdowns and she says point blank that I'm the reason she's unhappy. She insults me, saying I don't care for her. She sneers at me and asks how she offended me (she really doesn't know, does she?) Who wants to hear all that? Who wants to be judged like that? She wonders why I don't want to talk to her normally, and then has a breakdown that we don't have a close relationship that she wants.
I hope your husband is merciless to the Evil SIL. If anyone in my family even hinted at a vague intent to be unkind to my wife, they'd have a lasting problem.

On crazy moms, passing blame, random insults, and then wondering why we can't all just be friends, I so totally understand. So. Totally. Stay strong.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:03 PM

2,793 posts, read 1,650,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I hope your husband is merciless to the Evil SIL. If anyone in my family even hinted at a vague intent to be unkind to my wife, they'd have a lasting problem.

On crazy moms, passing blame, random insults, and then wondering why we can't all just be friends, I so totally understand. So. Totally. Stay strong.
Thanks on the Evil SIL comment, but not everyone wants to ruffles feathers. No one likes friction between people, at least no one I know. If you ruffle feathers, YOU'RE the bad guy for stooping to their level, you're being just like her, YOU'RE adding fuel to the fire that she started. But if you ignore her, SHE'LL look bad because she's the one spewing the nastiness while you're staying out of it. I am so confused on this. Husband's family just ignores her; they don't want to get involved because she's not spewing at them, just at Husband and me.

The mom thing, it's a nasty cycle of emotional breakdown, happiness for the next few days because she just released a lot of negative emotion, then her resentment builds up again, and then another emotional breakdown.

Old 01-13-2017, 04:14 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,342,297 times
Nope. Pretty much everyone loves pickle-juice, don't they?!

Old 01-13-2017, 04:51 PM

258 posts, read 235,210 times
Umm. NO. (to the pickle juice).

Old 01-13-2017, 04:52 PM

258 posts, read 235,210 times
I have 2 people I despise. My m-i-l and my sister. I don't wish death on them. I want them to live so they can suffer some karma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships