Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 06:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,990,244 times

Advertisements

So a few weeks ago, an online shoe store I have been watching had a sale. I bought 2 things in recent months, returned one and loved the other. The shoes I returned were a dream style for me, but I found the leather a bit stiff and worried about rubbing on my heel. That is one area I don't believe in breaking in.

So an item I was interested in, but felt a bit pricey was on sale. So I pulled the trigger and placed my order.

The next day the store contacted me and their inventory system was off, and they no longer had my size in that style. Obviously they refunded me. But the big surprise was they gave me a gift card for the amount of the order as well!!!!

I would have been absolutely estatic if they gave me a coupon for later, so that was above and beyond!

I got a note this weekend saying they had redesigned the item I returned and it might be a better fit. They gave me early access to the new stock. These shoes were maybe $10 more than the other pair. I place it in my cart, co to check out. I add my gift card. And to my surprise it covered the full order!

Obviously I am going to keep shopping here because the service is beyond outstanding. And I loved that they referred to my previous order to personalize communications. It makes you feel super special.

So tell me about awesome customer service you have experienced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 07:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,084,741 times
I had signed up for a free trial of one of those monthly subscription services. I didn't really care for the item, so I decided to cancel before I was charged for another month. I was a little annoyed when they didnt have a cancel option on their website, and instead required customers to call their customer service number to cancel. I figured they would try to get me to stay, offer me a discount or free gift, and just ask a bunch of questions as to why I was canceling. So I was pleasantly surprised when I called and all they did was ask for my name and verify my address before canceling my subscription.

That is all I want when dealing with customer service. Let me do what I called or emailed about in the simpliest way possible. I don't want to engage in small talk, I dont need free gifts, or anything else to buy my loyalty. Just solve my problem and move on.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,290,286 times
I traveled out of town to a new client meeting. While I arrived on time in San Francisco, my suitcase didn't make it. Yet, while I traveled in jeans and a jacket, I was supposed to be dining in four hours with some pretty heavy hitters. So I asked the hotel concierge for advice and he called a place down the street. They were closing in an hour, but I walked in the door, they helped me select a nice suit and did the alterations. One hour before my dinner, there was a knock on my hotel room door, and there was the concierge and the tailor. The tailor wouldn't leave until I went into the restroom, changed, and he was satisfied with the fit.

Let me tell you what. I tipped that concierge well the next day and wrote one of the nicest thank-you notes of my career to the manager of that shop.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:52 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,721,610 times
I would say Geico customer service. They have always been there for whatever I needed, and was always very friendly and understanding. They are always prompt and on time, and just never gave me any problems about anything. I could always count on them. Then probably customer service at Enterprise car rental, they were pretty good as well.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:30 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,648,209 times
Why aren't any of you naming names here? Why not say who gave you good service?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,466,283 times
Ken 1 & 2 (owner and mechanic - they are both named Ken) at Harry's Auto on Rand Rd. in Palatine. They are now considered family. I would never ever take a car or truck anywhere else. Husband told me about them, and it's the only place we will go.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,084,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I would say Geico customer service. They have always been there for whatever I needed, and was always very friendly and understanding. They are always prompt and on time, and just never gave me any problems about anything. I could always count on them. Then probably customer service at Enterprise car rental, they were pretty good as well.
Glad to hear Geico has good customer service. I'm looking to change my insurance. Geico had the best rates of the companies I was considering, so they're probably who I'll go with.

I've also always had great experiences with Enterprise. We always rent from them while on vacation or when driving long distances since SO gets a great discount through work.

On our last vacation, the people in front of us were yelling at the Enterprise desk because there were no cars available and they didn't bother to reserve one ahead of time. The guy was being very nice to them, calling other Enterprise locations and even other rental companies, but couldn't get them a car for another day. We were in Great Falls, Montana, so unfortunately there were not a whole lot of options available. They then tried to demand that Enterprise put them up in a hotel since they had no where to stay that night. They gave us the nastiest look when we were given the keys to a car that we had reserved two months in advance. I'm sure they complained some more after we left thinking it should be a first come first serve. I would not have been able to keep calm if I had to deal with people like that.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:37 PM

12,993 posts, read 9,721,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Why aren't any of you naming names here? Why not say who gave you good service?
It's been a over a year now since I last used Geico customer service, I don't remember any of the girls or guys who always helped me out. I hardly got the same person twice, they were all always very good to me.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:40 AM

3,575 posts, read 2,905,035 times
2 years ago on a Saturday I was sitting bored at home, it was typical Seattle weather, gray and damp. I recalled that our Retail Marijuana shops had been open for awhile and since I never been before was curious to check it out.

I drove down to Cannabis City in the SODO area, one of the first to open. Outside was a line of customers with a doorman checking people in, apparently per law, only so many patrons can be let in depending on how many people are working.

While waiting in line I started chatting with the a nice older lady in front of me and an chatty younger gent in back. It was lightly raining and someone from the store came out and was offering umbrellas for use.

Once I got up to the doorman he asked what was I looking for and I honestly told him this was my first visit to any pot store and I hadn't really indulged in Marijuana since the 80's. He got really excited and said "Dude!, this is going to be great for you! When you go inside you'll have see areas for Indica, Sativa, and edibles. They all have their own clerks working the counters so they'll be able to explain everything, they'll answer any questions"

Once inside, I quickly realized pot had come a long way since 1985, a lot more science involved today. The clerk was friendly and knew her stuff, explained the differences in types and measured strengths. Took me over the the edible section and showed me the cookies, fudges, liquids, and oils. Her knowledge and patience was incredible.

I spent about $100 bucks and left with a few happy items and my best customer service experience ever.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:14 AM

6,521 posts, read 6,728,593 times
I had a late flight home into San Antonio, and got on the shuttle bus to take me to the long-term parking lot. The shuttle drivers normally drop people off at the enclosed shuttle stops scattered throughout the parking lot. But since it was dark, he took me precisely to my car, got off the bus to put my luggage in my trunk, and didn't drive away until he made sure my car started.

Big tip given gratefully!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships