Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 12:00 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrocker View Post
Thanks. Yeah. It is kind of sad though. I also feel this is the real reason why he decided not to have kids anymore. And again I blame the ex wife for this coz well I got affected by this big time.

I agree it might be terrible. And yeah if he really wants to, he will do it himself. But he gave up on his son. Unfortunately.

Yeah he actually does not want to talk about it. Not even the divorce. That's why I did a Sherlock Holmes on it, myself.

I honestly have no idea/forgot how I even track him down, LOL.

I do remember asking my husband, what if, your son, out of the blue, knock on your door? What would you do? His response? - We'll see. - WTF.

Oh well, thanks guys. I actually am scared to contact his son anyway coz the ex wife might know and the ex wife is lawsuit friendly.

Pretty sure biatch will sue me somehow.

I ain't got time for that.
Are you crazy? And is this a roundabout way of "solving" his not wanting to have kids so that YOU can have kids? Double crazy. This is HIS business so stay out of it. Your husband is an adult and so is his son - let THEM decide if they want to reunite.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:02 PM

169 posts, read 115,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
Then that means your husband gave up his parental rights to his son and he's not his son anymore.

Nice guy ya married there..
I already said he has a low EQ he has an emotional threshold of a cup or even smaller. Yesterday, he was so mad at our grocery total, a whopping $180. One of his rant was 'When i give up, I give up'. His solution was withdraw $500 and gamble and if he lost, he will withdraw all his money so he can't pay mortgage and bills anymore. He honestly is a mess. I told him your way of thinking is nuts.

And when he worries about money like that. My line always is - how many freaking times I have to tell you it is only money you have a freaking job you can earn it back?!

See, there are also times he is frustrated and I have to shush him you know how you comfort a child and always tell him to relax. And he relax. He is lucky I can understand his tantrums.

I honestly don't know how I tolerate him when he does this behavior but that is only my example on how you handle conflicts like that. If you meet someone's anger with anger it will really end up with physical altercation.

I know he will never harm me physically because I won't let him. Meaning I will WALK away when I sense it is going in that direction. Because I have a freaking COMMON SENSE.

He maybe a deadbeat, lowlife to many of you. But like I said I am not stupid. He treats me right and he supports me in everything and I really don't care what you guys think of him.

You can't blame only one person if the other person is antagonistic from the beginning. And when someone has an emotional threshold of a cup that has a thinking of 'When i give up, I give up'. And you still don't get it then get off my thread. LOOOOOOOOOL.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:03 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
Well, I remember you from quite long time ago OP.

Seems you've been living with some serious resentments and obssessions over your husband's past marriage and still. That's certainly NOT "curious".

Looks like you should just go ahead with the idea, it's time you get to the bottom of it all. A bad idea might just be good for you.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Are you crazy? And is this a roundabout way of "solving" his not wanting to have kids so that YOU can have kids? Double crazy. This is HIS business so stay out of it. Your husband is an adult and so is his son - let THEM decide if they want to reunite.
It is my instinct that tells me the son situation made him decide to not have kids anymore. And actually it is only now that I realized and makes perfect sense, when he told me about the son situation and how his ex destroyed him and will not let it happen to him again.

His solution was - no more kids for him ever. And I made it happen for him too, I requested for him to get a vasectomy.

Done and done.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:02 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
No. I actually want to. Why he signed it. But I know he won't like it. He really does not want to discuss it.
You should have discussed all of this before you married this man. Now, I'd have to say that you are messing with something that could have dramatic repercussions in your marriage. Be very careful.

Do not spring this on your husband. If he desires a relationship with his son he can do what you did, He can find him.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 AM

3,253 posts, read 2,339,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yes, yes, you've nailed it. She's cray cray. VERY cray cray.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:19 AM

>>If you meet someone's anger with anger it will really end up with physical altercation.<<<

That's absurd. You married an abuser. Most people can handle anger without EVER becoming physical. Surely even you know that.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Well, I remember you from quite long time ago OP.

Seems you've been living with some serious resentments and obssessions over your husband's past marriage and still. That's certainly NOT "curious".

Looks like you should just go ahead with the idea, it's time you get to the bottom of it all. A bad idea might just be good for you.
It would appear there's no other solution and perhaps it will finally wake her up. Although I seriously doubt anything will do that.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
It is my instinct that tells me the son situation made him decide to not have kids anymore. And actually it is only now that I realized and makes perfect sense, when he told me about the son situation and how his ex destroyed him and will not let it happen to him again.

His solution was - no more kids for him ever. And I made it happen for him too, I requested for him to get a vasectomy.

Done and done.
Then what's the problem? It worked for both of you. You made him get a vasectomy and he did. So everyone's happy now. Right?

Old 02-06-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Then what's the problem? It worked for both of you. You made him get a vasectomy and he did. So everyone's happy now. Right?
Yes. Are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.