Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:56 AM

554 posts, read 623,180 times

Advertisements

Everyone experiences ups and downs in their life so obviously they were not your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I am not sure maybe you could give more specifics about the situation.

I knew a woman a while back who decided I was off her social list when she found out my husband lost his job. I ran into her again a few months later at Barnes & Noble, she came for storytime in the kids section and I had brought my daughter there. She wanted to know if my personal life had improved. I asked her what she meant by that. She whispered "your husband, did he get another job" and she said it like it was some shameful thing. And when I told her yes, she said "well, we'll get together again some time, please text me". But I never contacted her. Mainly because I don't want my child exposed to people like her. I usually drop people before they get a chance to do that to me, once I get a whiff of their attitude. I'm gone.
What a complete a-hole. Shallow as a puddle. Good decision.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:13 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Again, I think it's valuable to cultivate a pragmatic approach to the whole "friend" thing. No, most people are not your true, bosom friends who will stick with you through thick or thin and die for you. They are acquaintances. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't associate with them or even have relationships with them. I doubt if many people -- especially these days -- live up to the standards some have regarding friendship. Prepare to be disappointed by them, and although you'll be disappointed, you won't be surprised! If you have even one REAL friend, count yourself very lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships