Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 12:26 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Stay at home moms are almost all financially dependent btw.

I bet this girl's biggest problem is she only likes foreign men. If she was into local men from BA, she'd probably be married by now. And she would likely be growing, adding some confidence, getting a little smarter, etc. She doesn't sound that unusual to me, more of an old-fashioned 'born to be a wife' kind of woman.

Like a couple men said, she has enough attributes that would make her a catch. An attractive, fit woman without kids and maybe some family money, that would be a swipe right for most men.
Its interesting how this thread brings out the blatant misogyny that some men still practice nowadays

No, she does like Argentinian men, but, SHOCKINGLY, most men do not like a woman that cant support herself, does not work or study, and cant hold an interesting conversation

Im sure for some of you this is ridiculous cause women ARE only a peace of meat thats there to shut up and look pretty, but, NEWSFLASH, women are human beings, just like you, smarter or dumber depends on the person (not gender) and what they decide to do with their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 01:24 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Its interesting how this thread brings out the blatant misogyny that some men still practice nowadays

No, she does like Argentinian men, but, SHOCKINGLY, most men do not like a woman that cant support herself, does not work or study, and cant hold an interesting conversation

Im sure for some of you this is ridiculous cause women ARE only a peace of meat thats there to shut up and look pretty, but, NEWSFLASH, women are human beings, just like you, smarter or dumber depends on the person (not gender) and what they decide to do with their life.
Where is the misogyny in my post? I wrote it with much more appreciation about the woman in question than you.

Sorry but when you say: "most men do not like a woman that cant support herself, does not work or study, and cant hold an interesting conversation" it makes me the think the value systems are different from America to Argentina. American men would go for her consistently. You just get sore when men suggest physical assets are important in women.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:19 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,957,315 times
Quote:
What do you think of a person like this and what would you do if they were a close family member? Be honest
I would be discarding her within minutes if I ever met her.

I despise useless people who can't take care of themselves even though they are perfectly capable of doing so.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,766,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
It's worked just fine for 99.9% of women that have ever lived under a monetary system throughout history. Only in the last 2 generations or so have women worked full time corporate world type jobs. If you're well off financially, like I am and several other alpha males are, IF you do end up splitting with your SO, you leave her with alimony or a gift so that she isn't destitute. That's what a gentleman does anyway. No telling what your blue collar worker bee type mentality would do. Maybe you're the type that would leave your SO high and dry if you were in that position. I know that I'm certainly not.
99.9% of women throughout history have had no choice. They were unable to work at a job that could support them. IMO that doesn't equate to "working out" for them.

Not everyone will agree to alimony or will have the financial resources to leave a spouse financially set for the rest of their life. Personally, I can't imagine leaving a spouse "high and dry" in the event of a divorce but it's not ever been an issue for me.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Where is the misogyny in my post? I wrote it with much more appreciation about the woman in question than you.

Sorry but when you say: "most men do not like a woman that cant support herself, does not work or study, and cant hold an interesting conversation" it makes me the think the value systems are different from America to Argentina. American men would go for her consistently. You just get sore when men suggest physical assets are important in women.
So American men are all blatant misogynysts??

wow, good to know.

The fact that you cant see where your misogyny is talks about how ingrained your misogyny is.

And, again, i would criticize BOTH men and women who dont do anything interesting with their life or are dumb. And you would CONGRATULATE a woman thats dumb because, that, for you, is what woman should be. See the difference?? Misogynyst. Huge one.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
I would be discarding her within minutes if I ever met her.

I despise useless people who can't take care of themselves even though they are perfectly capable of doing so.
Exactly.

Imagine if the genders were reversed. I mean, the person i talk about were a MAN, that has NO JOB, no interesting hobbies, NEVER STUDIED ANYTHING, still lives with his parents at 30, and cant hold a conversation!

Do you imagine ANY WOMAN saying "wow, what a great catch!!"

NO! everyone would be saying "what an utter loser!!"

but theres a woman like that and all the women haters come out of their shell and talk about how they are tired of all this "modern women"and appreciate a woman that stays in her place.

Her place = being useless, dumb, and pretty.

Like i said, women haters.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:50 PM

Being dumb or smart has nothing to do with gender.

Being pretty or not so pretty has nothing to do with gender.

Doing something with your life or not even trying has nothing to do with gender.

Reading books, learning about stuff, talking about interesting issues has nothing to do with gender.

An idiot is an idiot is an idiot, despite being a man, or a woman.

An intelligent person is so, A PERSON, woman CAN BE smart, JUST AS men can be.

Men and women both can be utterly dumb.

Like i said, gender has nothing to do with it.

We are ALL people.

Repeat and learn.

Ignorant, also, has nothing to do with gender.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:18 PM

52,298 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Was wondering what the OP's point of this thread is??? I haven't seen every response here but the vast majority of average everyday people find what was listed in the OP as being on the verge of abhorrent.

What is the end game here? Just wanna vent and rag on the woman or was there some other intentions such as trying to help her see the err of her ways??

Old 06-27-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Was wondering what the OP's point of this thread is??? I haven't seen every response here but the vast majority of average everyday people find what was listed in the OP as being on the verge of abhorrent.

What is the end game here? Just wanna vent and rag on the woman or was there some other intentions such as trying to help her see the err of her ways??
Actually, some people find her WHAT A WOMAN MUST BE, and i find that AT LEAST insulting.

Apparently, its ok to insult all women in one post and no woman OR men would come up and say anything.

Yeah, this particular woman is dumb
So are many other women or men in other threads started by other people
People are dumb
But to get a response about how she is a REAL WOMAN and how all the woman that arent dumb are LESS OF A WOMAN is frankly completely insulting and abhorrent.

I never expected the kind of responses i got in the end, of people LOVING a type like that because THATS WHAT WOMEN SHOULD BE.

Imagine if it were the opposite gender. You cant because it would NEVER happen.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Being dumb or smart has nothing to do with gender.

Being pretty or not so pretty has nothing to do with gender.

Doing something with your life or not even trying has nothing to do with gender.

Reading books, learning about stuff, talking about interesting issues has nothing to do with gender.

An idiot is an idiot is an idiot, despite being a man, or a woman.

An intelligent person is so, A PERSON, woman CAN BE smart, JUST AS men can be.

Men and women both can be utterly dumb.

Like i said, gender has nothing to do with it.

We are ALL people.

Repeat and learn.

Ignorant, also, has nothing to do with gender.

Also. This. Again and again.

2017 and you still have to explain this to people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships