Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:29 PM

1,149 posts, read 937,749 times

Advertisements

Are you referring to a Kardashian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 05:32 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,150,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Exactly.

Imagine if the genders were reversed. I mean, the person i talk about were a MAN, that has NO JOB, no interesting hobbies, NEVER STUDIED ANYTHING, still lives with his parents at 30, and cant hold a conversation!

Do you imagine ANY WOMAN saying "wow, what a great catch!!"

NO! everyone would be saying "what an utter loser!!"

but theres a woman like that and all the women haters come out of their shell and talk about how they are tired of all this "modern women"and appreciate a woman that stays in her place.

Her place = being useless, dumb, and pretty.

Like i said, women haters.
Sorry lady, welcome to the human race where the looks of the opposite gender are more important to men than they are to women.

You come on here and want to use your sister in-law as a piñata (how mean is that?) and then cringe when some of us defend her; yes she has a right to oxygen.

You are probably just jealous of her because she is better looking.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:05 AM

30,355 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
30 year old woman
No job or job prospect
Lives with her parents
No boyfriend or prospect
No formal studies after high school
Is into yoga and hinduism and all that
Takes selfies all day long, posing in every situation
Hates reading
Hates studying
Loves talking about topics she has no idea about and when asked where did she get that data/fact from she says "oh, some friend of a friend told me"
Is into clothes and buys a lot of clothes from expensive brands per month, paid by her upper middle class parents
Travels to USA or Europe (we are in south america) every year for "vacation" (all paid up by her parents)
Gets lost easily in the city, cant take bus or subway cause she "gets lost" and only takes taxis or is driven wherever by their parents
If she finds herself in any place of the city, she wouldnt even know where she is or where to go. No sense of ubication
Is an avid user of social media and gets paid proffesional photographers to take pictures of her every week
Loves dressing up and using make up and having her hair done. She gets all this by expensive proffesionals weekly

She claims she would love to have a boyfriend with since i know her (4 years) she didnt have one, nothing, no guy around ever
Her friends are all shallow and vapid
She is very pretty
She lives life like she is 16 years old

All she does every day is:
Sit around
Do yoga
Takes selfies
Do her hair/nails/make up
Go shopping

Has no intentions of bettering herself and educating herself or build a future or a career

Seems like she wants a Prince Charming to rescue her from her parents house and take her to his palace

She claims to not like living with her parents cause they "bug her" but does NOTHING to get out. Not even a part time job

Her parents actually really really spoil her and treat her like she is a 15 years old princess

She cant keep the train thought of any conversation, not good on finishing sentences or talking seriously about any topic. Usually gets tired mid sentence and looks emptily into the wall.

You get the picture.

What do you think of a person like this and what would you do if they were a close family member? Be honest
I think life is going to be hard for her after her parents are gone. Other than that, I wouldn't think about her much at all. If she was a close family member, I wouldn't be associating with her that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcx456 View Post
She sounds like a great fit for me. I'm an alpha male type(military veteran and a great athlete) and she sounds very feminine, artsy and free-spirited. Opposites attract. Also, I don't care where she works or how well off financially she is cause I'm a self-made millionaire. So I'll be the provider and the breadwinner. It also sounds like we have shared common interests; traveling, fitness, the outdoors and nature. What's not to like?

No disrespect intended but I think most modern women, especially westerners, place too much importance on their careers and competing financially with men. I know more tomboyish, studious, workaholic type women, than I do women with actual traditional feminine qualities. If I'm going to partner up with a woman, I want one that knows who she is, lives her truth and balances my masculine energy with her female energy, not one that adds more masculine energy to the mix.

This woman you describe sounds like she lives her life exactly how she wants and isn't bothered by the rat race that everyone else is caught up in. That is very refreshing and appealing to me. I would like to climb a mountain with her or go on some kind of spontaneous trip to somewhere neither of us has been before. I'd also like to photograph her or read a book at the park, while she does yoga. These activities sound like fun to me and tbh you couldn't do those things with 99% of women cause they'd be too busy with their job or just simply not into those activities.
That's all fine and dandy, but I wonder what in the OP made you think the girl "knows who she is". I'd say she doesn't have a clue who she is based on what the OP shared.

Quote:
I know several people in my age group 26-32, is the general age of my friends, that still live with their parents. It doesn't bother me at all and I honestly don't care what people do in their lives as long as it isn't something criminal. I like them for their personalities and our shared interests, not where they live or how well off financially they are. The reason I asked if you were like the woman in the original post is I noticed we live in adjacent states. The woman being described in this thread lives in South America and on top of that there's probably some sort of language barrier.
Agree on this part. It seems people have a list of "must haves" that are all material before people are considered "good enough" for them. If that's what they want, whatever, good for them I guess, but I think a lot of people miss out on golden opportunities over something that, in the end, does not even matter.

Personality is a lot, shared interest is a lot. I would prefer someone educated and independent, but that does not mean that all who are educated and independent are good people. If someone doesn't have a good personality and you share nothing in common with them regarding interests, it doesn't matter who good looking they are, what they have, where they live, how much they make, what their upbringing was like, you're not going to have a good time. Unless you're idea of a good time is hanging out with a stick in the mud.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 06-28-2017 at 06:14 AM..

Old 06-28-2017, 08:03 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,219,289 times
I think a lot of you, at some of you, are missing the point of this thread.

The OP's husband's sister is 30 years old. She does not have a job nor appears to ever want a job. Does not have any education or training (past HS) nor appears to ever want any additional education or training. She is coddled, babied, enabled and completely supported financially by her parents. She can not even find her way home if she gets lost in her own city. She is supported by her parents in an extremely extravagant way (expensive clothes, expensive vacations, expensive life style). She rarely, if ever, dates. She can not cook or clean or handle basic household responsibilities. From what the OP has written she could certainly never handle living on her own, in her own apartment, without a lot of training. Yet, she is not cognitively disabled just spoiled rotten.

What do you think will happen when the parents die and she does not have a place to live, people doing all the work for her, and endless money to spend
? Should her brother just let his sister live under a bridge scrounging for food from the garbage? Or will brother and the OP be expected to take sister/SIL into their home, do all the cooking, cleaning, etc. for her AND support her until the day she dies?

Old 06-28-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I think a lot of you, at some of you, are missing the point of this thread.

The OP's husband's sister is 30 years old. She does not have a job nor appears to ever want a job. Does not have any education or training (past HS) nor appears to ever want any additional education or training. She is coddled, babied, enabled and completely supported financially by her parents. She can not even find her way home if she gets lost in her own city. She is supported by her parents in an extremely extravagant way (expensive clothes, expensive vacations, expensive life style). She rarely, if ever, dates. She can not cook or clean or handle basic household responsibilities. From what the OP has written she could certainly never handle living on her own, in her own apartment, without a lot of training. Yet, she is not cognitively disabled just spoiled rotten.

What do you think will happen when the parents die and she does not have a place to live, people doing all the work for her, and endless money to spend
? Should her brother just let his sister live under a bridge scrounging for food from the garbage? Or will brother and the OP be expected to take sister/SIL into their home, do all the cooking, cleaning, etc. for her AND support her until the day she dies?
I tend not to worry about people with "endless money." I also think the report is exaggerated, from an in-law with sour grapes.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:14 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,547,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Sorry lady, welcome to the human race where the looks of the opposite gender are more important to men than they are to women.

You come on here and want to use your sister in-law as a piñata (how mean is that?) and then cringe when some of us defend her; yes she has a right to oxygen.

You are probably just jealous of her because she is better looking.
Welcome to the human race? Thats your answer for injustice?

In MY world, looks arent the most important thing if you are a man or a woman. Regardless of gender you are expected to

A) have some type of education

B) have a job

C) not live with your parents at 30

D) have some kind of life expierence by the time you are 30

If you come from a well off family and NEVER IN YOU LIFE worked for anything and you wasted every opportunity you had, you are seen as a failure. Man or woman.

To imply that a woman would not be a failure in this case cause she is pretty and thats all whats worth in a woman is extremely insulting and mysogynystic.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the human race? Thats your answer for injustice?

In MY world, looks arent the most important thing if you are a man or a woman. Regardless of gender you are expected to

A) have some type of education

B) have a job

C) not live with your parents at 30

D) have some kind of life expierence by the time you are 30

If you come from a well off family and NEVER IN YOU LIFE worked for anything and you wasted every opportunity you had, you are seen as a failure. Man or woman.

To imply that a woman would not be a failure in this case cause she is pretty and thats all whats worth in a woman is extremely insulting and mysogynystic.
OK OK, you're sister in-law is a failure! Happy now?

Oh, one more thing, can you DM me her phone number?

Old 06-28-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
OK OK, you're sister in-law is a failure! Happy now?

Oh, one more thing, can you DM me her phone number?
Good for you that you go through life hating women so openly. Im sure things are working out well for you!

Or maybe not, so you wouldnt be asking the number of a dumb stranger online

Old 06-28-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Are you referring to a Kardashian?
She certainly could pass for a Kardashian, her features are very similar to the kardashians.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:29 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Actually, some people find her WHAT A WOMAN MUST BE, and i find that AT LEAST insulting.

Apparently, its ok to insult all women in one post and no woman OR men would come up and say anything.

Yeah, this particular woman is dumb
So are many other women or men in other threads started by other people
People are dumb
But to get a response about how she is a REAL WOMAN and how all the woman that arent dumb are LESS OF A WOMAN is frankly completely insulting and abhorrent.

I never expected the kind of responses i got in the end, of people LOVING a type like that because THATS WHAT WOMEN SHOULD BE.

Imagine if it were the opposite gender. You cant because it would NEVER happen.
This forum is full of idiots. LOL, that much should be evident. Don't take what you read here for gospel. Most level headed fair minded people aren't going to think the bolded portion.

You can always find kooks on the Net that just sit around and wait to say the dumbest crap there is hoping that someone gets worked up over it. That kind of behavior is so far past pathetic that I can't think of an appropriate word to describe it. It's pathetic to the point that people like that that feel the need to act that way actually need some compassion.

Life produces defects, those are some human defects.

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-28-2017 at 05:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships