Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:26 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,911,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Maybe they did not want to disturb the baby with taking pictures? Maybe it is sick and needs to be mostly in its little bed and the very few moments they can hold it they rather do that than taking pictures? Maybe it has problems and has tubes connected?
Disturb the baby by taking photos? Hummm....then wouldn't you just take one or two and send those out...not duck lip selfies about looking glam in labor? Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 09:26 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,216,173 times
Quote:
Maybe they did not want to disturb the baby with taking pictures? Maybe it is sick and needs to be mostly in its little bed and the very few moments they can hold it they rather do that than taking pictures? Maybe it has problems and has tubes connected?
Perhaps.

But, if the baby is sick why would Mom & Dad take and send numerous photographs of themselves? Esp, of Mom making "duck lips" and trying to look "sexy" after the birth (according to the OP)?

The OP said that the baby looked "adorable" in the few pictures that the new parents sent that included the baby and did not mention any tubes.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:28 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,340,106 times
Quote:
Oh, eve! You didn't see the post that mentioned the new mom boasting about still being 'glam' and what not???

Old 07-12-2017, 12:40 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,661,777 times
Quote:
Disturb the baby? If the baby is sleeping, you can take a photo on your phone with mute on so there's no clicking sound. Chances are low that the baby was having a health issue or else the parents would probably have been more attentive. These were the type of people where the world revolves around them.....the duck face selfie crowd. They're in for a rude awakening with a baby!

Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,340,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Disturb the baby? If the baby is sleeping, you can take a photo on your phone with mute on so there's no clicking sound. Chances are low that the baby was having a health issue or else the parents would probably have been more attentive. These were the type of people where the world revolves around them.....the duck face selfie crowd. They're in for a rude awakening with a baby!
Nah. Those types usually have doting parents waiting in the wings to rescue them, take on the responsibility of childcare, so duck face self and twin can continue their narcissistic pursuits.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,463,755 times
Baby is thankfully healthy. Cute baby, not any issues that were mentioned.

Mom and dad sent a "going home" update standing in the baby's room-- several pics of them by the crib, pointing out various features of the room. Again, baby is nowhere in sight. It was only when someone jokingly said "did you really HAVE a baby? Seriously girl, it looks like you are just making it up unless you show us the kid!" did the baby in the crib/baby going home pics appear.

I am now convinced that the parents are clueless as to the fact that people would rather see the baby than them.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:58 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,894,857 times
Quote:
Generally speaking, when a newborn is ill or has something, it's an extremely distressing thing. Most parents are not going to be posting selfies after selfies. I've seen just about all do post pics of their baby, tubes and all, asking for prayers. The OP WILL know if the baby is down like that.

Otherwise, new technologies made cameras very stealth, very easy to take w/o disturbing anyone. If a baby is disturbed, it's because the parents are postioning the baby for that portrait perfect pic.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:25 PM

1,020 posts, read 811,511 times
I suspect it's just part of selfie-culture, but hey, it could be worse...my cousin (who I only met once in my life, so we were in no way close), sent a DVD of the birth. The actual birth. I can't even imagine. I didn't watch it, but I was told it left nothing to the imagination.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:09 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,463,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post
I suspect it's just part of selfie-culture, but hey, it could be worse...my cousin (who I only met once in my life, so we were in no way close), sent a DVD of the birth. The actual birth. I can't even imagine. I didn't watch it, but I was told it left nothing to the imagination.
Oh. My.

WOW. That is a new one on me. I am sorry this happened to you and glad you didn't watch it! You can't un-see that. In this case, I am sure that if the birth video happened, mom would be appropriately groomed/bleached and dad would be narrating with details of his own prowess at conception....

Old 07-12-2017, 03:35 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,029,312 times
ok ok. i was just looking for an explanation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships