Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 09:04 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,382,888 times

Advertisements

idk what it is. I've always feel like an outsider to my family, like a black sheep. It's like they have their own clique among the family members while I'm off trying to figure out life on my own. I was the only to be born with a disability on both parents' side of the family. Within the circle of my parents and siblings, I always feel lept out of the loop. They don't seem to care and treat me like I'm beneath them. Example, my mom helped others in the family get a job in the company she works that paids well, but not me.

And my family knows my struggles of not having close friends and don't bother asking me ro come along to a party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 09:15 PM

226 posts, read 216,201 times
It doesn't sound like you are narcissistic or self centered. It sounds like you have some rude people in your family. The older I get the less inclined I am to give a hoot about what other people think but I have also learned that when I DO care about someone's behavior toward me the best thing to do is just ask. Why don't you ask your mother, in a non-confrontational manner, why she hasn't helped you with your job situation. Ask why you weren't invited to the party. I find that when I ask someone a direct question they usually have no choice but to give me a direct answer. Try not to put them on the defensive about it because you will get more information having a discussion rather than having a fight.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:16 AM

I had asked my mom about the job situation, she thinks I'm not physically strong enough to do the job since its a bit labor intensive. I do have health issus but I shouldn't use that as an excuse not to give something a chance that I've never done before.

And its not the first time I wasn't invited along to a party. I tried talking to them about it and they don't seem to care to leave me out

Old 08-30-2017, 06:35 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,317,872 times
Your moms reasons do sound reasonable. If you got hurt the company will be held responsible. I am sorry about your siblings not inviting you to a party though.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:12 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,096,922 times
if I remember correctly, you have opened numerous threads about weird people (druggies, criminals) you hang out with. Maybe that's why your family doesn't want you around or invites you, they are worried you bring the scum with you.

I do not think you are self centered. Rather the opposite, you seem to obsess over other people's life too much.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
if I remember correctly, you have opened numerous threads about weird people (druggies, criminals) you hang out with. Maybe that's why your family doesn't want you around or invites you, they are worried you bring the scum with you.

I do not think you are self centered. Rather the opposite, you seem to obsess over other people's life too much.
For the record, i no longer associate with those weird people. And I never bring anyone around bc i dont any close friends

Old 08-30-2017, 09:47 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,096,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
For the record, i no longer associate with those weird people. And I never bring anyone around bc i dont any close friends
maybe your family didn't get the memo yet. Or you have been telling them all the loser/drugs/drinking/prison stories and they don't wanna hear it anymore.

Didn't you state somewhere you are so annoyed at your drinking friend that you drink too much also? Maybe you have been acting out too much while drunk.

Just a wild guess. Without knowing you personally, it is tough to guess why your family doesn't want you around. But if everyone gets along except you, I would conclude you have to take a look at yourself.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:14 AM

351 posts, read 486,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
idk what it is. I've always feel like an outsider to my family, like a black sheep. It's like they have their own clique among the family members while I'm off trying to figure out life on my own. I was the only to be born with a disability on both parents' side of the family. Within the circle of my parents and siblings, I always feel lept out of the loop. They don't seem to care and treat me like I'm beneath them. Example, my mom helped others in the family get a job in the company she works that paids well, but not me.

And my family knows my struggles of not having close friends and don't bother asking me ro come along to a party
How old are you and your siblings?

Old 08-30-2017, 10:39 AM

6,328 posts, read 4,246,023 times
well it sounds like there is much more to this than you were willing to share. If the other info is correct then it seems to me you are seeking validation that your family is mean for no reason?

It sounds to me there are a lot of complex reasons why it wasn't wise you work at her company. As for siblings leaving you out, that hurts but again there seems to be some details left out.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
maybe your family didn't get the memo yet. Or you have been telling them all the loser/drugs/drinking/prison stories and they don't wanna hear it anymore.

Didn't you state somewhere you are so annoyed at your drinking friend that you drink too much also? Maybe you have been acting out too much while drunk.

Just a wild guess. Without knowing you personally, it is tough to guess why your family doesn't want you around. But if everyone gets along except you, I would conclude you have to take a look at yourself.
My parents & siblings are friends with the people I'm referring to. Yeah I drink because of health issues and my eyesight is one of them. I don't want my vision to get so bad I can't drive anymore. That would leave me more isolated than I already am.

My whole family driinks socially. I may have 1-2 drinks in front of my parents but never get drunk around them

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
How old are you and your siblings?
My sister is 1.5years younger, my bro is 6.5years younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
well it sounds like there is much more to this than you were willing to share. If the other info is correct then it seems to me you are seeking validation that your family is mean for no reason?

It sounds to me there are a lot of complex reasons why it wasn't wise you work at her company. As for siblings leaving you out, that hurts but again there seems to be some details left out.
Maybe so.... yeah it hurts when my siblings leave me out of things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships