Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 12:14 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times

Advertisements

To the person who informed me in a reputation comment that coming onto one's property is perfectly legal if you inform the owner ahead of time:

Please provide me with the relevant cite from the OP's state which bolsters your comment. And stop sending anonymous messages through reps. This behavior in general has gotten way out of hand -- we're here for public discussion, not private digs.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:46 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Apparently she couldn't, because her former friend hung up on her, after notifying her she was coming over to get the furniture.
Well, that's what the OP said but has not answered questions about the conversation before that time. We've seen her odd opinion that after a certain, undetermined time another person's belongings become yours if you've held onto them long enough.

I suspect she told her old friend that she was keeping the furniture whether the rightful owner liked it or not. At that point why argue on the phone? Just go get your stuff!

Old 02-21-2018, 08:25 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Move on. This is not a friend, and it's frikken patio furniture, for God's sake.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:26 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia View Post
Am I wrong for feeling that way?
No...you're not wrong....
You're a perfect example of "no good deed goes undone"....sorry

Old 02-22-2018, 10:35 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia View Post

Anyway, after she left we communicated for a little bit but she must of got busy because she just stopped answering my calls, texts, fb messages etc. Fast forward 3 years and out of the blue I get a call from her. Not asking to catch up or anything but just to say she moved back and was going to pick up her patio furniture.

I tried to talk to her but she just hung up. About an hour later she and I guess her boyfriend come and take it, she didn't even knock it just looked out my window and the furniture is being loaded up.
Look, OP, *something* happened or was said at that time that caused her to stop communicating with you. She didn't just get busy. That is made plain by her refusing to discuss it on the phone and when she and boyfriend showed up to take the furniture. Or when you "tried to talk to her" there was more said than you are telling us.

You did a good deed by keeping the furniture for her but you got something out of it because you had the pleasure of use of the furniture for several years. It wasn't just piled up somewhere taking up space. We can nit pick all day long about whose furniture it was at that point or "legalities," etc.

Her coming to pick it up with nary a thanks was a jerk move but I think there's more to this than has met our eyes here.

Regardless, the friend is gone (and hadn't been a *friend* for several years), the furniture is gone ... you're righteously pissed, irritated, indignant, bewildered, [fill in the blank] ... get on with your life.

Forget it, Jake. It's patio furniture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships