Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 07:50 PM

140 posts, read 71,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Don't cry for me Argentina, I'll be just fine.
Don't worry too much about that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 04:28 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny4YourThoughts View Post
Don't worry too much about that
I'm not worried at all in fact I couldn't care less

Old 03-17-2018, 01:49 PM

3,076 posts, read 1,684,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post

We were in the local hardware big box store a few weeks ago and spotted him in the lumber section. He was livid, lambasting an employee with all manner of insults both personal and racist. The employee seemed understandably flustered. The contractor was bright red, veins sticking out, furious.

I have taken him off of my list of bidders as his entire demeanor was totally unprofessional at the store. A friend had him bidding for some work for her and I told her the story. She didn't seem phased and says its all about his bottom line. For me, he seems to have some anger issues and I don't want to potentially deal with that, and what he said to the employee was ugly and inexcusable. There are other fish in the sea as they say.

Would you hire someone like this? Would their public racist rant bother you?
The rant likely would not deter me. Any decisions I would make on a bidder would have to do entirely with his reputation as a contractor (including any complaints in people skills), and his schedule and availability. There are a lot of flaky contractors out there and you need a reputable one (and I assume you've been looking into this).

But I can understand getting spooked by witnessing one's bad side.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:12 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,509,376 times
I would take him off the list. He sounds like a loose cannon- unpredictable and inappropriate. Ethically, I'd have a problem with his public presentation. It's one thing to hold beliefs that I disagree with. It's quite another to publicly lambast someone in an aggressive way. People I hire to do work for me are representing me in some fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships