Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:34 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
You know kids don't only eat at home or in front of their parents, right?
Where else can they eat so the parents don't have any control? Maybe it's time for some "parents" to wear their big boy pants and start PARENTING their kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 09:02 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Where else can they eat so the parents don't have any control? Maybe it's time for some "parents" to wear their big boy pants and start PARENTING their kids?
Friend's house
Grandparent's house
Other parent's house such as a divorced couple or never married couple
Aunt's/uncle's house

Depending on their age, they can go out and eat such as teens. They go to the mall, gas stations, grocery store, and restaurants. Even as a 5 year old, I would go to the corner store and get a 25 cent bag of chips when I'd go to my grandparents house.

Parents aren't with their children 24/7.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Friend's house
Grandparent's house
Other parent's house such as a divorced couple or never married couple
Aunt's/uncle's house

Depending on their age, they can go out and eat such as teens. They go to the mall, gas stations, grocery store, and restaurants. Even as a 5 year old, I would go to the corner store and get a 25 cent bag of chips when I'd go to my grandparents house.

Parents aren't with their children 24/7.
The kid is not becoming fat in one day. You can see the development. And then you start to act.
You as a parent tell the grandparent that the kids cannot eat such and such, you tell his friend's parents the same.
You would tell them if they allergic to nuts, right? So sugar is the same.

About malls and restaurants: The kid is not allowed to go to there unsupervised by adult if his weight is more than such and such.
Tough? Yes, very tough. But this is parenting.

Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,572,494 times
Quote:
The kid is not becoming fat in one day. You can see the development. And then you start to act.
You as a parent tell the grandparent that the kids cannot eat such and such, you tell his friend's parents the same.
You would tell them if they allergic to nuts, right? So sugar is the same.

About malls and restaurants: The kid is not allowed to go to there unsupervised by adult if his weight is more than such and such.
Tough? Yes, very tough. But this is parenting.
Yet another installment from the jail warden . This has no basis in reality concerning the girl in this thread. She has a serious illness which is causing the weight issue. Not the other way around. You are no help at all, only a hindrance. But you have your mind made up that you "know" what ails her when you really don't have a clue at all. There are physical issues that can cause a person to gain weight while eating sensibly. If I had to be around you for long I would overeat just to cope.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Yet another installment from the jail warden . This has no basis in reality concerning the girl in this thread. She has a serious illness which is causing the weight issue. Not the other way around. You are no help at all, only a hindrance. But you have your mind made up that you "know" what ails her when you really don't have a clue at all. There are physical issues that can cause a person to gain weight while eating sensibly. If I had to be around you for long I would overeat just to cope.
I'm not a jail warden. I just want my kids to be healthy and no second best socially.

Those illnesses are extremely rare. Only 300 kids are diagnosed in a year nationwide. A lot of other people are using those extra rare diseases, "genes", "big bones" as an excuse. Stop this<bleep> . There were no fat people in Auschwitz.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-18-2018 at 05:41 AM..

Old 03-16-2018, 02:57 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,572,494 times
Quote:
There were no fat people in Auschwitz.
Of course there weren't.

They were on a starvation diet including at times bread made partially with sawdust. Not only were they starving, but they were made to do hard physical labor all the while not being clothed properly in winter. You would probably call this "tough love", or a great idea for a camp for overweight teens (sarcasm).

You comparing known metabolic issues such as Hypothyroidism with the Holocaust is mind boggling. The thyroid gland "can be" influenced by puberty, pregnancy, and menopause.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:37 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,908 times
Once the issue of Nazi's are raised, the person that brings that into a debate... automatically loses.

No longer can that person be taken seriously.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Of course there weren't.

They were on a starvation diet including at times bread made partially with sawdust. Not only were they starving, but they were made to do hard physical labor all the while not being clothed properly in winter. You would probably call this "tough love", or a great idea for a camp for overweight teens (sarcasm).

You comparing known metabolic issues such as Hypothyroidism with the Holocaust is mind boggling. The thyroid gland "can be" influenced by puberty, pregnancy, and menopause.
So it's a very clear proof that people CAN lose weight even with "metabolic issues". They just need to work harder.
As a person who gets 5 pounds only because of walking across a bakery, I know that I need to work harder than others. But that what needs to be done.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:50 AM

741 posts, read 590,524 times
Quote:
So it's a very clear proof that people CAN lose weight even with "metabolic issues". They just need to work harder.
As a person who gets 5 pounds only because of walking across a bakery, I know that I need to work harder than others. But that what needs to be done.
Seriously. Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:44 PM

638 posts, read 529,619 times
Came for an update and found a moron suggesting concentration camps for overweight children with disabilities. Jesus Christ.

More importantly, many people who survived Auschwitz did get fat later. Thank goodness. I'd rather be fat than dead. Way, way rather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships