Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 02:21 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,757,021 times

Advertisements

I'd park in his spot, LOL! No really though, you've played nice and he's still doing it. You're done playing nice. Next time he does it file an official complaint with the HOA and do so every time he does it after.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:40 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,091,750 times
Sounds like the board members on HOA are afraid to take this guy on and hope the issue goes away. Why have to make three attempts with this man. After the first time or two when you already talked with the guy and notified HOA they still want you to follow a process. This is what you pay your HOA dues for so that disagreements such as this will be resolved. Good Luck with this.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:48 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,704,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
We just moved into a little villa that we love but our elderly neighbor keeps parking in our assigned spot. Each resident is assigned 2 spots and overflow parking in close lot. The first time he parked in our spot while were in the parking lot. My husband later asked him nicely for his spot back. He moved and I thought we had the issue resolved.

Today, he parked in husband's spot and left his two spots vacant. I went over there and asked him if knew they were our spots and he said yes. I told him that we need those spots available for us at all times. He said that he was used to parking there because the last owner was never home (vacation property) He said it was hard to break habits. I said yep, but we need our spots. The whole time we had been there, he had been testing us. He takes other peoples spots too, but nobody ever says anything to him. He said that he would take care of it and then I heard him mutter, "Be a good neighbor, b*tch". I couldn't believe he was so rude! When he finally moved, I parked my car in both spots!!

What should I do if this happens again? I'm not out to make enemies here, but I paid for those spots.

Let the manager handle it, that is what we do where we live. We also have assigned parking, and I used to just block the offender in, but now I let the office handle it.

That is what they get paid for.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:36 PM

20,365 posts, read 19,975,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
What's the big deal? He's an old man, leave him be. Just park in his spots and get on with your life.
Is that how you deal with someone who bullies you over taking what's yours?

Good luck with that.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:20 PM

13,288 posts, read 8,488,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Good luck with that.
It's yours if you can take it with you to the grave or after life. Learned that this delusion of ownership has caused more angst and social upheaval then necessary.

If a piece of macadam is that precious ....gosh help em.

Very few battles are fought anymore...unless it's life threatening.

Sure this elder could get a refresher course in civility...

Old 06-21-2018, 04:23 PM

9,891 posts, read 7,781,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
Nope. My spot is right in front of his villa. Thats why he likes to put there.
Okay, that seems very bizarre to me. Of course he would want to park in front of his villa.

Why in the world isn't that his spot?

Does someone else have the spot in front of your villa?

Seems like a bad parking design.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:41 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,069,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Good luck with that.
I pick my battles, being mean and hateful to an elderly man is not one of them.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,730,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Okay, that seems very bizarre to me. Of course he would want to park in front of his villa.

Why in the world isn't that his spot?

Does someone else have the spot in front of your villa?

Seems like a bad parking design.
It probably depends on how close the villas are together. My old complex had some townhouses that didn't have garages, but instead had two parking spaces in front of the houses. Since the townhouses were all 'joined up together' in a row, that meant eventually, the parking spaces didn't align with the front of the homes. Home 1 would, Home 2 mostly would, Home 3 halfway would, Home 4 mostly wouldn't, and Home 5 wouldn't at all. In another area of the complex, it would be one of your assigned parking spaces would be in front of the house, but the other would be across the way.

However it is, it doesn't matter--I'm pretty sure that everybody who bought into the OP's complex was advised upon showing where their parking spots would be. If they had objections, they didn't have to buy. The elderly neighbor did so years ago, so he can deal with it.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:52 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,730,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
I pick my battles, being mean and hateful to an elderly man is not one of them.
Did you completely miss the part where the elderly man was mean and hateful to the OP first, when all she did was ask him to not take their parking spaces?

Did you also miss that he does this to other people living in the complex?

Old 06-21-2018, 05:01 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,069,123 times
^Yes, I read the OP. This is the way I would handle the situation. I'm not looking for an argument. I'm done here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships