Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 07:08 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,507,885 times

Advertisements

The solution is to cover any gaps in the fence slats for the remainder of the time in that location. With a move coming up soon, this is a short term problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 10:01 AM

102,447 posts, read 108,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
OP, you're moving soon. Give it a rest.
No, no! No rest! We're having too much fun, here!

Fake eyeballs,HAHAHAHAHAHA! You guys are killing me!

Old 07-07-2019, 01:48 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,712,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileytinn View Post
I have an old, thick wooden fence with slight gaps so people are able to watch each other through them. I am surrounded by 4 different neighbors. 2 of them work pretty regularly so aren't a problem.

Neighbor 1 lives in the back. Not sure if he's a NEET or just works at home but he's in the backyard all day and has a dog that barks constantly. He just moved there a couple of months ago.

Neighbor 2 lives on the side. He used to work pretty regularly (and I think lived alone for the most part). Not sure what happened but now he has a few women of various ages living with him and he has constructed a pool in his backyard where they all hang out pretty regularly for a majority of the day. He doesn't seem to work as much and comes home pretty early.

Neighbor 1 is annoying but seems to mind his own business. Neighbor 2 and his co-inhabitants are the problem. They watch me from their pool and comment to each other about me and it's pretty uncomfortable. I love being in my backyard but now I can't go out there without fear of being watched.

I can't complain too much though because I will be moving soon. If I wasn't I'd be putting burlap, tarp or some other material on the fence to erase visibility.

Just wanted to get this off my chest and also to ask, does anyone else have creepy or weird neighbors? I seem to have a history of weirdos. At the last place I lived my back of house neighbors had kids that never went to school, just bounced on their trampoline all day and never let their dog inside and let it bark constantly. I honestly can't understand people like this. So frustrating!!!

Well, quit sunbathing Au Naturale, and I bet they stop.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:06 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,180,869 times
We have a lot of houses near to each other around here, especially the ones that used to be part of the sugar cane plantation housing. When folks wanted to keep the neighbors further away, they'd plant bougainvillea along the fence since it has lots of stickers to go along with the pretty flowers. Not sure if that would work in your area, but hedges along with fences are a good thing.

What goes around comes around, so be careful about what you're putting out there.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:11 PM

522 posts, read 1,432,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileytinn View Post
I have an old, thick wooden fence with slight gaps so people are able to watch each other through them. I am surrounded by 4 different neighbors. 2 of them work pretty regularly so aren't a problem.

Neighbor 1 lives in the back. Not sure if he's a NEET or just works at home but he's in the backyard all day and has a dog that barks constantly. He just moved there a couple of months ago.

Neighbor 2 lives on the side. He used to work pretty regularly (and I think lived alone for the most part). Not sure what happened but now he has a few women of various ages living with him and he has constructed a pool in his backyard where they all hang out pretty regularly for a majority of the day. He doesn't seem to work as much and comes home pretty early.

Neighbor 1 is annoying but seems to mind his own business. Neighbor 2 and his co-inhabitants are the problem. They watch me from their pool and comment to each other about me and it's pretty uncomfortable. I love being in my backyard but now I can't go out there without fear of being watched.

I can't complain too much though because I will be moving soon. If I wasn't I'd be putting burlap, tarp or some other material on the fence to erase visibility.

Just wanted to get this off my chest and also to ask, does anyone else have creepy or weird neighbors? I seem to have a history of weirdos. At the last place I lived my back of house neighbors had kids that never went to school, just bounced on their trampoline all day and never let their dog inside and let it bark constantly. I honestly can't understand people like this. So frustrating!!!
Just came across this post randomly, but YES, I have a creepy neighbor who watches me and it bugs the sh## out of me! Sounds like you live in an apt complex? To have so many, and so many single, people with nothing better to do. I rent a house, but also, I choose where I live VERY carefully because of things that are important to me, like my privacy! Not sure what's wrong with people like your- our-- neighbors.. I mean, how can they NOT know its rude and that it makes people uncomfortable??
I am an extreme night person, so whenever I'm looking for a place to live, I make sure theres sufficient space for me to live freely WITHOUT disturbing others because I recognize that most people are sleeping when I like to be out in my yard. It's just common courtesy that people lack, it seems to me.
My suggestion: find a small decorative mirror for your yard, and position it to reflect your neighbor..lol, let me know if it works for you as well as it has for me!

Old 07-07-2019, 05:29 PM

161 posts, read 127,707 times
OP- If it helps, I guess you are not alone in how you feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvA...t_radio=1&t=82

Old 07-07-2019, 08:05 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,618,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... but you're right. Easily avoiding unnecessary feuds with the neighbor by being just a little friendly... does make life more enjoyable.
I'm being completely serious. I find that by faking it, you can sometimes look at this person in a different way, and that allows you to discard many preconceived notions about them, and it's possible that you even begin to like this person. Ignoring them, or feuding with them, eliminates that possibility.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:13 PM

89,088 posts, read 85,693,873 times
I like the idea of digging holes in the backyard and then dragging out what appears to be heavy black plastic bags and burying them. Maniacal laughter would help while you're doing this.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:25 AM

3,594 posts, read 2,728,459 times
Well, you don’t have a privacy fence, so don’t expect privacy.

Old 07-08-2019, 06:04 AM

6,670 posts, read 5,088,704 times
For those accusing the OP of watching/listening to the neighbors, my lot is 1/5 of an acre, 60' wide, and I can sometimes hear my neighbors INSIDE their house. I can almost always hear them if we are all outside. I don't want to listen, sometimes it's only the drone of a voice, but sometimes words and phrases jump out at you. I am constantly telling friends to keep their voices down especially if it's a Sunday morning and things tend to be quiet - sound really travels! I find keeping music on low when I'm on the deck helps down out some sounds.

OP, I was going to suggest a tarp or sheet on the fence, but since you're moving don't worry about it! Good luck at your next place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships