Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:43 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Minor vent for me: Why do people stick their tongue out in photos and think it is funny? I think it looks stupid and disgusting. There is nothing amusing or attractive about looking at someone's tongue and the goofy expression on their face.
Agree! I see it on dating sites all the time. That and women with just weird expressions. Who thinks that's cute???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 02:44 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
When people block the supermarket aisle with their carts and are oblivious to others who are trying to get by.
This is a big one for me too! I tend to give them very dirty looks.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:54 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Adding to blocked aisles... When the employees are stocking shelves at 7am, blocking almost every aisle with pallets and boxes. Why can't the stores have workers do this while they're closed instead of making it almost impossible for customers to do their shopping?
They do have them do it while the store's closed. Typically the merchandisers work all night long restocking and resetting shelves. Sometimes it bleeds over into open hours.

There are also aisles that are restocked by product reps instead of store employees. Those people come in when the store is open.

Old 10-30-2019, 03:13 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon1 View Post
When people block the supermarket aisle with their carts and are oblivious to others who are trying to get by.
I encounter this often. Even worse is when two friends run into each other and they all decide to stop in the aisles of the store for a chat To add to this affront our local Kroger stores now have pick-up. Store employees go through the store with giant oversized carts picking up the groceries and blocking aisles without even trying.

Old 10-30-2019, 03:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Agree! I see it on dating sites all the time. That and women with just weird expressions. Who thinks that's cute???
RIGHT.

I have a very good friend who has the CUTEST daughter who is now a young adult in college. I have known them since the daughter was a little bitty girl. Anyway, she's truly a beautiful young woman - but in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE of her on social media, she's doing the duck lip thing. WHAT ON EARTH? I honestly do not get it. STOP IT.

Old 11-01-2019, 12:43 AM

1,350 posts, read 820,127 times
Small vent

How come at the bottom of these pages, where it says Similar Threads, I click on one and they are ALL from 2008?

Old 11-02-2019, 06:52 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,413,789 times
Neighbor with a loud engine/muffler? who starts his car like 10 minutes before actually leaving. I can feel the vibrations in my body the entire time and of course hear the noise.

When I'm going somewhere, I get in my car and leave right then. There's no reason at all to keep a car running for 10 minutes, except maybe on the coldest winter day to warm it up, which is not the case now.

I've noticed this habit with other people with loud cars, trucks and motorcycles. It's mind boggling to me.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:00 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,056,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
RIGHT.

I have a very good friend who has the CUTEST daughter who is now a young adult in college. I have known them since the daughter was a little bitty girl. Anyway, she's truly a beautiful young woman - but in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE of her on social media, she's doing the duck lip thing. WHAT ON EARTH? I honestly do not get it. STOP IT.

Just rest your mind, knowing that years from now, her kids and grandkids will be howling with laughter looking at those pics.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:13 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,640,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Maybe a not so minor vent; people that ask questions on social media that can be answered faster, and probably more accurately, via a quick search. I belong to a local FB group that focuses on stuff happening in our city/county. People constantly ask questions like, "Anyone know the weather for next weekend? and "What time does xyz open?" I have to refrain from repeatedly responding with "Google is your friend."
I have to admit, this one gets to me too. There is this community-wide software called NextDoor that offers a way for community members to communicate things of interest about the immediate neighborhood.

I get really tired of reading things like, “Anyone know a good roofer?”

One of the nice things about that forum is that it has an entire section devoted to rating local retailers, service providers, etc. Just search the word roofer and it comes right up with neighborhood rankings by number of positive referrals. I don’t know if it’s laziness, ignorance or what but it is irritating.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:20 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,030,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I encounter this often. Even worse is when two friends run into each other and they all decide to stop in the aisles of the store for a chat To add to this affront our local Kroger stores now have pick-up. Store employees go through the store with giant oversized carts picking up the groceries and blocking aisles without even trying.
Welcome to Florida during season. I used to be nice and say excuse me. Now it’s, “ Hey Bernice, can ya get the hell outta the way?!?!” Yeah, I know not nice but you get fed up dealing with this every time you go to the store and it doesn’t matter what time of day you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships