Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 06:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you!

Hell, for all I know these kids all feel sorry for "the old lady on the hill." OK by me! (I'm not that old, but I'm sure they think I am ancient.)
I can't remember what the situation was but it was a case of having to "go talk to the kids to lay down the law."

Like you, I was refreshingly surprised at how well it went.

Gives on faith for the future.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 07:48 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times
I'm so glad things are turning out better for you. Whew.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:37 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you!

Hell, for all I know these kids all feel sorry for "the old lady on the hill." OK by me! (I'm not that old, but I'm sure they think I am ancient.)
Glad to hear everything is getting better and you are really enjoying the new house and neighborhood LOL anyone over 30 is ancient to kids that age!

Old 11-13-2019, 01:48 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
I have a cousin with a neighbor who steals things lying in people's yards, and in open cars...not expensive stuff, but stuff that there's zero point in stealing, like the mats on car floors that keep the mud off the floors. My cousin has a big dog. One day his neighbor stole his "Pooper Scooper," cleaned it, and returned it a few days later. The neighbor doesn't have a dog, or any pets. He just, apparently, stole the thing to clean it and gave it back, leaving on their lawn a few days later.

Before that my cousin was considering moving into another house. The woman who was selling it was selling it because she disliked frogs and she could hear frogs at night there, supposedly.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:08 PM

351 posts, read 270,847 times
Sounds like nightmare neighbors to me.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:13 PM

339 posts, read 148,256 times
This thread makes me think I need to go live out in Montana with no neighbors for miles! LoL~

Old 11-15-2019, 03:40 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Yep definitely would stop children playing on your property for liability reasons. They get hurt on your property guess who the parents will go after. Saw it happen in my old neighbourhood.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Update - it's been over a week now and the kids have all stayed off my driveway and out of my yard other than running into it to get a ball thrown from the street or another yard. I'm fine with that!

I have to say that so far, without exception, the neighborhood kids have been very polite, sweet, and obedient. I like that.

The other day my doorbell rang over and over again. It was two little girls from my street. First they brought me cookies, then some little drawings they'd done, and then some flowers. I stood and talked with them for a long time and they are just the sweetest things! Maybe they feel sorry for me or something, who knows, but they are super cute.

Old 11-16-2019, 09:53 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,910,508 times
You know what, I just thought of something. It kind of seems like these kids were starved for some direction. And ready to listen to you. And may even be lacking appropriate attention and see that they are getting this good attention from you. All the little things they bring you and you actually speak to them, probably look them in the eye and are really "there" when you are there with them.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petsandgardens View Post
You know what, I just thought of something. It kind of seems like these kids were starved for some direction. And ready to listen to you. And may even be lacking appropriate attention and see that they are getting this good attention from you. All the little things they bring you and you actually speak to them, probably look them in the eye and are really "there" when you are there with them.
Could be, who knows?

They really do seem like good kids though. Another thing I've noticed is when the boys are playing outside with the football, invariably some dad will come along, walking their dog or whatever, and they will stop and throw the ball for the boys, which they love.

When we moved in, we had a lot of goodies and little notes delivered to our door by various little kids and I thought that was really sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships