Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 08:06 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Are you on any meds she could be stealing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 09:02 AM

4,188 posts, read 3,401,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Sounds like she's what's known as a piece of work.
You should have terminated her her first month. Lying on pay sheets, that's called stealing. And don't take the hit for her if Medicaid ever audits.
F bombs since she started?
Drinks heavily?
Gossips?
Leaving early?

"Ann, I'm going to look for new help. Your services are no longer needed. That's all I'm going to say."

I would record this, I would do it over the phone, and I'd let Medicare or whoever her employer is know first, unless she's self-employed.

This is abuse. If you think she poses a physical risk to you, she probably does. And whoever replaces her needs to be aware, there is an unhinged person out there who may want revenge.
Times ten.

Old 10-30-2019, 12:41 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
If she’s employed by an agency you can just call them and tell them you want someone else. They will remove her from your case and assign you a new caregiver.
Actually, she was originally employed by an agency which is nationwide and is called Guardian Angels. I am outing them because they are a truly incompetent outfit. Before they sent me Anne, they sent me a woman who got busted for the possession of meth and before her they sent me a young woman who simply vanished off the face of the earth after 3 weeks. These things were the reason I signed up for the program I'm now in where I can directly hire or fire my own home healthcare workers.

I live in a very remote rural part of the Country, and it's very difficult to find reasonable help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
I would not allow her to come back to your physical facility. Pay her whatever you owe her. There are other better people you can find to work with you. If you let her back in even for one more day after you fire her, you might fear your physical safety in addition to your social well-being and your personal belongings as well.

Definitely don't offer to be a reference for her.
If she initiates asking for a reference, say yes and just give e-mail address only. Not a phone number or address.
If one of her referrers reaches out to you, give her a bad reference
Upon reflection, I am NOT going to offer her a reference. I could not in good conscience tell some other disabled person or anyone in need of even a temporary caregiver that Anne would be a good choice. She might be great to go bar hopping with, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Are you on any meds she could be stealing?
As a matter of fact, I am. But I keep all my prescriptions hidden away and keep close track of them. At least Anne hasn't stolen any of them - so far.

Old 10-30-2019, 01:26 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
So what happened when you fired her.

Old 10-30-2019, 01:42 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,284,398 times
OP, I would also consider having your locks changed, once you have fired her (or maybe even before).

Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,818,241 times
You fire someone by being honest and firm.
Whether you stay on good terms is up to them.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:36 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
If one of her referrers reaches out to you, give her a bad reference.
Nope, can't do that. By law you can only give dates of employment and if you would rehire them or not.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:41 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Nope, can't do that. By law you can only give dates of employment and if you would rehire them or not.
Nope, not illegal, though it may vary by state.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/wh...loyees-2059608

Old 11-05-2019, 10:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Good luck, op. Anne definitely needs to go. Something tells me that this won’t be the first time she’s been fired. I hope it goes well.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:50 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
I hope the OP comes back with an update on how it went!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships