Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 09:46 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,054,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Maybe the two of you are just very similar in likes, dislikes, motivations, etc so you tend to end up doing the same things, in the same places, etc.

It's an unusual coincidence, but having similar personalities might explain some of it.
I think this might have a LOT to do with it. You notice it because you noticed him the first time you ever saw him, and noted that he was good looking, so he stood out to you.

ALL THE TIME, I see people that I think I know from somewhere. I have no problem approaching these folks, to try and see if and how I might know them. More often than not, we can not place how I might know them. I'm good at remembering faces, but not remembering names. Who knows where I might've seen someone...and it just stuck in my head.

Could've been at the grocery store, could've been at the stoplight next to me, could've been in line in front of me at McDonald's...just...who knows?

You and this guy have similar interests (the gym) so it's not TOTALLY strange that you'd end up at the same gym, more often than not. The reasons you pick the particular gym you pick, might be the same reasons this person picks the same gym.

The reason you both end up in the grad school city might be because he was in grad school too, and that city has the programs you both have interest in, etc. But I think he stands out to you, because you've already noted that he's a good looking man...so you 'note' him wherever he is.

When I was a lot younger, I used to see this guy that I thought was super good looking, and I guess he felt the same about me. He used to drive one of those monster trucks, so he was easy enough to recognize around town, and I had a firebird that was an unusual color, so I was easy enough to recognize around town...and somehow we ALWAYS saw each other around town. We'd flirt, we'd wave, smile at each other, etc....but never ACTUALLY met.

One time, I was at a store with my mom, checking out. When we got to the car, my mom asked who the guy was that kept staring at me. I didn't know who she was talking about, until I saw him walk out of the store, staring toward MY car the whole time. I just had to laugh. I explained our "thing" to my mom. She thought it was ridiculous. LOL Why he didn't actually approach me...I don't know.

Another time, I was on a first date with the man who would become my first husband. We're at a bar, having a nice time, just talking and chatting. At some point, he got up to go to the bathroom, and when he gets up and leaves, there's THAT guy, sitting a table or two over, staring directly at me. I hadn't seen him earlier, because my date was blocking my view of him. Again...no direct contact. He didn't approach me, and I spent the rest of the evening trying to avoid his looks.

Just wasn't meant to be I guess. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships