Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 02:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Not a bad idea!
I think the poster was kidding and hope you are. You could find yourself violating some policy if you were to do this.

You owed her an apology and you offered her one. Let it go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 02:47 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
I do dumb things like that sometimes. Just let it go and don't say anything else about it. Next time maybe she'll proofread before hitting "send."

Signed,

Grammar Police Union Member

Old 12-23-2019, 03:00 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Just let it go. You didn't do anything wrong - she did.

Why do you feel the need to kiss her ass?
I, too, wonder why. Go along to get along?

Old 12-23-2019, 03:03 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think the poster was kidding and hope you are. You could find yourself violating some policy if you were to do this.

You owed her an apology and you offered her one. Let it go.
Yep. I was just kidding.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:06 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
You did your best to make amends. Whenever you can, support her. Have her back. I think she will ultimately see you in a more positive light.

If she never forgets, never gets over, and treats you poorly in spite of your efforts, just know that she is that type of person, and there is nothing you can do about it. It really is her problem.

Stuff like this happens. People disappoint. We all make mistakes.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:17 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,329,285 times
If it's her job to generate & distribute documents to your organization I would expect zero typos.

I don't think you owed her an apology.

She needs to be more professional all the way around.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
If it's her job to generate & distribute documents to your organization I would expect zero typos.

I would expect zero typos, as well, but she doesn't report to the OP and as bad as the mistakes are, it's impolite to point them out - and bad form when you've just started a job.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:58 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times
She's a moron for distributing something riddled with typos. What probably happened is that multiple people pointed out her typos.

Let it die down and forget it.

Chalk it up to occupational hazard.

Old 12-23-2019, 06:43 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,413,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post

This is what I thought as well. I don't even understand why you had to apologize, unless you said something really demeaning about the preparer of the document and the typos. She should be glad you pointed out her mistakes, so she has a chance to fix them for the next version.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:51 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,233,374 times
I don't see that you did anything wrong.
If something is distributed about the company, for use by employees of the company, as a company resource, then it represents the company. And so it seems reasonable to have it without errors, and it seems normal and natural for people to point out edits or corrections that are needed.

So I don't see that you did anything wrong. When i distribute things like that, i dont mind getting feedback about corrections that need to be made. the more eyes the better.

now if it was correcting something at work that was "personal" or not related to work, such as announcement for someone's retirement party, or congratulating someone for receiving an award, then it could be seen as inappropriate to point out errors. but that was not the case.

i think it's a great skill to be able to proofread. i worked for years as an editor, and in my current job as administrative support, i am the go-to person for proofreading and checking for errors. it is a good skill to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships