Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 01:49 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,010,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
When you know in your deepest soul that the person isn’t really a friend.
When the only time they connect with you is when they are in need.
When they have let you down every time you have counted on them and you have never let them down.....

But they really are lonely, or have health issues, and have run out of resources and they need your money, or for you to stop you life to take care of them — yes you have the ability to provide these things.

hHw do you deal with the struggle between compassion, enjoying your own life and preserving your own inner balance? I’m floundering.......and wondering why I feel guilt by avoiding this person’s phone calls.
You feel guilty because you actually cared about the person despite them treating you like they have.Now it's up to YOU to cut them out of your life.You must do this or else you will only be hurting yourself more and more.Love yourself before anyone and it will become easier to cut people like this(users)out of your life.It happens to a lot of us.You're not alone in this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 06:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Big time this.^^^^ Don't be a wuss. CUT THIS PERSON OFF IMMEDIATELY!!! This person is a leech and an anchor to your life.
Once or twice a year seeking advice?

Old 01-04-2020, 07:52 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,281,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
That’s what I have been doing for the past decade..... Thing is, she’ll still reach out and every time she does its never to check in and ask how I’m doing or just chat. Always wants something from me. So, she still sees me as a resource.

Why don't you just ask her why she only comes around when she wants something?

Then stop giving her stuff. That is not a friendship and you are not social services.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:23 AM

325 posts, read 163,889 times
when my ex told me she was tired of dealing with me LOL and she was treated good to. i simply told her the same thing and then told her i'm cutting my ties with you and hung up!!! simple as that

Old 01-05-2020, 11:42 AM

32,660 posts, read 48,079,532 times
If you stop providing money, rides, health care, meals, whatever it is that they need from you, you will soon find that they cut themselves from your life as they go to find someone else to leech off of. You won't have to cut them from your life, they will do it.

Users are pretty good at finding some one to use. They are also very accustomed to being cut off or refused and they deal with that easily because they have had lots of practice with being turned down.

Give it a try. You can still visit, provide company, but close up your wallet and the taxi service and see what happens.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:28 AM

325 posts, read 163,889 times
hell oregon
i wouldn't even bother to visit them as that might open up another can of worms!!! no thanks i'll run i'll run like hell like my hair was on fire first

Old 01-09-2020, 08:24 PM

609 posts, read 265,278 times
Lack of other friends can cause someone to remain with a person who is bad for them. The constant emphasis in our society on "forgiveness" can also make someone feel shame and guilt for cutting a person out of their life. They will be accused of holding a grudge if they cut someone out of their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships