Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 05:16 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Wait, you have told lies about him to your mother to purposely try to get her to hate him??? Why would you do that? That is majorly screwed up.
She already disliked him. That's nothing new and her ''I'll start to like him'' was a lie.
As soon as I fully recovered from my surgery, she reverted to a negative comments about him and admitted to never regretting making him cry once long ago, boasting about how proud she was in doing it. She brought it all back and in doing so, brought back the hurt/resentment I was trying to forget. I pretty much snapped. This is what I was thinking in mind at that moment:
''Sc*** this fake truce then, fine so you hate him and always will, then continue hating him. I don't care anymore if you guys don't get along; I'll have him all to myself now.''

I don't expect them to be great friends but like someone else mentioned, be cordial at least. She wasn't even doing that.

I'll make things right though. I do feel crappy about it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
There is serious dysfunction at play here. The OP is a compulsive liar, and has admitted to being an online troll.

What a waste of the one life you are given.
Ok yes I have a problem. I'll work on making things right again.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:01 AM

6,460 posts, read 3,983,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
She already disliked him. That's nothing new and her ''I'll start to like him'' was a lie.
As soon as I fully recovered from my surgery, she reverted to a negative comments about him and admitted to never regretting making him cry once long ago, boasting about how proud she was in doing it. She brought it all back and in doing so, brought back the hurt/resentment I was trying to forget. I pretty much snapped. This is what I was thinking in mind at that moment:
''Sc*** this fake truce then, fine so you hate him and always will, then continue hating him. I don't care anymore if you guys don't get along; I'll have him all to myself now.''

I don't expect them to be great friends but like someone else mentioned, be cordial at least. She wasn't even doing that.

I'll make things right though. I do feel crappy about it though.
You are the only person I know who deliberately made a bad situation worse instead of trying to improve it, who decided to make everyone in their life even more miserable.

Why are you worried about "having him all to yourself"? Is your mom trying to pull a Mrs. Robinson on you and take your boyfriend or something?

There isn't enough "WTF" for this whole situation. It can't be real. And if it is, methinks professional help is in order.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Why are you worried about "having him all to yourself"? Is your mom trying to pull a Mrs. Robinson on you and take your boyfriend or something?
This might sound twisted but within my anger, I was thinking of assuring she has very limited contact with my child should we ever have one as well as future social gatherings. Then the plan was making her believe that he's behind that and watch (while eating some popcorn) both sides continue the neverending feud. I was basically declaring a type of war on her at that moment for all the previous meddling and hurt feelings.....for ruining my relationship in the past. Sometimes I even blamed her for us not being married by now. We would've had a family already if it wasn't for her meddling. He was hurt once (long ago) and wanted to nearly give up the relationship because of her.

However, I'm not proceeding with it anymore. I will not tell him about it as that would be a total lost for me. I'll solve this issue instead and as I mentioned, make things right. This is my real life.

Someone mentioned again about the online trolling confession I've made somewhere in mid 2019. What does that have to do with my current situation? I'm talking about part of my life now.

Last edited by Laychick; 01-09-2020 at 07:38 AM..

Old 01-09-2020, 07:46 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,242,123 times
Quote:
I was thinking of assuring she has very limited contact with my child should we ever have one as well as future social gatherings. Then the plan was making her believe that he's behind that and watch (while eating some popcorn) both sides continue the neverending feud.
Whoa, girl, you have issues. If you want to estrange yourself from your mother, put on your big girl panties and do it. Don't "blame it on the boyfriend."

BTW, with this behavior, you might as well kiss that boyfriend goodbye. Ain't no way he's going to stay with this level of manipulation, so all of this is for naught.

You stepped in the ***** on purpose and should really figure out why you do that.

Old 01-09-2020, 02:03 PM

Just to give you all a heads up, I admitted all to her. I don't want this to go further nor get worse than it already is.

As mentioned, I'm looking forward to moving out. That's my goal for this year.

Old 01-09-2020, 04:04 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:

Someone mentioned again about the online trolling confession I've made somewhere in mid 2019. What does that have to do with my current situation? I'm talking about part of my life now.
It speaks to a pattern of negative, careless and self-sabotaging behaviour.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,134,378 times
Quote:

As mentioned, I'm looking forward to moving out. That's my goal for this year.

At age 31, that should have been your goal many years ago. Why is this year any different?

Old 01-13-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
At age 31, that should have been your goal many years ago. Why is this year any different?
I'm 32 now. I couldn't do it because I didn't have enough money. I'm still saving. All my money went towards college (I finish it at a late age of 28) and my surgery last year.
I have to admit, perhaps I should've spent it on moving out and then college. Oh well. I now have to save again.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:03 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
When you give into the temptation of lying to get yourself off the hook, or in order to manipulate someone, you are deadening your conscience. You are also destroying your credibility and trustworthiness.

The greatest damage is to yourself. Lying for gain is soul deadening. My advice is to tell the truth especially when you are tempted to lie your way out of an uncomfortable situation.

OP, I’m glad you’ e tried to make things right. Perhaps you need to ask yourself why you feel the need to manipulate people. This is akin to lying. Manipulation is a form of dishonesty.

Perhaps you need to do some self reflection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships