Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 02:02 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Crap on a cracker

I haven't heard that one in eons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 05:40 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Sounds like you probably could relate to your mother better than you think. Has it ever occurred to you that she likely has the same thought process?

Such a thought process is toxic.
Perhaps. She's stubborn till the end. I'm like that too sometimes.

Quote:
Wait, hold on!! You’re 32 and acting like this?!?! Crap on a cracker I thought you were 18-19 yrs old!! I don’t think you’re mature enough to handle a marriage and God forbid a child. Grow up first and then think about getting married and having kids.

If my 32 yr old acted like this Id get her professional help.
I think the issue is I've never known what it was like to really be independent. The more time I'm wasting with my parents and at a location I never wanted to be at, the worse. Sometimes I still feel as if I were in my early 20's. It's unfortunate I can't have my youth back.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:29 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,033,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I haven't heard that one in eons.
What I wanted to say would’ve landed me in Time Out.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Perhaps. She's stubborn till the end. I'm like that too sometimes.

I think the issue is I've never known what it was like to really be independent. The more time I'm wasting with my parents and at a location I never wanted to be at, the worse. Sometimes I still feel as if I were in my early 20's. It's unfortunate I can't have my youth back.
And whose fault is that? Who do you blame for being 32 and living at home acting like a teenager?

Old 01-20-2020, 11:07 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Those weren't little lies. And they were manipulative. You have no business getting married if this is how you handle situations as an adult.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:56 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,684,170 times
Quote:
My mom and bf haven't had the best relationship in the past. He had issues with her. Then again, my mom is prone to arguing with others so it's not new. Some people don't get along with her.

Recently I've been angry about several things; my parents' constant arguments and dysfunctional marriage, my mom lying in her promise ''I'm gonna start to like him (my bf)'' just because I was recovering from a surgery and things in the past.

My bf was previously hurt by my mother's awful treatment in the past but I elaborated the version and added things never said. I made her believe:
- Him saying: I only have your mom on my fb because of you, otherwise I hate her.
- That he really wanted to call her the b word and has said it to me.
- That he would be happy if she got excluded in our wedding.

At the moment the goal was to successfully have him all to myself if we get married (only have my grandma included, whom always liked him), expose her dislike towards him and her fake promise/truce and basically add more fuel to the fire. It was basically a ''screw it all, you don't have to fake it anymore and I don't care if you're not in my wedding, don't even come'' moment.
Let's see...

You're wrong to accuse her of "lying." That's very unreasonable of you. Maybe she did try to like him but finds he's an awful person.

So what if "some people don't get along with" your mother? She's not obliged to be chummy with the whole world.

You and your BF both sound so petty that it makes me wonder how old you are. By the way, apart from complaining that your mother isn't making enough effort to suit you - how much effort has your BF made to win her over?

Old 01-25-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
And whose fault is that? Who do you blame for being 32 and living at home acting like a teenager?
I'm working on making the changes this year.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
By the way, apart from complaining that your mother isn't making enough effort to suit you - how much effort has your BF made to win her over?
He gave up on impressing people (including my mother) a long while back. He now finds that a waste of time and not worth it anymore. His heart closed on people that hurt him in the past, on those that lied to him, never paid his money back or if it's someone he had too much trouble with. He doesn't want to deal with negativity.

If she doesn't like him, he doesn't care anymore. However, what he doesn't want is disrespect and if she ever directly insults him again (or is super antagonizing) like in the past, he's not going to be nice anymore. He's a believer that respect is mutual. His stance by now is an ''Respect me and we're ok, if you don't respect me then why should I respect you''.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
He gave up on impressing people (including my mother) a long while back. He now finds that a waste of time and not worth it anymore. His heart closed on people that hurt him in the past, on those that lied to him, never paid his money back or if it's someone he had too much trouble with. He doesn't want to deal with negativity.

If she doesn't like him, he doesn't care anymore. However, what he doesn't want is disrespect and if she ever directly insults him again (or is super antagonizing) like in the past, he's not going to be nice anymore. He's a believer that respect is mutual. His stance by now is an ''Respect me and we're ok, if you don't respect me then why should I respect you''.
All three of you need professional help.

Get out of your parents house, dump the boyfriend and GROW UP!! You have no right being in an adult relationship when you have zero idea how to act like an adult yourself.

Your bf is eliminating people from his life and creating boundaries. That sounds good, no need in keeping crappy people in your life. But this ‘you respect me I’ll respect you crap’, it’s just that..crap. You give respect whether or not it’s returned.. you don’t stomp your foot like a toddler and demand it.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Get out of your parents house
That's one of the main reasons I'm saving more money.
As for my bf demanding respect, isn't that the least you would want if haven't wronged the person in any manner and did nothing to deserve their negative behavior and ill treatment? Isn't treating others how you would like to be treated the basic logic?

Even my grandmother (mom's mother) thinks my mom shares most of the blame. She said it herself that her daughter (mom) isn't an easy person and makes things difficult for her and others sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships