Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 07:16 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,058,349 times

Advertisements

First, a definition. A 'Wait a minute' moment is when someone says or does something that you don't grasp. Then, years later, you say, "Wait a minute!" when you realize what was really happening.

I'll go first.

Early in my career, I worked for a small startup. A husband-and-wife kind of business that was doing cool and innovative things. And we worked all. the. time. As in one Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. I looked up at the clock and said, "Welp, I worked a 40-hour week. Guess I can go home now."

The husband of the two kind of seemed a little off to me, but I got along famously with the wife. Working long, long, grueling hours, we there until midnight, one, two in the morning. It was routine. Still can't explain why I spent three years in that place.

A few months in, the wife would complain about her neck and ask for neckrubs and backrubs. Lots of them. As in every night. And if we all grabbed a drink after work, her husband would insist that Melinda ride with me and hang out in my apartment until he could meet us. And sometimes, he wouldn't show up for a couple of hours. Or they'd invite me for dinner and we'd watch a movie. Invariably R-Rated.

Didn't think a thing of it.

The two were neighbors of my sister and BIL. A couple of days ago, I was at her house when she mentioned them and how skeevy the husband was. And that was my Wait A Minute moment. I tell all this to my sister and she laughs. "Oh, they were trying to recruit you."

I was young and naive. Then again, I wouldn't have done it on a bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 11:28 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Ugh. Thanks for the news brief with my morning coffee. But congrats--your naivety saved you.

What ever happened to their business, btw?

Old 08-06-2020, 05:39 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,627,979 times
Two years ago, I was out with my friend's friends at the beach. We were having a great time and my friend's best friend was waiting with me as I waited for Lyft. It was a fiasco that night, three Lyfts cancelled on me, one never showed up and J was getting frustrated. He was drunk. He called the one Lyft driver and gave him business. He ended up cancelling.

Well, I finally got a Lyft driver and when the Lyft driver picked me up, I was feeling rushed. As I was getting into the car, I think J kissed my cheek. I didn't realize it at first since there was a lot of commotion, but I am also a derp and don't respond to other people who are being forward, but after I shut the door and the Lyft driver was pulling away, I asked my Lyft driver, "did he kiss me?" The Lyft driver laughed, but he didn't notice either.

I think J kissed me. We still keep in touch, but I never asked him. He's in a relationship now and I think my friend likes me more than a friend, but I could be misreading that too. What a mess.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 7,058,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ugh. Thanks for the news brief with my morning coffee. But congrats--your naivety saved you.

What ever happened to their business, btw?

Last time I heard, they were still lurching along. Have no idea what they're doing now.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:37 PM

42 posts, read 37,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
The two were neighbors of my sister and BIL. A couple of days ago, I was at her house when she mentioned them and how skeevy the husband was. And that was my Wait A Minute moment. I tell all this to my sister and she laughs. "Oh, they were trying to recruit you."

Not sure what you mean here, they were trying to recruit you for what?

Old 08-07-2020, 04:05 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,283,201 times
You didn't bang her?

Old 08-07-2020, 10:45 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,183,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
First, a definition. A 'Wait a minute' moment is when someone says or does something that you don't grasp. Then, years later, you say, "Wait a minute!" when you realize what was really happening.

I'll go first.

Early in my career, I worked for a small startup. A husband-and-wife kind of business that was doing cool and innovative things. And we worked all. the. time. As in one Tuesday morning at 11 a.m. I looked up at the clock and said, "Welp, I worked a 40-hour week. Guess I can go home now."

The husband of the two kind of seemed a little off to me, but I got along famously with the wife. Working long, long, grueling hours, we there until midnight, one, two in the morning. It was routine. Still can't explain why I spent three years in that place.

A few months in, the wife would complain about her neck and ask for neckrubs and backrubs. Lots of them. As in every night. And if we all grabbed a drink after work, her husband would insist that Melinda ride with me and hang out in my apartment until he could meet us. And sometimes, he wouldn't show up for a couple of hours. Or they'd invite me for dinner and we'd watch a movie. Invariably R-Rated.

Didn't think a thing of it.

I was young and naive. Then again, I wouldn't have done it on a bet.
Something similar happened to me and my late husband (almost 40 years ago).

We had stopped at the house of one of his co-workers. We were in the neighborhood so we just stopped to say "Hello" and for Hubby to drop off some papers from work. It was a winter day and they suggested that we "stay overnight because they were predicting a huge snow storm that night". It seemed really odd because it was only about 2 PM, the weather was perfect at that time, and we only lived about 40 minutes away. They gave us a tour of the house and they had the strangest rec room in the basement that we had ever seen. There were four or five huge flat, ottomans (the size of beds) scattered around the room and several oversized "lounging" sofas. Plus, all of the basement windows were completely covered with thick, dark drapes. Really, really odd.

They really encouraged us to "stay overnight" (supposedly) because of the upcoming bad weather. They seemed pretty disappointed when we said that we would just drive to our own house.

It wasn't until much, much later that Hubby and I thought "wait a minute" and realized that they were "swingers" and that is why they wanted us to stay overnight.

Last edited by germaine2626; 08-07-2020 at 10:56 AM..

Old 08-07-2020, 11:46 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,090,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen View Post
Not sure what you mean here, they were trying to recruit you for what?
To cuckold the husband.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:14 PM

497 posts, read 697,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
To cuckold the husband.
I'm afraid you may have to explain what cuckold is to the person who asked the question.

Old 08-07-2020, 02:03 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,090,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
I'm afraid you may have to explain what cuckold is to the person who asked the question.
Ummmmm...I think I'll let Mr. Google do that (Warning- NSFW, those of tender sensibilities should make sure 'Safe Search' is 'on').
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships