Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 07:56 AM

6,313 posts, read 4,216,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I was also wearing a very fitted shirt and no bra Saturday morning when he came. I am pretty sure everything was on full display.

It wasnt my intention though. i was home alone and not expecting any guests.

Now I am seeing how that can send the wrong message though, especially to a young man who still has lots of testosterone probably.

If not expecting guests I’d say answering the door you keep a shirt by the door then so you can cover up a bit. Or just don’t answer the door. I rarely answer my door nowadays, part safety, part not interested in those soliciting/Selling/proselytizing, and mostly don’t want to be interrupted in the middle of something.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:33 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,287,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
If not expecting guests I’d say answering the door you keep a shirt by the door then so you can cover up a bit. Or just don’t answer the door. I rarely answer my door nowadays, part safety, part not interested in those soliciting/Selling/proselytizing, and mostly don’t want to be interrupted in the middle of something.

Good idea.

I guess I was underestimating how much men are attuned to those signals coming from women. Or maybe I send out much stronger signals than I realize. But I guess I have to take the blame here.

He was just following his male instincts, which is to push up on women who seem to like him and seem to be advertising their assets.

But he has made four kids and his job now is to provide for his kids and support that family, not go chasing after strays like some tomcat.

But I will do my part and try to tone down my signals, or at least wear something more decent if I'm out in the neighborhood.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:45 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,263,797 times
Quote:
I was also wearing a very fitted shirt and no bra Saturday morning when he came. I am pretty sure everything was on full display.

Now I am seeing how that can send the wrong message though, especially to a young man who still has lots of testosterone probably.
Ok now this story is just getting more & more strange.

"Walking like a woman" and now everything was on display.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:00 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,600,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Ok now this story is just getting more & more strange.

"Walking like a woman" and now everything was on display.

Ita...

Quote:

I wouldn't have answered the door with everything of mine "on full display"...... It was your intention IMO....because you answered the door & you knew what you wearing ofc... Title should be... "So I was trying to proposition a married man..."

Old 09-17-2020, 09:02 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,351,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
I have 2 20-something daughters. One has been in a serious relationship for 4 years...the other is in a serious relationship for 2 years. I started teaching them to DO YOUR 'HOMEWORK' BEFORE you agree to go out with someone once they started dating at about 15. Believe me, it's saved them a WORLD of hurt. They both KNOW not to allow someone's "cuteness" be a persuading factor in dating someone. Both of them have no problem telling a guy to "take a hike", and worry about 'hurting his feelings'.
I have a stepdaughter in her mid 30s. She has a long history of falling head over heels for guys based upon looks alone. When she was still living with us, she became obsessed with this guy that she saw online. He lived in a town in an adjacent state. She was constantly talking about visiting there (she didn't drive at the time). She later found out that the photo that he posted online wasn't even him.

She also hooked up with two guys who she thought were "cute", wound up marrying one and having children with both. The last hookup was chronically unemployed and he did almost nothing productive. She is connected to them for 18 years because of the children. Now she has just moved in with her latest soulmate. I believe that I know the ending to this movie.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:05 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,287,687 times
I wasn't naked or wearing a negligee or anything like that. I used to do the same when my 75 year-old neighbor came over and I didn't have designs on him. These are neighbors, its practically like family.

Also I guess I didn't mind if that guy saw me in a t-shirt and no bra but now that I know its not appropriate, I will be more careful what I wear around him and what I do.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:14 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,620,068 times
I disagree with this so called "modesty" push. Wear whatever you want, it's your home. If men look, that's their problem. As a woman I act appropriately to the situation, I don't lead them on, but I'm not sweating in a hot bra just to make sure that some married man doesn't look at my breasts. Men are going to look no matter what you are wearing anyway. Women go topless on beaches in a lot of Mexico, South America, and Europe. It's mostly USA where it is blown up as some taboo. People in those countries don't think anything of it. Bottom line is, it's not the woman's fault if a man's eyes wander, this is not the 1850's, seems some people want to take us back there. But I'm an aging hippie, and proud of it.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:15 AM

6,313 posts, read 4,216,254 times
Quote:
Good idea.

I guess I was underestimating how much men are attuned to those signals coming from women. Or maybe I send out much stronger signals than I realize. But I guess I have to take the blame here.

He was just following his male instincts, which is to push up on women who seem to like him and seem to be advertising their assets.

But he has made four kids and his job now is to provide for his kids and support that family, not go chasing after strays like some tomcat.

But I will do my part and try to tone down my signals, or at least wear something more decent if I'm out in the neighborhood.

Most married men don’t follow such instincts but then some men are slimeballs. There is no need to change yourself or how you dress, slimeballs are going to be slimeballs. You think you have to be young and wear a short dress or show cleaveage to attract a slimeball. I’m 65 and wear modest clothing, am very happily married and I’ve been propositioned. Some men just look for an opportunity and somehow think saying good morning ( you know just being socially polite) is somehow an invitation for a bit hanky Panky on the side GROAN!

Old 09-17-2020, 09:23 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,600,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I disagree with this so called "modesty" push.

Quote:
I am pretty sure everything was on full display.

It's not a modesty push......it's common sense IMO. You don't say you answered the door with everything on display......(edit: O.P.s words)....& then create drama about it.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:40 AM

464 posts, read 203,319 times
I seriously can't believe that there are still some people not getting this... OP *thought* the guy was single, and was initially attracted to him. Dude is married but acts like he's single, bringing things to the OP without even telling his wife. OP is in HER house and should be able to dress any flippin, set-trippin, way she wants to.

She could have been dressed like a NUN, and her neighbor would still have been out of bounds for his actions. LoL ppl...women walk like women... and they dress like them too. I'm glad they do, it adds to the beautification of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships