Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 07:06 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,286,802 times

Advertisements

^Right? It has kinda been a lot of "what if?" Not a whole lot of actual substance has happened.

I got some pasta sauce. Yay. Whats it mean? Who knows?

Why has this thread caught so much attention? I dont actually know.

But nobody was harmed in the making. The family next door is still intact. I've not died of poisoning from gifted food. My girls are still jiggling and bouncing to their hearts content.

I think we are all good!

Dude just wanted a bit of up close time I guess. We had about 5 minutes within unacceptable close contact (like 18 inches). Maybe thats all was needed to scratch whatever itch was there.

Last edited by moongirl00; 09-16-2020 at 07:37 PM..

Old 09-16-2020, 09:46 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,087,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post

..... Why has this thread caught so much attention? I dont actually know......
One word explains it. People love ...... SENSATIONALISM!

Old 09-16-2020, 11:28 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,581,793 times
Quote:
My neighbor, who I have noticed walking around our neighborhood for awhile, and he always smiles really big and says hi when he sees me. I thought he was cute and would date him if he asked me out.

This morning he knocked on my door. He has never done this before. We chatted about five minutes. It turns out he is the husband and father of the family next door (I didnt know this because he looks so young).

Then he gave me some food he made, said its a recipe from an award winning chef he studied with. I thanked him profusely. Then he said "My wife doesnt know I'm giving this to you......."

Then it was kind of awkward while I was waiting for him to explain more. But he just awkwardly hemmed and hawed for awhile. Then he said "So I'm just leaving that open."

I dont want to jump to conclusions, but was he trying to.....push up on me?

I'm not going to have an affair with him, so don't worry. I'm just trying to find out if I'm reading the situation right.
How could you miss it? Of course he was.

Old 09-16-2020, 11:33 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,581,793 times
Quote:
I thought he was 21 or so. But they have four kids, the oldest about 7. He's probably about 30. Here in small town southwest its common for people to marry right out of high school. But he looks very young!

Yeah, its going to be a bit awkward seeing him around now!

The mask is a good idea.
You must be much more deliberate than that. "No thanks, I'm not interested. I don't date married men." And don't accept one more thing from him.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:17 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,473,931 times
Quote:
My neighbor, who I have noticed walking around our neighborhood for awhile, and he always smiles really big and says hi when he sees me. I thought he was cute and would date him if he asked me out.

This morning he knocked on my door. He has never done this before. We chatted about five minutes. It turns out he is the husband and father of the family next door (I didnt know this because he looks so young).

Then he gave me some food he made, said its a recipe from an award winning chef he studied with. I thanked him profusely. Then he said "My wife doesnt know I'm giving this to you......."

Then it was kind of awkward while I was waiting for him to explain more. But he just awkwardly hemmed and hawed for awhile. Then he said "So I'm just leaving that open."

I dont want to jump to conclusions, but was he trying to.....push up on me?

I'm not going to have an affair with him, so don't worry. I'm just trying to find out if I'm reading the situation right.
You knew darned well he was propositioning you the moment he said 1) "my wife doesn't know I'm giving this to you, followed soon after with 2) "so I'm just leaving that open."

So now what? You likely have a dish that belongs in his household, so wash it, dry it and take it over to his house only when you see that his wife is home. Hand her the dish, and thank her for the food, and if he's there, make sure he doesn't even get a smile out of you. That should put a stop to his shenanigans, at least as far as you are concerned.

Forget his cuteness. He's a jerk.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:17 AM

12,789 posts, read 15,028,020 times
Quote:
I dont do any of that stuff.

The only thing I might do is go braless. But thats just because I'm home, its more comfortable to. I wear a bra if I go out in public, but if I am just taking the trash out, then no.

Maybe that came across as seductive.

I think people can tell. Once some Johovas Witnesses came to the door. I amswered in just my t-shirt, no bra. The guy was like "We will come back later."

Woah, well I guess you're not modest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Moongirl you do you, wear what you want. Some men come on to you even if you’re completely covered in snow clothes. Now you’re on alert you can navigate the neighbors If need be.

Right, people should be able to wear what they want as much s possible, but some may say moongirl should tone it down in certain situations such as this, especially since she cares about what the neighbors & others think. It's all about how one carries themselves. It's the same way as the woman at the workplace who always or often wears the tight, short skirt suits, etc. WHen they do that often, people automatically think certain things about that person. Things like: She thinks she's cute, she's trying to get favors or special treatment from our meals boss, etc., etc., etc.

I'm sure she doesn't want the neighbors yakking about her & saying, "Oh, yeah she seems like the trollup-y type, wearing see-through clothes, just t-shirts, & no bras all the time...so she's probably the type to have an affair w/ the neighbor, blah, blah, blah..."

Do most of you answer the door in just a t-shirt & NO bra, especially if you know it's some religious group (because she has a peephole to see who it is before opening the door, I'm sure)? I'd think not many of us.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 09-17-2020 at 07:35 AM..

Old 09-17-2020, 07:28 AM

29,758 posts, read 34,454,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
You must be much more deliberate than that. "No thanks, I'm not interested. I don't date married men." And don't accept one more thing from him.
If she's that direct and actually says that, she's going to look crazy. Dude brought over some frozen pasta sauce and made an awkward comment, but he didn't actually ask her out. All she needs to do is set her boundaries and be no more than a pleasant and distant neighbor.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:32 AM

19,738 posts, read 20,296,959 times
Any updates yet?

(Or is this all still just 20+ pages of speculation?)

Old 09-17-2020, 07:33 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,286,802 times
I was also wearing a very fitted shirt and no bra Saturday morning when he came. I am pretty sure everything was on full display.

It wasnt my intention though. i was home alone and not expecting any guests.

Now I am seeing how that can send the wrong message though, especially to a young man who still has lots of testosterone probably.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:44 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,108,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
It's all good then, he's likely not interested in dating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships