Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 03:13 PM

288 posts, read 200,850 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend runs a social group. An ex colleague of his has ADHD and joined the group to make friends. My boyfriend put on an event and a few of them and this ex colleague met in the bar. My boyfriend was going to have a cigarette and this ex colleague put both of his hands around my boyfriend's neck, he pushed him off as he did not know what was going on. He said he was strong and now has a sore throat and struggles to swallow. This guy claims he did that to stop him smoking as he does not agree with smoking.

I messaged him and said never ever grab anyone's neck again as it is dangerous and you can cause asphyxiation and that he has hurt him. He has apologised and said he would never hurt anyone. He claims he and his friends do it. I have never met anyone who grabs people around the throat. He said he was concerned about my boyfriend's health yet caused another health issue!

My boyfriend is really anxious now as he already has other health issues and is really worried about his throat. He deleted this ex colleague off Facebook and says he must be a psychopath to do that and it that it was assault.

This guy has messaged me since and I really don't want to get involved. He is clearly lonely but is a liability and can't be trusted.

I have told my boyfriend to get medical assistance as he has been on Google and is afraid he won't recover. He is going to the doctor tomorrow. In the meantime he is taking supplements and eating fruit.

I just feel for my boyfriend as he has such a good heart and gets assaulted in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 04:27 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
This has nothing to do with ADHD. The guy is simply a jerk.

Old 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
There's no good excuse for what he did. Whether or not the doctor finds any damage, it's best to drop this guy from any friend group.

I don't think supplements will help a throat if it's damaged.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,637,449 times
That idiot might have injured your boyfriend's C2 vertebrae which is very serious. It's the large vertebrae that supports the skull, if it's bruised or fractured is can effect the spinal cord.

He should go to the emergency room to have his neck checked out.

IMO the idiot ex-colleague should have assault charges filed against him.

Best wishes for your boyfriend's full recovery.

Old 03-17-2024, 06:44 PM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Your boyfriend and a couple of others went to a bar. One got physical with your boyfriend about smoking. You interfered with a tirade. Your boyfriend has some discomfort and uses supplements/fruit until a medical appointment tomorrow.
If the situation was really that intense - nobody called police or went to seek medical attention.

Old 03-18-2024, 02:49 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Your boyfriend and a couple of others went to a bar. One got physical with your boyfriend about smoking. You interfered with a tirade. Your boyfriend has some discomfort and uses supplements/fruit until a medical appointment tomorrow.
If the situation was really that intense - nobody called police or went to seek medical attention.
In what way did the endearing friend Interfere with a tirade? Seems to me if I had an endearing friend/boyfriend/girlfriend speak up on my behalf, I'd feel supported.

An assault can cause injury in being victimized, which this person was! Sure the physical may heal, yet the mind will remember and replay it ten different ways til sunday on why it happened and what was done to them. You can't unring a physical assault.

True that calling the police and seeking medical would have been the (in retrospect) the wiser thing to do.

As a person who had an assault done to my being, it wasn't the police I wanted. I wanted out of that situation and get home to safety. It would be hours later that I even got settled til I called the police. who were of NO help .

Old 03-18-2024, 08:54 AM

24,475 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
In what way did the endearing friend Interfere with a tirade? Seems to me if I had an endearing friend/boyfriend/girlfriend speak up on my behalf, I'd feel supported.

An assault can cause injury in being victimized, which this person was! Sure the physical may heal, yet the mind will remember and replay it ten different ways til sunday on why it happened and what was done to them. You can't unring a physical assault.

True that calling the police and seeking medical would have been the (in retrospect) the wiser thing to do.

As a person who had an assault done to my being, it wasn't the police I wanted. I wanted out of that situation and get home to safety. It would be hours later that I even got settled til I called the police. who were of NO help .
Sounds like meddling to me. BF should be an adult who handles his own business.
I messaged him and said never ever grab anyone's neck again as it is dangerous and you can cause asphyxiation and that he has hurt him. He has apologised and said he would never hurt anyone. He claims he and his friends do it. I have never met anyone who grabs people around the throat. He said he was concerned about my boyfriend's health yet caused another health issue!

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Without details nobody can even gues why law enforcement was of no assistance.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM

19,696 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:

Sounds like meddling to me. BF should be an adult who handles his own business.

^This.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:43 AM

975 posts, read 533,657 times
Block the guy from messaging you. Don't interact with him at all.

Old 03-18-2024, 10:07 AM

288 posts, read 200,850 times
Quote:
You interfered with a tirade.
He could have killed him. This guy told me before my boyfriend told me that he did it. I told him to never do that again and not to do that to others. How else will the thicko understand.

I am surprised 2 people think it was ok what he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships