Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,192,573 times

Advertisements

No offense, artsyguy, but no wonder you have a hard time making/keeping friends. If your responses on this thread is any indication, I can see why you put people off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 AM

78,771 posts, read 60,951,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
No offense, artsyguy, but no wonder you have a hard time making/keeping friends. If your responses on this thread is any indication, I can see why you put people off.
We all need a little attention once in a while. I think Artsy is having a tough week in some way.

Also, he isn't afraid to push boundaries for some shock-value comments...sorta like Carlos Mencia.

Just verbally abuse him back, he likes it.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 AM

25,157 posts, read 54,021,727 times
ya dude I'm totally brash and brutally honest in real life. I love to "keep it real" dude.

Besides that I'm glad Jeep found some closure in regards to knowing about her family. Best wishes to her.

I still have both of my parents and count my blessings everyday that I have them. They were pretty much always there for me and we have had our rough patches but overall there has been loyalty and care between my parents and I.

Now my Aunt is a whole other story. She is like Mimi from Drew Carey. Who remembers that character? rotfl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post

Old 11-19-2008, 11:36 AM

25,157 posts, read 54,021,727 times
I do not like verbal abuse. What is wrong with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We all need a little attention once in a while. I think Artsy is having a tough week in some way.

Also, he isn't afraid to push boundaries for some shock-value comments...sorta like Carlos Mencia.

Just verbally abuse him back, he likes it.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,665,801 times
My youngest bio sister is having a C-section, delivering early in 1 hour @ 4pm EST. 1st time of my being a fresh brand new Auntie! So to those of you who are Aunts and Uncles, this is what it feels like huh! It's a boy.

When they come down next month, my son and I will have so many new faces to meet and one brand new teenie face. Pretty exciting, I went out to the mall earlier and bought some gifts for the baby to send. Haven't shopped for a tiny one in ages. So many cute things out now.

My younger sisters really are very warm, thoughtful, and loving souls - calling me every day to see how I am, telling me that they are sorting through the stuff that our mom left to them to give to me - said \that they know that she would want me to have some of it and are bringing it with them, plus, tons of pictures of our mom and bringing her urn for me (isn't that so very thoughtful??), calling me from the hospital giving me a play-by-play of what is going on. . . I am overwhelmed in the most refreshing way.

I take it the different levels of shock will take a few weeks to get through. Just when I exit one level, I enter another.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,878,873 times
Done the Uncle thing 10 times already and the great uncle for the first time here about a month ago.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:32 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,347,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
My youngest bio sister is having a C-section, delivering early in 1 hour @ 4pm EST. 1st time of my being a fresh brand new Auntie! So to those of you who are Aunts and Uncles, this is what it feels like huh! It's a boy.

When they come down next month, my son and I will have so many new faces to meet and one brand new teenie face. Pretty exciting, I went out to the mall earlier and bought some gifts for the baby to send. Haven't shopped for a tiny one in ages. So many cute things out now.

My younger sisters really are very warm, thoughtful, and loving souls - calling me every day to see how I am, telling me that they are sorting through the stuff that our mom left to them to give to me - said \that they know that she would want me to have some of it and are bringing it with them, plus, tons of pictures of our mom and bringing her urn for me (isn't that so very thoughtful??), calling me from the hospital giving me a play-by-play of what is going on. . . I am overwhelmed in the most refreshing way.

I take it the different levels of shock will take a few weeks to get through. Just when I exit one level, I enter another.
Congratulations on your new "aunthood".

This whole thread is just awesome.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:33 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,665,801 times
Well. It's official as of 5 minutes ago. . . and of course, I ran to you all with it first since I was in the middle of posting to threads when I received the email. . . need to vent and need feedback to turn my frown upside down.

Adopted parents sent me an email reinstating that they want me to denounce the adoption and to mock me, ridicule me, and try to humiliate me.

I'm so hurt - as if they didn't say and do enough to already. I mean, they totally mocked me, ridiculed me, and did so many "LOL's" . . . said things like, here's a quote from the email. . . "go with your new loving family there is no reason to keep my name , since you have a new loving family .ILOL! do your thing and LOSE THE NAME., since im sure they are so loving LOL!!!!! they didnt want you and we dont either. you are just a broken unwanted person face it LOL!! must be a sad life knowing at birth and as a grown up you have to look for people to want you LOL!!!"

No one has ever said anything quite so mean to me. Even they have have outdone their own hatred. I am very upset, not mad, but deeply teary saddened that they would stoop so low. For years, I felt like I was an unwanted reject by my own birthparents and knowing the truth on why I was given up, it does not sting as badly now, but I feel the burn from the yesteryears psychologically from how I once believed that. It was a sensitive spot growing up that is now closing up in the past 2 weeks. What in the hell is wrong with those people? How could anyone say such a thing to another human being? I cannot imagine living with all of that unwarranted festered hate.

I only responded back by saying to please drop off a box of my baby/childhood pictures to one of my Aunts houses. Nothing more. - Those are something that I will have a hard time letting go of that I want my son to have. I do not have that many on me.

I am going to go make my freaking cookies now, need to pull myself together.

Your thoughts? I need them.

(And please, no jokes about it, Artsy.)

Old 11-25-2008, 11:53 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,319,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

Yup I'm the eldest, but my sis was the first one out of all of us to have a child. I think I felt almost the same way you do, unfortunately I was living in California at the time of her birth which was C section and seriously preemie...we didn't think she'd make it and I could leave the US to come home to the UK as I was a witness in a trial so it was a month before I could see her. That was 17 years ago Then she and my sis flew out to spent a month with me when she was 18 months and I took her everywhere with me. Can never listen Van Morrisons Brown eyed gal without tearing up. It's so exciting being an aunt. And the cute clothes? I ended up on first name basis with a lot of the sales people at Bullocks and I Magnin down at the mall.

Darn I haven't read this thread in a while.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,347,551 times
Jeep, I am so sorry that your adoptive ex-parents are such hurtful creatures. I don't really know what else to say. Their attitude is just disgusting. I feel bad that you had to suffer with them your whole life. I hope that your new life with your sisters and new extended family (as well as the loving aunts/uncles/cousins you grew up knowing) will bring you some happiness as you obviously are a caring person and deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships